Masterpiece Collection Duplicates

Options
13»

Comments

• Scotcamp
    Scotcamp Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    @Brigby 

I got my second replacement elite pack and guess what???  
    I got ANOTHER AETHERWIND BASKER!!!!

• Ciotog
    Ciotog Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    Just bought my first elite pack and got a (not surprised) dupe mythic.  We'll see how long it takes for the ticket to get processed.
  • Scotcamp
    Options
    Ciotog said:
    Just bought my first elite pack and got a (not surprised) dupe mythic.  We'll see how long it takes for the ticket to get processed.
    It only took a couple days for all of mine. I will give them credit...they are doing better in that department. 
  • Ciotog
    Ciotog Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Options
    I don't know @Scotcamp ,I'm still waiting for them to give me a re-roll on the elite pack.  It was Easter weekend I guess...
  • srfin
    srfin Posts: 22 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I also got a (dup) Basker in my first pack and then again in my replacement.
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    I am kinda surprised that people are not Jordin purples at this point.  Better to wait for the next set.
  • Avacyn
    Avacyn Posts: 89 Match Maker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Scotcamp said:
    Ciotog said:
    It only took a couple days for all of mine. I will give them credit...they are doing better in that department. 
    You were able to keep rerolling by sending in tickets until you gotten a card you don't have in your collection?
    if so, that's a pretty good deal.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Avacyn said:
    Scotcamp said:
    Ciotog said:
    You were able to keep rerolling by sending in tickets until you gotten a card you don't have in your collection?
    if so, that's a pretty good deal.

I was able to reroll twice because I kept getting the same card, but I don't think you can keep doing it forever. 
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Just to confirm the above. I got my dupe refund today and this is in the email. 

If you experience another duplicate from an Elite Pack redemption, please do not hesitate to contact us for review. Please note that the Masterpiece Collection rotates every 2 weeks (timer listed in game) which allows you to redeem other cards.
  • Avacyn
    Avacyn Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options

@Infested  @Ohboy

Good to know. That makes me less hesitant to try my luck!

• srfin
    Options
    I've gotten a very mixed message about how they will handle repeated dups. On my first request the made it very clear that this was a "one time service" and forced by to acknowledge that I understood this before they gave me a retry. But then I also got the followup that said "If you experience another duplicate from an Elite Pack redemption, please do not hesitate to contact us for review" which was the exact opposite of what they had just emphasized.

So far I've paid for 1 pack and got:

1. Basker (dup)
    2. Replacement: Lightning Runner (Dup, pack was wrong, from a previous rotation).
    3. Replacement: Basker (Dup)

I've requested another replacement and haven't heard anything for 2 days.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The problem with a dupe Mythic or Masterpiece is that they can only be crushed into 1,000 runes or 5,000 runes respectively.  If you could crush Mythics into, say, 100 purple things and Masterpieces into, say, 200 purple things, then even if you got a dupe out of an elite pack, you'd be well on your way to the next elite pack.
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    srfin said:
    I've gotten a very mixed message about how they will handle repeated dups. On my first request the made it very clear that this was a "one time service" and forced by to acknowledge that I understood this before they gave me a retry. But then I also got the followup that said "If you experience another duplicate from an Elite Pack redemption, please do not hesitate to contact us for review" which was the exact opposite of what they had just emphasized.

So far I've paid for 1 pack and got:

1. Basker (dup)
    2. Replacement: Lightning Runner (Dup, pack was wrong, from a previous rotation).
    3. Replacement: Basker (Dup)

I've requested another replacement and haven't heard anything for 2 days.
    It should be beyond obvious that this is a terrible player experience, and something is seriously wrong with how they are doing elite packs. Honestly, I think you should keep bothering them until you get resolution on this.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,230 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EDHdad said:
    The problem with a dupe Mythic or Masterpiece is that they can only be crushed into 1,000 runes or 5,000 runes respectively.  If you could crush Mythics into, say, 100 purple things and Masterpieces into, say, 200 purple things, then even if you got a dupe out of an elite pack, you'd be well on your way to the next elite pack.

A fine idea, sir.
  • srfin
    Options
    An update on my saga, in case anyone is interested: I just got a 4th replacement and once again it was a dup Mythic: Sram. At least it wasn't Basker again... Asked for another shot. If all cards in Elite packs are equally likely the chances of 4 draws without a Masterpiece are (5/8)^3 = ~15%. Lets see how long it goes :smile:
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They won't give you infinite shots. 

That would lead to you gaming the system for guaranteed masterpieces. I clarified this with brigby when this offer was announced to be sure they were aware of this potential abuse. 

Also, masterpieces are not the same rarity as mythics. 
  • Scotcamp
    Options
    @Ohboy
    As I have stated earlier, I would be happy to get ANY ONE of the other 7 cards in the pack and be quite satisfied.
  • EDHdad
    EDHdad Posts: 609 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Your problems have now ended.  The current batch of Masterpieces are so underwhelming, that you'll gladly take a duplicate Mythic in their place.
  • csonic
    csonic Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby said:
    Hey Everyone. Just wanted to stop by to mention a couple of things:

1) The team is currently developing a system that addresses duplicates, in order to give them more value than just converting into runes. You can expect this to be implemented within the next couple of months. (Sorry I don't have more info. Still too early in development for me to receive any announceable information)

2) If you do happen to receive a duplicate Masterpiece, then please leave it in your inventory, and send in a support ticket. Customer Support will be able to credit you a one-time exception Elite Pack. If you find that you receive a duplicate even in the compensation Elite Pack, then please reach out to Customer Support again, and they will credit you Elite Packs until you no longer receive a duplicate.

Update: The policy has been changed to limit the amount of re-rolls available, prior to ticket escalation. This update was made to prevent players from exploiting the policy.
    Does this still hold true?
  • Blckadder
    Blckadder Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Options
    csonic said:
    Brigby said:
    Hey Everyone. Just wanted to stop by to mention a couple of things:

1) The team is currently developing a system that addresses duplicates, in order to give them more value than just converting into runes. You can expect this to be implemented within the next couple of months. (Sorry I don't have more info. Still too early in development for me to receive any announceable information)

2) If you do happen to receive a duplicate Masterpiece, then please leave it in your inventory, and send in a support ticket. Customer Support will be able to credit you a one-time exception Elite Pack. If you find that you receive a duplicate even in the compensation Elite Pack, then please reach out to Customer Support again, and they will credit you Elite Packs until you no longer receive a duplicate.

Update: The policy has been changed to limit the amount of re-rolls available, prior to ticket escalation. This update was made to prevent players from exploiting the policy.
    Does this still hold true?
    I hope this still works.  Finally got enough gems and it's a not very good dupe.