Return of the Duck

2»

Comments

• Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/2/0. Ughhhhhh.

Do I try to pull his purple or not.... That is the question. I play games for fun, and Howard is certainly fun to use.... but.....
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I brought my 5/3/5 Duck up to 120 to clear. Probably could have finished at 70 if I really tried, but I figure sooner or later another cover is going to pop out and I intend to champ him when it does.

I'd also like to echo the sentiment of un-limiting his availability. He is indeed fun to play, and pretty good, to boot!
  • Spooky
    Spooky Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    mine is 1/1/1 and i did it in the fourth try... get invisible and deny green... worked for me icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Howard is championed, but I didn't win any covers from my numerous token pulls. Oh well.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pulled a green Howard with the daily deal so that takes mine up to 2/2/4 at level 131. Really wish they would make him a regular character, he's my favorite invisible character.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    LOL at adding a howard vault with no way to get tokens besides HP.

and then switching the crash from a scheduled character.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:

Even funnier is them adding it after the HP sale is over. They really have zero clue on how to incentive people to make purchases.
  • MpqTron
    MpqTron Posts: 45 Just Dropped In
    I managed this on about the 9th try with a lvl 70 0-0-1.

100% damage boost,
    +2 all colours
    +2 p/b

I had about 900 hp left. It's all about getting a good board. Deny green is first priority, then collect purple. Nothing apartment from those 2 things matters but you need a good board to pull this off
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    Love my Howard icon_e_smile.gif Lvl 280; got one cover from current vault. Beat PunMax no problem; Green denial all the way.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    GurlBYE wrote:

Yeah, that made me pop a vein as well. I mean, really? Especially since this is a limited character, I don't see the logic in doing this unless D3 thinks we all are ready to sink another 100 Euro into the game or something like that? Just to get 3 Howard covers ... icon_rolleyes.gif

For character vaults where we have other means to get said character, yeah, I can get that. But for a limited character that comes around once a year? You gotta be kiddin me
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Howard comes around every four months or so. 11th April will be his one-year anniversary.
  • Dartmaster01
    Dartmaster01 Posts: 634 Critical Contributor
    My only problem with this is he's not available via playing the game. As in placement, progression, or his tokens being attainable through game play but rather he's only for sale. Probably not the first time it's been done with someone but I see it as a slap in the face and a bad precedent. I get Howards a limited character and all, which is actually why this is so insulting to me. Shame on you D3, let us play for him not pay for him. icon_evil.gif
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    My only problem with this is he's not available via playing the game. As in placement, progression, or his tokens being attainable through game play but rather he's only for sale. Probably not the first time it's been done with someone but I see it as a slap in the face and a bad precedent. I get Howards a limited character and all, which is actually why this is so insulting to me. Shame on you D3, let us play for him not pay for him. icon_evil.gif

I thought they usually gave one cover for free when they do that
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:

Well they did nothing this time. You either buy, or go without.

It's a weird thing to do for a limited character.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm extremely disappointed too. I saw the popup saying Howard is Back! through April 3rd. That's enough time to run a shortened Duck Season... then the next PVE shows up and it's ... Hulk ...? I check the rewards... no Howard... no Howard Vault Tokens... just the option to BUY them. Excitement turns to irritation. Piss in my lemonade.

At least I can earn one by beating Crash right? ... Win! LT... not Howard...?

3/4/5 Howard... feeling the hurt.

I have 5 days to try and earn him from 15 Taco Tokens, out of 300... Guess how many times I've received the 4* character out of the Taco Vault... 2 times, most recent was last season, so I'm not due to have a good run for a while based on my luck.

Just trying to understand why they would do this.
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Beat it with lvl 100 1/3/2 (had 370 health left at the end icon_cool.gif ).
    Won my, I think, eight black Luke Cage cover.
    Sigh. Oh well, it was fun anyway!
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:

Well they did nothing this time. You either buy, or go without.

It's a weird thing to do for a limited character.

Hence my idea of removing his "limited" tag while this cut-down version of Duck Season is running. It might tempt people into opening their hoard...
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Duck came around... and I didn't get one. I spent the 100 HP a day on the daily deal, no luck. Spent all my taco tokens... no luck. Beat the Crash, but got an LT and NOT a Howard cover.

What a wasted "return" of the duck.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal wrote:
    Duck came around... and I didn't get one. I spent the 100 HP a day on the daily deal, no luck. Spent all my taco tokens... no luck. Beat the Crash, but got an LT and NOT a Howard cover.

What a wasted "return" of the duck.
    Same here, but I'm not too worried. My Howard is 3/4/5, so I am fairly certain I'll be able to max him next time Webbed Wonder runs. Patience is the name of the game here.
    It would have been neat if I'd gotten Another cover now, but I wasn't expecting one.