Updates to Story Mission Minimum Points (3/28/17)

12346»

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    EstherC wrote:
    Those fellas grinding up to a 1000 times must be those hired help by the mega whales who have nothing to do but grind for their paymasters
    I don't Think anyone said anything about hiring people just to grind MPQ for them. It's probably just one of many different tasks for the assistants.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    EstherC wrote:
    Those fellas grinding up to a 1000 times must be those hired help by the mega whales who have nothing to do but grind for their paymasters

I did my own grinding. Didn't even give it to my kids.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Pongie wrote:
    grunth13 wrote:
    I am going to put this out there. I DID THIS!!! Do you know why I did this? Well, lets look at my roster...it's in my signature. I have some of the best characters that take down enemies in pve in the fastest time. I optimally cleared every sub at the beginning and finished the first 4 clears almost 5-10 minutes behind, depending on cascades, compared to the guy who was first after 4 clears every sub. His team consisted of all 4's, his highest 4 was in the 298-300 range. Because his scaling is much lower than mine, even with Dr. Strange and Black Bolt putting a ton of passive damage on the enemy team, I still couldn't finish before my bracket mate who is still in the 4 star realm. Is that fair? I happened to have time this weekend to play like this while watching tv and at work. So I hit that node hundreds of times because it usually was 1 to 3 matches which took maybe 30 seconds (I did not use a bot). I did this for all the subs. First sub for 3 hours, 2nd sub for 7-8 hours off and on, and 3rd sub for about 4-5 hours off and on. With all this extra playing, I won by a grand total of 170 to 200 points. The problem is scaling which makes me have to play this way to even have a chance at beating a 4 star player. If the 4 star player did the same, I have no chance...ZERO!!! How is that fair? Now they have essentially made sure that any 5 star player will never get 1st unless they get a bracket where the 4 star players just don't care. That is not good game design. The 5 star players have been saying this for over a year that scaling in pve is an issue, and no one seems to care but us. We CANNOT win without hitting that node hundreds of times or if the 4 star players don't play it optimally...that is a FACT. Now let the hating commence...

No hating here but lets look at it from the other side of the coin... in pvp where 5* rosters easily work their way to 1200 points and beyond taking up all the top ranks. Where as the 4* rosters and below have little chance of catching (I'm not saying zero, cause I'm sure it can be done, just like how farming easy node for 1 point allows you to overtake). All for what? 1-2 4* cover and season ranks. Is it not the same argument there to remove place rewards and make the whole game progress only? No more losing points, play when you want, everyone gets their progress rewards.

Edit: I've always wondered what drives a 5* roster to wanting more than a cover of any newly release 4*? In pvp, your MMR force you to use 2x 5* with the required 3* anyway. As long as you get at least 1 cover of the 4*, you're not locked out in the next pve where is it an essential. Are you not blitzing through the main path with 3x 5*? What good is a slightly more covered 4*, when you have already transitioned into 5*?

So 2 questions here, the second one is easier to answer than the first, so I'll answer that first. The reason we need all those covers is because of the scaling. 2, 3, and especially 4 stars scale much higher than any 5 star. In my scaling, dark avengers scale to 430 to 440 with all-out 60 to 70k health...venom had close to 80k i think. So trying to chew through 60-80k x3 health when my characters have only 50 to 60k health x2 puts me at a severe disadvantage if I'm using only a 1 cover 4 star. None of us are going through these nodes like hot knife through butter. Most of us also only have 3 to 6 5 stars that we can use at this level... we can't use our 4s to help out until they hit at least 330 level. So health pack usage is high. Also, we aren't fighting for the 3 stars, we are fighting for the 4 stars. Most of us already have all or 3s already maxed over near max. I hope that answers the second question. Now for the first question... in pvp, I'm competing against 4 stars rosters, but i can't see the 4 star roster to beat them down because of my mmr. I think fightmaster had a post where a 4 star roster was unshielded at 1200 and he was at 1100 and could not see that person to attack. So, in pvp, we are competeing, but not competing at the same time. As for progression only pvp...devs would never go for it, because they would lose out on income from shielding because as you put it, no one would lose points. Also, most of your whales play because of pvp's competition; if you lose that, most will quit. Either that or the scaling will become boss rush like and no one will be able to win with skill, it will be just luck based.
  • elwhiteninja
    elwhiteninja Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Hey Everyone,

We’ve recently noticed some players have been repeatedly playing missions (upwards of 1,000 times!) in order to gain higher placements in Events. 
    I feel like this change has done nothing and if anything made it worse. I normally just go for CP in story as getting too 10 is too much work. Whereas I normally would get about 100-80 rank doing 5ish clears I'm now sitting about 150 lower than before with the first place people almost double my score. All this did was change the nodes they grinded
  • Take_A_Pill
    Take_A_Pill Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2018
    One Year Later
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *If you wish to discuss a topic that hasn't had an active reply within one month of the latest comment, please start a new thread, as information in this one may no longer be accurate or updated. Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.