Which goons are worse?

Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Once and for all, we must decide which PvE goons are the worst to fight against; the ones you dread above all others. The ones that make you cringe with fear and make you run to your mommy like a whimpering child. icon_cry.gif

We will decide like a proper democracy... by popular vote! icon_exclaim.gif

(Or, we'll just have fun debating the ones we love to hate.)
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    SWARM! *waits five minutes for board to settle* SWARM! *waits three minutes for board to settle (got lucky that time)* SWARM! *waits five minutes for board to settle. Okay, Okay guys I'll leave your special tiles alone, geez! Give it a rest! *Core Meltdown/Feed the System* Ahhhhh the bad guys are at full health and there's 7 critical tiles exploding on the board ahhhhhh
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Puce Moose wrote:
    SWARM! *waits five minutes for board to settle*
    I know, right? Sometimes the worst part about goons is waiting three hours for their turns to resolve. Ninjas are like that - they're the worst time-sink in the entire game. Right up there with Daken vs. Daken following a green match.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    For me it's a toss up between Symbiotes and Sentries. Muscles are the only big threat from the Maggia and outside of "turn to smoke" and caltrops The Hand aren't too bad.

I really hate the way symbiotes stack. That **** will get out of control fast, but they've given us some nice characters to deal with them. Now Sentries are some straight up ****. I still hate that they move tiles. You add in a free board shake (something demi values too high for our characters), easy crits, and healing? And then they put them in wave nodes so that they can gather up AP for the AI in the next round. Not to mention their scaling! Insanity I tell you.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sentries are the cheapest, cheesiest, most OP enemies in the game. Terrible design.
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Sentries and it's not remotely close. I'm glad to see my fellow voters agree.
  • Sentries as in addition to the above, their powers are passive so not even Strange can Falty Flames them
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Unpopular opinion: Maggia.

Muscles are the bane of my existence.

*insert bodybuilding wisecrack here*

Sentries are definitely second though.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm with you, Anon. Muscle goons single-handedly take the Maggia to the top spot for me. Ultron Sentries and Symbiotes have a broader spread of nasty goons, but there's almost no one in the Game who gets prioritized over Maggia Muscle on my target list, including even most Characters.
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Ultron sentries. Put 3 of them, and you wait 1 minutes between two of your tile match. The board was completely wiped by sentry feeding and cascading. Special tiles spawned everywhere. And you took already 2 or 3 times the damage of a standard 3match while they haven't played yet.

And the scaling of theses bots was awful. Thanks god, it was improved.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Maggia muscle, without question, and anyone who disagrees must be playing a different game entirely. No other goon can single-handedly wreck your entire team with such efficiency. I'll fight any combination of the others in endless waves sooner than deal with more of those 3-Muscle nodes. Ugh.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I also voted sentries. Reasoning?
    Everyone else is easily dealt with by Dr Strange. Either 3* or 5*. Buffed or unbuffed! Doesn't matter. Drop a cd or a trap? Flame em! Cd about to go off? Stun em!

Sentries? No such luck.
    Passive skills.
    Board shake.
    Special tiles.
    Heal.
    Crit tiles.
    Matching ability.

Yeah... SENTRIES!!!! icon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I used to hate Muscles. Then I got Strange. I used to hate Kishus. Then I got Strange. I used to hate Sentries. Strange does nothing against Sentries. I still hate Sentries.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a trick question, it is very easy to see why if you look at your answers.

Worst Goon Group: Ultron Sentries
    Worst Goon Enemy: Maggia Muscle

Honorable mention as most annoying: Venom symbiotes

Maggia muscle is without a doubt the worst goon enemy in the game BY A FAIR MARGIN, so much, he is obviously OP compared to other goons. AoE+crazy strong strike tiles can easily kill single handly your whole team. His yellow is totally underpriced, it is stupidly cheap for the strength the tiles have. And to make things worse, it is probably the goon that goes hand with hand with other regular chars the most, so if he manages to create some strikes, the other char basically kills you with just match damage. In 5 land this guys puts two 3k strike tiles, he was almost invincible before Strange, the king almighty of PvE, was released.

Ultron sentries are the worst because they have three very annoying characteristics in a goon, big board shakes and the ability to match tiles and 'inmunity' to some very strong passive abilitties (it is not that they are inmune, is that their abilities are passives). Those three abilities make them the most dangerous group. Then obviously the ability that outputs two critical tiles, in 5 land with crazy match damage, is really deadly (these guys need to be killed first obviously). Oh yeah, and as someone said, they are almost inmune to Strange, Starlord, etc.

Then Venom Symbiotes are just very annoying, after their nerf they are not as bas as they used to be, but it is still annoying to see them outputting tiles like crazy if you give them enough time.

But seriously, Maggia muscle should be nerfed again icon_razz.gif
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Group? I voted symbiotes, if only due to the fact that they are who I'm currently dealing with. It's really a toss up between them and sentries, depending on scaling. Sentry combos are a tinykitty no matter what, but with certain combos, symbiotes can be so annoying scaled up that it's not even fair.

Individual goon? Muscle, period.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Puce Moose wrote:
    SWARM! *waits five minutes for board to settle*
    Definitely Sentries, specially the Fighter one... oh how I hate him! They should update his description power with "Sentry Fighters burst through walls and crush everything in their path. If at the start of the turn there are fewer than 5 friendly Attack, Strike or Protect tiles, the Sentry Fighter destroys the bottom 5 tiles of a column, making multiples matches 3/4 and even 5s!" icon_cry.gif
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ultron Sentries hands down. They just remove everything of any use to you! I've lost count the amount of times I've lost all of IM40's countdown tiles before they've had a chance to go off. Strange can deal with everything else, theres nothing to deal with SWARM.
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sentries.

Especially the 'destroy bottom tiles in a column' one; I keep being baffled by the sheer amount of cascades and AP generation this passive power creates. I used to go after the 'core meltdown' sentries first because they generate criticals that can hurt, but I've since learned to prioritize column destruction ones. At least the core meltdown sentries sometimes leave criticals in your favor.

But the symbiotes are a very close second because of all the reasons other people already mentioned here. Anyone remember the pre-nerf symbiotes? They were even *worse* back then... icon_e_confused.gif . And even with the current state of symbiotes they can *still* get out of control if you can't manage the tiles.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I am waiting for the Goon team up of Kishu, Muscle, and either healing Ultron Sentry or the one that creates the 2 critical tiles. All properly scaled above me, of course! icon_lol.gif
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Against goons I like to use Phoenix, Scarlet Witch, and a third. The board shake provided by Witch and Phoenix is enough to cruise through goon nodes and rarely get hit. The stupid dog symbiote however poops all over my Phoenix and Swarm poops all over my Scarlet Witch. I hate those two the most.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Swarm + the bad boards that lead to multiple core meltdowns. Sentries are easily the worst. Feed the system can also be annoying.

Maggia Muscle are a strong second. Threaten + tommy gun combo can wreck you. But, once you get past the muscle, the rest of the maggia aren't that bad.

Symbiots are third. None of them are straight up lethal. But, they're all just a steady flood annoyances that slowly but surely wear you down.

Hand Kishu comes in somewhere after that. Caltrops will burn some health packs, but they're not really lethal either. And like the maggia, the rest aren't too much of a threat. Without smoke bombs, they're all pretty squishy. Focus fire on Kishu first, and you're good.