Return of the Duck

CNash
CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So "it's that time again"... although apparently we're not getting a re-run of Webbed Wonder this time? There's a vault with some Howard covers, and Howard vs. PunMax is this week's Crash, but I could've sworn the reward for that Crash in the past was a Howard cover and not an LT like usual...

Anyway, how's your Howard doing? Mine's 2/1/2, almost halfway there... Here's a suggestion, Demiurge: while Duck Season is running, removing the "Limited" tag from Howard and allowing him to be set as a Bonus Hero would really help speed things along for us!

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    With the amount of times he has been run he's actually more available than Iceman now. Wish we could stop running events featuring him, nothing against him at all (ok maybe a little) but I was looking forward to the Bucky crash which has now been skipped thanks to this.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    0/1/1. Won his Crash. Good enough for now.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/4/5, had to trash Three Purples after the last Webbed Wonder run since I couldn't champ him. :/ Would be neat to get the 13th cover this time.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I sold him because I don't keep limited characters. I wish they'd stop featuring them entirely but it looks like thats not the case icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

You won with only 2 covers? Then I could do it with 4 covers, right? But that AOE attack gets me even if I'm invisible so bummer that! I will try again and really focus on removing all greens at all times.

Someone else did it with a single purple cover! The key really is obsessive green denial, getting your purple out quickly, and holding on for dear life.
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    as of today pulling a blue from his vault im now fully covered on Howard 3/5/5 250/270. (I have been playing for more then 3 years) Will champ him just because then forget about him.

Its a shame as he is actually quite decent. Boosted his purple and green hit fairly hard and its a nightmare getting rid of all his invisible tiles. His blue stun is also handy.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mine's level 275, I was swimming in his covers and had the Iso, so I jumped on it. Had I known vaulting was coming I probably wouldn't have, but I don't overly regret it either.

He's underrated. Below average, but not complete trash like some others. He is pretty fun to play and hits hard when boosted.
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    0/3/0. Don't think I have much of a chance.
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    i was thinking this was a lost cause at 1/3/4 lvl 70 after i got toasted twice from Pun Green.

i tried again after seeing someone get it from 0/1/1 and what do you know. i got him. didnt give up a single green except when he got lucky via a cascade at the end.

cashed in that token and got a green Riri_Icon.png .....oh well.
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Slothkins wrote:
    0/3/0. Don't think I have much of a chance.

I also have a 0/3/0 and got PunMax down to 110 on my final match (was a cascade) that did not match 5 and left a match-4 that finished me. It is possible with PunMax not having his black.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    2/3/4, level 94. Won the first try with no boosts. I ate one green power from Punisher, but was able to follow a blue stun up with purple which carried me to victory. As everyone noted, the key is to focus on denying green matches over anything else.

Legendary Token netted me my 13th Blade cover.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Duck is 5/3/5 level 278...Gimme those 3 duck covers in the vault please!!

I only buy the daily 100 hp pull special never once anything more. Will this be my first 10x pull?
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    My duck is 3/5/3
    They need to boost the Duck and the Dinosaur every now and then.
    Fed up of them sitting in the roster not pulling their weight.

Is it any wonder the dinosaur is so large, sitting on his ever widening backside doing nothing.

icon_lol.gif
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I lost the first time, so i leveled my 1/2/3 to 87 with +2purple/blue, +2all, +50% blue/purple.
    I won, and was able to duck duck twice. Denying green was key.
    I got a black mordo. eh?! and a bonus Peggy!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Champed Howard made quick work of poor Punisher.

I really wish they would move Howard out of the limited box. He is so fun to play.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    DFiPL wrote:
    mexus wrote:
    DFiPL wrote:

You won with only 2 covers? Then I could do it with 4 covers, right? But that AOE attack gets me even if I'm invisible so bummer that! I will try again and really focus on removing all greens at all times.

Someone else did it with a single purple cover! The key really is obsessive green denial, getting your purple out quickly, and holding on for dear life.
    This was the first Crash I won when I had returned to the game, and had a 1 cover Howard.
    Other keys: patience, boosts, and health packs for the dozens of attempts it could possibly take.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/3/5. EIGHTY sized vault? No other events mentioned? What's the point?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    someone say Duck Season?
    Veqo1Cte.gif

not that kind of duck season?
    my bad.

on a serious note my Howard is 1/4/0 so no crash for me
    and I can't go on a token binge either
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since my one cover for him is purple, I've got a chance. Had bad boards so far, tho, full of green, almost no purple.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Howard is 0/3/3, I want to finish him so bad. Love the character and think he's a lot of fun to play with.

They really could've made the vault a bit smaller, though. Tempted to buy my first 10 pack but it's still such a punt. I'll keep doing the daily 1 pack deals and make the call before the vault ends.