Countdown to disaster!

2»

Comments

• Redrobot30
    Redrobot30 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Looks like I've just been getting bad boards then. I ran through with Champed teen Jean and Champed 3Blade but my colors just weren't coming up to get quick enough wins before major damage was being taken.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    And now they do additional damage. Where they didn't.

I don't think it's that hard to connect the dots here.

Not worth quitting over, but a slight annoyance.
    Keep in mind, a number of Symbiote countdowns already did damage when they expire. The 1 damage bug makes them worse but the issue isn't solely Countdown Bug + Strike Tiles.
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    Muscles did at worst 40k dmg from a countdown going off that was suppose to do 1 dmg

This PVE I have luke cage so he blocks like 8000+ dmg usually so I don't notice
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Champed C4ge is causing a buncha fiddle faddle for 30K. The "harder" nodes are a joke when I bring that guy. Or Medusa. BUT, if you take too long to drop the symbiotes, then they increase the strength of their special tiles to the point that your match damage does nothing, and every resolved countdown tile is a potential death sentence. C4ge still does an awesome job reducing (and at 5 black covers flat out removing) special tiles, while his own protect tiles make your team impenetrable, but then the match takes forever at that point. I missed my 7th clear on the Flaptain node this morning because it took to long to drop a symbiote with 400 health, but protect tiles buffed to the thousands.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Right, understood. I meant that almost all of the symbiote countdown tiles do damage when they expire either way.

Unless I'm missing something, and I'll be happy to be corrected, the countdown bug is that each countdown does 1 damage when it expires if it wasn't going to do any damage. So yes, this is a big deal when a non-damage dealing countdown expires and you get hit with 1 damage plus any strike tiles that may be on the board. I'm saying since all of the symbiote countdowns deal damage upon expiration the countdown bug is trivial unless I'm mistaken and it does the damage it would have upon expiration and then also does an additional 1 damage that's subject to strike tiles (basically, double dipping).I don't think that's the case but if I'm wrong, it's good to know going forward.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    and this event is completely unplayable. COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE.

I played it, so this is demonstratively untrue...
  • Lopan15
    Lopan15 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Agreed broll. I used flaptain, 4cage, and blade for the first sub and 4 clears on second sub. I needed a total of 3 health packs. It's playable if have the right team. I used jean, thing, and mordo on a couple nodes and they worked fine as well.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Cage, Strange, and FalCap. Not the fastest team, but no health packs were needed.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using 4* Cage, 3* Iron Fist and 3* Strange.

Been tearing stuff up so far.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Right, understood. I meant that almost all of the symbiote countdown tiles do damage when they expire either way.

Unless I'm missing something, and I'll be happy to be corrected, the countdown bug is that each countdown does 1 damage when it expires if it wasn't going to do any damage. So yes, this is a big deal when a non-damage dealing countdown expires and you get hit with 1 damage plus any strike tiles that may be on the board. I'm saying since all of the symbiote countdowns deal damage upon expiration the countdown bug is trivial unless I'm mistaken and it does the damage it would have upon expiration and then also does an additional 1 damage that's subject to strike tiles (basically, double dipping).I don't think that's the case but if I'm wrong, it's good to know going forward.

Maybe not everyone has experienced this... but I have been hit by the double whammy. I don't remember the exact details... meaning I don't know if the CD expiring did damage and then the extra damage done by the CD... or if the damage dealt was just higher than normal but dealt all at once. But I def wiped out in TaT against the maggia muscles once, and it was a grey "trivial" node too. The blue tommy gun expired and my entire team was sawed in half basically, and the character in front went from full health to almost dead. Regardless of the order in which it happened, the person in front got hit for much more damage than the people in the back, which means the CD did extra damage just for expiring.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im40/Switch/TeenJean

Once I have enough green and purple (usually by the time IM40's Recharge resolves) Teen Jean demolishes these guys. If one is still lingering around after her two AoE attacks, the countdowns are gone and IM40 cleans it up with his red or blue.

I've been skating through this event and have yet to use a health pack.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Try Falcap, C4ge and Blad3

slow but highly effective and pretty easy on health packs

yeah I champion X-23 and then advocate a team she's not in...do figure
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    My dreamteam for this event has been strang3, f4lcon and blad3. And falcon is not even fully covered. Have only changed the team for nongoon nodes and the torch essential. 2 goons or more, no problem
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    Fight fire with fire.

Star lord/Hawkguy/Carol

Wreck shop.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    At a lower point in the Game, I've been enjoying Blad3, Daken, and Khan. Blade and Daken put out tons of Strikes, Khan generates green both to add Strikes via Daken and to power her AoE, and a lot of the Nodes have green as the strongest colour, so NightStalker is often adding green as well.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Guilty as charged! I was abusing the CD bug by with 3Blade's black and a lot of strike tiles out, while Flaptain boosts those strike tiles every now ad the.

Carnage nodes are still pain in you know where, anyway.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    I've been using Flaptain, 4Cage and 3* IF (all champed) - it's been cake all the way through.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Redrobot30 wrote:
    So I just started playing the Venom Bomb event, fully aware of the countdown tile problem, and this event is completely unplayable. COMPLETELY UNPLAYABLE. I'm about halfway through the first round of nodes right now and I am getting destroyed by these Symbiote goons. I'm getting hit for 4k+ damage for each of their countdown tiles that are going off.

So you've allowed 3999 points of strike tiles to accumulate on the board. Maybe you should try addressing that to make the game playable again?
  • delita007
    delita007 Posts: 32 Just Dropped In
    I've never really taken the time to test it but does the CD expiring count as a second source of damage? My scaling is so high that if CDs expire I'm getting pounded anyway so I can't tell if the 1 damage counts as a second source thus making the strikes proc twice. If not it's really nbd on cds that already deal damage, essentially youre taking 1 more damage than you would. It's still incredibly annoying on things like lieutenant heals and CD powers that normally don't do damage, and it should be fixed, but probably not annoying enough to quit over. I exploit it way more than it screws me.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    delita007 wrote:
    I've never really taken the time to test it but does the CD expiring count as a second source of damage?

Yes.

In current venom bomb run I've had protect tiles out and a spy's purple (silent strike?) does 2 damage to the lead character and 1 to the two others.