Relieve the Iso Crunch

2»

Comments

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    But you were so busy convincing everyone that vaulting is good. What happened?

Now you claim there is a problem with new system and you want a fix? Welcome to the other side, do you want a complimentary "The system is fine, just deal with it."?
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd stop complaining. There "solution" to the 4* cover dilution was abysmal so I really wouldnt risk getting them to come up with a "solution" for the iso problem.
    We've removed 500 and 250 iso rewards from the node reward pool , but you can now favorite them for a 5% chance to get them on every node with a reward remaining!

Nodes now only give rewards 4 times
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    bbigler wrote:
    The solution is simple - don't open Legendary tokens if you already have 4*s to champ. Champ first, then open, champ again, then open. It's simple.

Except, stop opening until you get Iso only worked under the old system.

Now there's only a limited time of to get characters before they enter the vault graveyard. Stop opening and risk losing out. For example I've got, what? 2 weeks to champ Peggy?
    This will be the exception, not the rule. Once new characters are released they will be in tokens for something like 8 months. In the meantime you can just hoard your ISO until you have enough to champ a newer character.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would it benefit them to make the characters we get most often cost less to champ?

makes a lot more sense to make vaulted ones cheaper.

TO top it off, you don't need to champ them if you'll be getting covers thrown at you so much anyhow, accept some free iso.

If there were old 4's you'd get a few thousand from champ rewards though.

Too bad about that. icon_e_wink.gif
  • trewiltrewil
    trewiltrewil Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Can I make a suggestion here... wouldn't a better solution to be dramatically increase the amount of iso you get for selling a 4* cover.

It's a better solution for all involved. I imagine the sting for the 4* guys of letting a cover burn would be a lot less if you got, say 25k ISO, selling an extra cover to dump into someone who needed it... The people working there way though the 3* transition would be presented an interesting choice between using the ISO to level/champ 3* or starting to build out a 4* roster... It would accelerate how quickly they can get to the 4* level, which is where the devs are making their money right now. Maybe the amount of ISO you would get could be set by level to really make it meaningful for high level players.

Thats kind of how the 2*/3* jump used to work pre the early iso re-balances... the iso8.png seemed like enough make it a choice to roster a 3*.

Maybe it's me, because I am moving from 3* to 4* land but it seems to make sense to me.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    Can I make a suggestion here... wouldn't a better solution to be dramatically increase the amount of iso you get for selling a 4* cover.

It's a better solution for all involved. I imagine the sting for the 4* guys of letting a cover burn would be a lot less if you got, say 25k ISO, selling an extra cover to dump into someone who needed it... The people working there way though the 3* transition would be presented an interesting choice between using the ISO to level/champ 3* or starting to build out a 4* roster... It would accelerate how quickly they can get to the 4* level, which is where the devs are making their money right now. Maybe the amount of ISO you would get could be set by level to really make it meaningful for high level players.

Thats kind of how the 2*/3* jump used to work pre the early iso re-balances... the iso8.png seemed like enough make it a choice to roster a 3*.

Maybe it's me, because I am moving from 3* to 4* land but it seems to make sense to me.

The amount of ISO you get from selling a cover is directly related to the amount of ISO you have sunk into that character. So to get back MORE than 1K for selling a 4*, you'd have to have earned another cover and added levels. They would need to tweak this mechanic to implement the change you're suggesting, and honestly I'm more worried it might break something else with how these bugs have been going. Like the suggestion though, and I see where you're coming from. Having to sell 4* star covers feels like a dagger for me, so getting a nice chunk of ISO would make up that. Even 5-10K would make me happy. But yeah I'm in the 3-4* transition too and it's slow uphill battle to earn that 300-370K ISO every week and a half to two weeks.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:

Now you claim there is a problem with new system and you want a fix? Welcome to the other side, do you want a complimentary "The system is fine, just deal with it."?

Clearly you didn't read my posts about vaulting and you're also confusing issues.

My OP wasn't about vaulting it was about iso. Perhaps a complimentary "read the post properly before posting a mocking and unconstructive reply" is in order?
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    jgomes32 wrote:

I'm competing mainly for iso, not covers (for example Falcon's). I have to play for iso or will loose covers in queue, but if i play i can't use the covers from T10-5 placement anyway (sometimes). It's a paradox really. Take a day off and that's 35-40k worth of iso....

The ISO prize difference between top10 and top50 is between 250 and 500 ISO; cash in some extra covers and the difference is still only 500 to 1000 ISO.

So, your problem is not ISO, it's competing for top10 or top5 and being unable to accept cover waste. Scale back your goals and you'll be happier.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    bbigler wrote:
    The solution is simple - don't open Legendary tokens if you already have 4*s to champ. Champ first, then open, champ again, then open. It's simple.

Now there's only a limited time of to get characters before they enter the vault graveyard. Stop opening and risk losing out. For example I've got, what? 2 weeks to champ Peggy?

You've had about 9 months to work on covering Peggy and leveling her up. A month ago, my Peggy was at 9 covers at level 150. Since then, I've gotten 6 more covers and plan to champ her in a few days.

Guess what? Wasp is next after Peggy to go into the vault, but I'm not stressing about opening tokens to cover her. Once Peggy is champed and I level up some other 4*s, then I'll open some more Classics in about a week and level them up. Then I'll open some more 2 weeks after that, and then 2 weeks after that.

Level up->Open->Level Up->Open. It's not Open->Open->Open->Freak out about dying covers and ISO deficiencies.

It's simple, don't open Legendary tokens if you're already working on champing someone because of a dying cover. People tend to create their own problems.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    bbigler wrote:
    bbigler wrote:

You've had about 9 months to work on covering Peggy and leveling her up. A month ago, my Peggy was at 9 covers at level 150. Since then, I've gotten 6 more covers and plan to champ her in a few days.

Guess what? Wasp is next after Peggy to go into the vault, but I'm not stressing about opening tokens to cover her. Once Peggy is champed and I level up some other 4*s, then I'll open some more Classics in about a week and level them up. Then I'll open some more 2 weeks after that, and then 2 weeks after that.

Level up->Open->Level Up->Open. It's not Open->Open->Open->Freak out about dying covers and ISO deficiencies.

It's simple, don't open Legendary tokens if you're already working on champing someone because of a dying cover. People tend to create their own problems.

Agreed, an itchy pulling finger is no one else's fault but yours. I can however relate to trying to grab someone before they get vaulted, as a 1/12 chance is still a lot better than how things previously were when your target was a specific person. You just have to realize when it's not worth the risk of adding a new person to your vine to champ when you know your resources are already pretty limited.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir wrote:

Clearly you didn't read my posts about vaulting and you're also confusing issues.

My OP wasn't about vaulting it was about iso. Perhaps a complimentary "read the post properly before posting a mocking and unconstructive reply" is in order?

So your problem existed before vaulting?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:

So your problem existed before vaulting?

The iso problem? Yes you might say so. There were plenty of occasions whereby I would pull 2 characters both at cover max at the same time. That issue can happen with or without vault.

As for the issue of "my fault for pulling" that is 100% true. So what happens when I hold on? Just don't pull? You have 8months to champ and boost that character up to good levels before they move out of rotation, and while BH can be set to alleviate that my strategy is simple...
    Champ the current 12 very quickly that way I can add a massive amount of champ levels to those 12 before they are rotated out. This means pulling. It does mean getting lots of dupes and it does mean back to back champing. I can alleviate this by simply not pulling as people have said but then my progress on the current 12 will be slower.