Still waiting for answers on update 1.10.2

Options
2»

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @Ohboy
    You cant say 20k players cant squeeze into top 15 coalitions Im pretty sure big chunk of them have made deliberate choice of playing more casually and are not chasing bigger rewards actively.

I'd also say that the responsibility falls on the individual person to excel, and while I certainly disagree with disadvantaging the lower tiers and casual players, those who put in the extra time to research, practice, organize, and participate have earned rewards commensurate with said effort.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    I'd also say that the responsibility falls on the individual person to excel, and while I certainly disagree with disadvantaging the lower tiers and casual players, those who put in the extra time to research, practice, organize, and participate have earned rewards commensurate with said effort.

I completely agree with this. If someone truly wants to reach the top levels of rewards, they will find a way to do so. They should be rewarded appropriately for both the time they have put into the game, as well as the initiative it took for them to reach out to players in those top tiers. It's not like we're living in some white tower.

I should caveat that by saying at first, it seemed like the barrier to entry was pretty high. However, I could not have been more wrong. The community is extremely open and friendly, particularly at this upper level. I'm only bummed I didn't say something sooner.
  • Ampmp11
    Ampmp11 Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    It takes a lot of effort and work to be in a top 10 coalition. Sacrifices in your daily life to make things work. Such as for USA west coasters they need to be awake between 1 AM or 9 AM to finish their last set of node refreshes. Which people do to sacrifice for previous rewards. Without the incentive of rewards these people have given up as it's not worth it to be awake in the middle of the night for these **** rewards.

There's too much effort to be a top player in the game and in a top coalition for these rewards to be so ****.

Personally I'm waiting to see what the changes are before I move on. I want to see if my time and effort will be rewarded properly.

3 - 4 mythics a week maybe too much for top players. 2 mythics a week though should be passable or 2 pulls at that elite pack a week would be fine.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ampmp11 wrote:
    Personally I'm waiting to see what the changes are before I move on. I want to see if my time and effort will be rewarded properly.

I'm in the same boat. I'm going to wait until the second half of the Amonkhet block drops. If they haven't figured things out by then, then they'll lose me.
  • trashbear
    trashbear Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ampmp11 wrote:
    3 - 4 mythics a week maybe too much for top players. 2 mythics a week though should be passable or 2 pulls at that elite pack a week would be fine.

I'm curious what the devs think players should consider acceptable rewards. I agree that 2 mythics a week sounds about right for players in the top coalitions. I'd also like to see about 1 mythic a week for players that complete progression for all events in platinum. However, based on the changes to card packs and the rate of handing out unobtanium it looks the devs think players should be satisfied with 2-3 rares per week and a mythic every 1-2 months.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,242 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Matthew wrote:
    Ampmp11 wrote:

I'm in the same boat. I'm going to wait until the second half of the Amonkhet block drops. If they haven't figured things out by then, then they'll lose me.

Likewise. To be honest, if not for my excellent coalition, I'd probably have just quit already. That being said, I realize that we're dealing with a cruise ship rather than a speedboat, and changing direction takes time. I'm just hoping they do so, as the game really has a lot of potential that's being squandered.

Just the other day, I was re-reading the patch notes from last year's big BFZ rebalancing, where a lot of cards were adjusted:

https://d3go.com/big-magic-puzzle-quest-1-5-update/

At that time, I really felt a lot of optimism and hope that the creators would not only be communicating with us regularly, but also be closely monitoring power levels and making adjustments as necessary on an ongoing basis, and demonstrating a commitment to a fair and balanced game environment. I'm not sure what changed.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,943 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Matthew wrote:
    Ampmp11 wrote:

Likewise. To be honest, if not for my excellent coalition, I'd probably have just quit already. That being said, I realize that we're dealing with a cruise ship rather than a speedboat, and changing direction takes time. I'm just hoping they do so, as the game really has a lot of potential that's being squandered.

Just the other day, I was re-reading the patch notes from last year's big BFZ rebalancing, where a lot of cards were adjusted:

At that time, I really felt a lot of optimism and hope that the creators would not only be communicating with us regularly, but also be closely monitoring power levels and making adjustments as necessary on an ongoing basis, and demonstrating a commitment to a fair and balanced game environment. I'm not sure what changed.

There may have been a staff change between then and now.
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    toastie wrote:
    Thank you for the prompt response Brigby. It would be greatly appreciated if you could voice some of these concerns in the meeting and try to get us some answers. We definitely understand that information about future patches can change, we are not expecting nothing you tell us to change, we just want increased transparency in the development process, especially when it comes to polarizing updates like this.

The bug status and development feature status lists are excellent ideas, and will be much appreciated.
    Of course! I'll be sure to relay the community's current concerns to the developers, and see what their thoughts and/or plans to address them are.
    shteev wrote:
    It's great to hear that there are only 6 bugs left in the game!
    *ahem*

"I've created this list below to keep track of various issues that players have reported in the Bugs & Technical Issues thread ... PS. This list is currently incomplete, but I will gradually add all the current bug reports to it. (Takes a bit of time to search and add everything)"
    Could we actually get a response to the largely negative changes to packs? There's no longer any real bonus to the biggest pack, the bonus rare cannot be mythic, and daily bonus reward was reduced. It seemed like the devs keep saying they are listening--but they are only hearing, because the responses so far have been more akin to only hearing the complaints, and not listening. The responses have largely been "we're right, you're wrong, deal with it."
  • Laeuftbeidir
    Laeuftbeidir Posts: 1,841 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Any new information?
  • wink
    wink Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    madwren said:
    Matthew wrote:
    Ampmp11 wrote:

Me too. I've been treading water since the update: not opening packs, not leveling pws, just waiting for the 2.0 update to see if the devs have listened and figure out if it'll be worth continuing to play.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wink said:
    Me too. I've been treading water since the update: not opening packs, not leveling pws, just waiting for the 2.0 update to see if the devs have listened and figure out if it'll be worth continuing to play.
    There's no new gameplay content in 2.0 as far as I can tell, just UI updates.
  • wink
    wink Posts: 136 Tile Toppler
    Options
    shteev said:
    wink said:
    There's no new gameplay content in 2.0 as far as I can tell, just UI updates.
    I'm not looking for new gameplay content per se-- I'm really hoping for positive corrections to the bad decisions made in the 1.10.2 update. I'm not optimistic about it, but that's what I've been waiting to see. If there aren't positive adjustments, I'm not sure I'll continue playing, so I've stalled further investment in the meanwhile.