Masterpiece Collection Duplicates

Options

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

2) If you do happen to receive a duplicate Masterpiece, then please leave it in your inventory, and send in a support ticket. Customer Support will be able to credit you a one-time exception Elite Pack. If you find that you receive a duplicate even in the compensation Elite Pack, then please reach out to Customer Support again, and they will credit you Elite Packs until you no longer receive a duplicate.

If you meant duplicate masterpieces only in the places I bolded, please amend it to make it clearer.
  • E1Q1G6
    E1Q1G6 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone. Just wanted to stop by to mention a couple of things:

1) The team is currently developing a system that addresses duplicates, in order to give them more value than just converting into runes. You can expect this to be implemented within the next couple of months. (Sorry I don't have more info. Still too early in development for me to receive any announceable information)

2) If you do happen to receive a duplicate Masterpiece, then please leave it in your inventory, and send in a support ticket. Customer Support will be able to credit you a one-time exception Elite Pack. If you find that you receive a duplicate even in the compensation Elite Pack, then please reach out to Customer Support again, and they will credit you Elite Packs until you no longer receive a duplicate.

So hope and pray for a masterpiece so you can dupe it until you get a dupe mythic and get nothing. No thanks.

A couple of months? That kind of response to customer dissatisfaction would be disastourous and unacceptable in any other IT/interweb/post Apple IIe world. Al Gore invented the Internet in a shorter time than that.

In all seriousness, I honestly thank D3H for making me realize how much more fun this game is when I don't spend any money. Casual gameplay is so much more rewarding than grinding QB against cheaters to get dupe rares, competing for top 5 in events by getting up at 3am, and ignoring my job to get in attacks in the last 1% of PvE. I play coalition events, no longer even look at specials, and MAYBE get very lucky with a rare a week, but who cares? Stress is down, and is kinda fun again. Without any sarcastic intent, thanks D3H!
    Ohboy wrote:
    Brigby wrote:

If you meant duplicate masterpieces only in the places I bolded, please amend it to make it clearer.

And **cough cough** for once I agree with Ohboy......I feel so dirty.
  • E1Q1G6
    E1Q1G6 Posts: 50 Match Maker
    Options
    And i do appreciare your communucation Brigby, but you seem to have been pushed to the end of the perverbial "D3H plank with the sharks circling below". You my friend, are in an unenviable position. At the very least, a simple olive branch would be to revert back to fat packs and big boxes, to give us the feeling of some value of time, a meaningful sign that our frustration is being heard, and that we don't have to be content with waiting for possible fixes "in development." That to me is simple and very unlikely to significantly imbalance the game in any way, but it is very obvious that this is unlikely to occur.
  • BLKDarkness7
    BLKDarkness7 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

1) The team is currently developing a system that addresses duplicates, in order to give them more value than just converting into runes. You can expect this to be implemented within the next couple of months. (Sorry I don't have more info. Still too early in development for me to receive any announceable information)

Personally, I think it's a sham(e) that a situation such as one I described could happen. However, I appreciate you taking the time to comment at all.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Personally, I think it's a sham(e) that a situation such as one I described could happen. However, I appreciate you taking the time to comment at all.
    So after discussing this policy further with my team, we've decided to change it a bit.

Now if you receive either a duplicate Mythic or a Masterpiece specifically from the Elite Packs, please send in a support ticket, and Customer Support will be able to provide you a one-time exception of another Elite Pack.
  • BLKDarkness7
    BLKDarkness7 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    So after discussing this policy further with my team, we've decided to change it a bit.

Now if you receive either a duplicate Mythic or a Masterpiece specifically from the Elite Packs, please send in a support ticket, and Customer Support will be able to provide you a one-time exception of another Elite Pack.

Although my bias in this particular instance is clear, it's encouraging to see that you and the rest of the D3 team ARE listening to the community's feedback and are capable and flexible enough to change course when necessary.

You should highlight this change of policy in a new post so it isn't burried here.
  • Justyce
    Justyce Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Just to clarify does this mean a dupe from cards I already own when buying an elite pack or does it mean a dupe from the elite pack when I made my second purchase.

For example I have Olivia and a rotation comes up with Olivia in it, I buy an elite pack and I get Olivia. do I contact support for my free elite pack.

Or does it mean I bought an elite pack and got olivia, a card I don't already have and I buy a second elite pack from the same rotation and I get Olivia again do I contact support.

Or is it both instances.
  • jetnoctis
    jetnoctis Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hi @Brigby. Here you said:
    Brigby wrote:

And then you said:
    Brigby wrote:

This is a bit unclear. My understanding is that, under the new ruling, if I buy an Elite Pack and get a dupe mythic, I can get credited a new Elite Pack. Combined with what you said in the first quote, if the credited pack also has a dupe mythic, I should then be able to get a new Elite Pack and so until I get a non-dupe mythic or masterpiece. Although I think that having mythics mixed in with masterpieces is unfair (it should be only masterpieces in the elite pack), my interpretation of the combined ruling above is more fair than a one shot chance at a likely second dupe mythic. 400 jewels are incredibly hard to get. Combined with nerfing the hell out of every possible reward and pack, the Elite Pack should ensure a non-dupe.
  • Scotcamp
    Scotcamp Posts: 70 Match Maker
    Options
    Just had the same thing happen to me.  Only 1 of the 8 mythics in the current pack.  Finally get my 400 together and what do I get??? 
    The same tinykitty tinykitty tinykitty one.

This game needs to be fixed.
  • FreshD
    FreshD Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Justyce said:
    Just to clarify does this mean a dupe from cards I already own when buying an elite pack or does it mean a dupe from the elite pack when I made my second purchase.

For example I have Olivia and a rotation comes up with Olivia in it, I buy an elite pack and I get Olivia. do I contact support for my free elite pack.

Or does it mean I bought an elite pack and got olivia, a card I don't already have and I buy a second elite pack from the same rotation and I get Olivia again do I contact support.

Or is it both instances.

I already had a Dynavolt Tower from the monthly Fat Pack Super Pack and then also pulled it out of the Elite Pack Nr. 2 and converted it into mana, because I didn't know about this (which I told them). Yesterday I got a second pull at Elite Pack Nr. 2 (new Cataclysmic Gearhulk, yeah).

So in my experience it just matters, that you already owned the card when you pull it from the pack (no matter where it came from). And you get a pull on the same pack again (even after the next rotation).

• Houdin
    Houdin Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    @Brigby
    Can you please confirm which of these statements is true.

1. I open an elite pack and receive a card I already own. Support gives me a free pull. I open the pack and get another card I already own. Support gives me a free pull. Etc. Ad infinitum. Until I pull a card that is new to me whether it be a mythic or masterpiece.

2. I open an elite pack and receive a card I already own. Support gives me a free pull. I open the free pack and get a card I already own. I'm tinykitty out if luck and get nothing but another dupe.

Option one. D3 has finally listened to its player base and realizes that giving actual value to our money is the correct business model to work towards ending the not.another.dime movement. I will probably buy the elite bundle.

Option two. Not!!!.Another!!!.Dime!!!

Houdin
  • AmoXJS
    AmoXJS Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ok...I got the refund Elite Pack AND Ta---dahhhhhhh.....A Masterpiece
    and yesterday I amassed enough Crystals for a second Elite pack...and again another Masterpiece....

Just wanted to drop in an tell that I was lucky in that aspect
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    How do you get a replacement pack? I got dups from both the 1st and 2nd packs. I've got no screenshots or other evidence, only my posts in these forums.
  • Scotcamp
    Options
    Submit a Support Ticket....good luck,  Be prepared to answer the same questions more than once because they don't seem to read them first. 
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Support has access to every card you ever opened as long as you can provide a date to cross reference it. 

On their template response to duplicate elite pack cards, there's even a question of whether you've already cashed it for runes. 

Just submit a report(or two) 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Forgive my ignorance... what exactly does the phrase "Tiny kitty " mean? 
  • Gunmix25
    Gunmix25 Posts: 1,435 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Oh ... well now, I should've known better.  Haha. Thanks for clearing that up. Now every time I read tiny kitty my brain is going to have a hey day with word replace options. 
  • Scotcamp
    Options
    I dont bleeping believe it.....I got a dupe mythic...aetherwind basker in my unobtainium pack...so I got a refund....only to get the same $#RE@#$%$#%$#%  Aetherwind basker again!!!!
  • Scotcamp
    Options
    @Brigby

Brigby wrote:

2) If you do happen to receive a duplicate Masterpiece, then please leave it in your inventory, and send in a support ticket. Customer Support will be able to credit you a one-time exception Elite Pack. If you find that you receive a duplicate even in the compensation Elite Pack, then please reach out to Customer Support again, and they will credit you Elite Packs until you no longer receive a duplicate.

Right because I just got the same duplicate mythic that I got the first time...and I'm SOL for fixing this now because I have to pay for the poor coding of this company's game.