What we need to see from SHIELD Clearance Level 9

Orion
Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
SHIELD Clearance level 8 came out around then end of October, about 5 months ago. Everyone has been waiting for CL 9 and CL 10, but so far nothing. It's about time we see another Clearance Level, but first we need to make sure that it has what we need.

I'm not going to argue that CL9 needs to have 5* rewards in either progression or placement because I doubt D3 would do that. So I'm going to be a bit more realistic...

1) CL9 needs to come out very, very soon. 5 months is more than enough time, isn't it? Heck, you've still got CL10 waiting in the weeds for you to drag this out even longer. So get to it already!

2) CL9 needs to distinguish itself from lower levels. One of the big failures of CL8 is that it isn't that much different from CL7. An extra 50 HP here or 500 ISO there hasn't kept many veterans from dropping down to CL7 or even CL6 for better placement. The rewards for CL9 need to be enough that people eligible to play in it will actually play in it! CL8 is for people level 52 and up. Let's assume that CL9 will be, say, level 72 and up. People that high need ISO. They need CP. Give it to them. If you aren't going to give out 5* covers as prizes, then at least give out 20 CP as an end prize to give people a chance at a 5*. Give them the ISO they need to level up those 4*s.

3) Stop being so stingy with 4* covers. If you haven't noticed, 4*s aren't the end-all-be-all anymore. So why does the game treat them that way? In a normal PvE for CL8, only the top 1% of finishers get a 4* cover. Seriously? Why? For CL9, 4* covers need to be given out to the top 20 at least, and probably more appropriately to the top 50. Remember, CL9 are your top players! They haven't cared about 3*s in years. Ideally, there would be 2 4*s given out in progression in addition to the cover given to the top 50. Give out more 4*s to more players, just don't increase the number of 4*s given to the top 1%.

I'm not looking for crazy levels of rewards here. But let's be serious, no one wants to grind a 7-day PvE and get a couple of 3* covers even though they finished in the top 2% of players in their bracket. The 4* transition is hard enough as it is, and with vaulting now in place there has to be a serious uptick in the amount of 4* rewards given out. CL9 seems like the obvious place to do that.

Comments

• shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I am at 73 and I only play at 8 for simulator. The rewards are just not worth it. For PVP, you get an Extra 4 star for a top 5 finish when you choose level 8. Why is there no single 4 star reward? The drop off is too intense. I can either get 2 4*Iron fist, who looks pretty good, or 3 sentry covers? That is falling into the Mariana Trench! With no boosted 4s this week, it isn't even worth it. I would easily trade 3 3's for 1 4.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    b70.gif
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    8 Definitely needs an edit and we're going to need more than 10 before they even get there.

The amount of 4 covers needs to go up from 8 & up, especially since we've been told (IIRC) SCL may be how scaling is done in the future.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    What you will see: Top 10 4* covers, marginal Iso/HP upgrades, an extra token in progression.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    And I would actually rather they give out less 3 star covers and more 2 stars again in SCL 9. The reason is because by now, my 3s are starting to approach max champ level. In another 3-6 months, all my 3s except the new ones will be max champed. At least with 2 stars I can farm them, but 3s would have to be given out in crazy numbers to make that reasonable to do ever.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    8 Definitely needs an edit and we're going to need more than 10 before they even get there.

The amount of 4 covers needs to go up from 8 & up, especially since we've been told (IIRC) SCL may be how scaling is done in the future.

Somebody has said that Marvel has been really clear with D3/Demiurge that SHIELD Clearance levels stop at 10. Period. No exceptions, in any Marvel-related property, at all, ever. End of discussion.
  • GurlBYE
    jffdougan wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

Somebody has said that Marvel has been really clear with D3/Demiurge that SHIELD Clearance levels stop at 10. Period. No exceptions, in any Marvel-related property, at all, ever. End of discussion.
    That's reasonable.

They'll likely just have to keep on adjusting them downward as the game expands.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    And for the love of god, can we please get all standard tokens replaced with elites at SC9? It should happen at, like, SC 5, but I'm a realist.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    jffdougan wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

That's reasonable.

They'll likely just have to keep on adjusting them downward as the game expands.

Yes. As we've said, 8 is already far too insignificant of a boost over 7 to be even worth going to in some situations. That needs to change. And basically, all the rewards can be shifted down at least one tier. Its like they're trying to keep some semblance of having a newcomer to the game getting 2 and 3 star rewards be as meaningful as they were years ago when that was the entire game. But, they need to face reality. With their proliferation of new character after new character at the 4* level, having people, even newbies, chasing 4*'s forever is just absurd. Their game has moved on, these low level rewards just aren't as meaningful anymore, and the devs need to accept that.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    For Rank 9 I think they should remove all the iso/hp/cp/& cover rewards for both progression and placement. Instead just have puzzle tokens. Just, like, a whole lot of puzzle tokens at every possible juncture. Puzzle tokens would be like completely blind booster packs, and contain a random Puzzle piece. Players would be able to collect enough Puzzle pieces to complete a whole puzzle and then they would get to see a cool picture. The pictures wouldn't do anything except for to be cool to look at. Once you have finished a puzzle you can collect more puzzle pieces and make a different picture or maybe trade with your friends or print it out and keep it in your wallet.

I think a lot of people just want more rewards like we already have, so they won't like this idea but I think it would be a good idea to have something different and anice picture to look at and collect puxxle pieces. than kyou
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love your optimism, and I really hope that CL9 is similar to what you - rightly - state it should be, but I've been playing this game for far too long to get my hopes up.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    notamutant wrote:
    And I would actually rather they give out less 3 star covers and more 2 stars again in SCL 9. The reason is because by now, my 3s are starting to approach max champ level. In another 3-6 months, all my 3s except the new ones will be max champed. At least with 2 stars I can farm them, but 3s would have to be given out in crazy numbers to make that reasonable to do ever.

Um No!!!!!! Tooo much 2* covers from tokens and progression as is!!! Need more 3* covers not less!! Makes no sense to have more useless 2* covers!!!
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    notamutant wrote:

Um No!!!!!! Tooo much 2* covers from tokens and progression as is!!! Need more 3* covers not less!! Makes no sense to have more useless 2* covers!!!

2 star covers are never useless as long as you keep championing and selling 2 stars. 3 star covers will absolutely be useless for a large percentage of the player base in SCL 9 in another 3-12 months depending on when they started playing. Only super whales and crazy people will try to roster dupe 3s and start championing them again from scratch.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    What we NEED is likely 3-4 times what we'll actually get. Never underestimate Demiurge's ability to underwhelm
  • Infrared
    Infrared Posts: 240 Tile Toppler
    notamutant wrote:
    3 star covers will absolutely be useless for a large percentage of the player base in SCL 9 in another 3-12 months depending on when they started playing. Only super whales and crazy people will try to roster dupe 3s and start championing them again from scratch.
    Maybe they could make it so max champ characters 3* and above can convert additional covers into 1 CP each.
  • stewbacca
    stewbacca Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Call me crazy, but i currently have about 25 characters in my 3* farm...

It started when I needed some iso to champ some 5* (got a 14th iron man and cap in the same week). Figured at that point as many that I had sold for just 500 a piece it was worth more in the long run to start them over.

If you place decently from one event to another, you average 5 of the same cover in a 3 day period. Seems reasonable to champ to me.

I had all but 6 of them at level 266. Of the ones I started over, majority of those are back over the 190 lvl. Just means I'm dipping back through for the 4* covers of the vaulted ones.

The only time I take a hit is when it's particular pvp comes up (big difference between 266 and 200 there) but I still usually make it to the 900 pt. total.
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    Clearance Levels need a complete revamp from the top down, and the addition of level 9.

They need to revamp rewards at each level, and expand the SHIELD ranks for each level. They also need to increase the amount of rewards you get for selling a fully covered 3* to match the level of payout you get for time and effort it takes to fully champ a 3* (in proportion to the payout for 2*s vs the time/effort it takes to fully cover a 2*).

So many changes need to be made to bring things into alignment but they all just get left at the wayside while new 4* characters get churned out every 2 weeks, 5*s every 4 weeks, and vaulting is a thing.
  • GurlBYE
    notamutant wrote:
    notamutant wrote:

2 star covers are never useless as long as you keep championing and selling 2 stars. 3 star covers will absolutely be useless for a large percentage of the player base in SCL 9 in another 3-12 months depending on when they started playing. Only super whales and crazy people will try to roster dupe 3s and start championing them again from scratch.

3 star covers are never useless as long as you keep championing and selling 3 stars. 4 star covers will absolutely be useless for a large percentage of the player base in SCL 9 in another 3-12 months depending on when they started playing. Only super whales and crazy people will try to roster dupe 4s and start championing them again from scratch.

This narrative works a lot of ways, and just because your 3's are all approaching max champ doesn't mean everyone's are.

When you use "My or me" to find a reason something should be rolled across the entire user base, it should be something that has no solution, not something inconvenient to you.

If you're being flooded with 3 star covers, it'd be just as simple to deal with as 2's are now.

Think, and the rewards are flat out better.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    What we need is for it to be released ASAP, like yesterday, they are late already!

Right now I don't even care about the extra rewards ( probably just by splitting users they will become better ), but I don't exactly understand what are they waiting for. If they don't release it next week when Hulk PvE finishes, at least THEY MUST SAY WHY!

I keep winning levels (and yeah the iso is nice) but I don't know for what. I am already on 96, a lot of people is in 100+, but scl9 and 10 are still not released.

WHY ARE THEY NOT RELEASED?!?!?!? WHAT ARE DEVS WAITING FOR?!?!?!? WE WANT TO KNOW!!!
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I think the Clearance Levels need to be address from the bottom up.

If the top current shield rank is 125 it needs to have more severe boundary markers for each step up. (E.G) I think the shield rank for level 8 is 52? That’s crazy. That means with the last 2 CL ranks you need to factor in people who are up to 73 places higher.

I’m personally at level 90 odd. My roster and length of play etc etc is far greater than someone with a roster at shield level 52. Yet we sit in the same CL. And of course someone who has a full 5 star roster will think the same of my shield rank and roster.

It needs to be divided out a bit better with more structure. There are too many Shield ranks left over after shield rank 8. Something like the below (which I typed out in 1 min so I expect the maths is off):

Shield rank – Clearance level:

1-10 1
    11-23 2
    24-37 3
    38-51 4
    52-65 5
    66-79 6
    80-83 7
    84-98 8
    99-114 9
    115-125 10

I also agree that the awards for each progressive CL should be exponentially greater each time. It needs to be what it was designed for. A reward for progression and the attainment of rank through dedicated time and play.