MPQ at Marvel.com: The Immortal Weapon of K’un-Lun

Options
2»

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Okay, so the Netflix shows have Daredevil, Kingpin, Elektra, Punisher, two Luke Cage, and two Iron Fist.

I'm cool with that, don't mind solid doubles.

But we've got a severe lack of Jessica Jones going on. (and we need to get her into the game, so we can start talking about people like Misty Knight and Colleen Wing)

They have to add someone into the game for the Defenders release. Unless they just do a 4* Daredevil instead...

They might do a 4* Netflix Daredevil with Charlie Cox features, but this would disappoint me. I'd much prefer a 4* black suit / 'Shadowland' Daredevil variant, when he's possessed by The Hand. I wouldn't be surprised if this storyline works itself into the Defenders series (possibly as an end result of their confrontation with The Hand), and then becomes a major plot point in season 3 of Daredevil (possibly in conjunction with the return of Kingpin and the 'Born Again' storyline. They even introduced Nuke in Jessica Jones, so we know he's coming back.)
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    Pongie wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Isn't this like.....the fourth time a new character release has fallen into the schedule for Venom Bomb?

Good Grief.

Yup, venom, punisher, spider woman and now iron fist

There are a lot of events like heroics and all the 7-day events that are no longer used for new releases so it only makes sense with the frantic release schedule that all the others get used quite often for new releases, hasn't 2 of the last 3 dp vs mpq events been for new releases?

There is a plus to it being a more annoying event like this one, at least the range of scoring is likely to be wider than usual as more people will do less clears.

Somebody (maybe aesthetocyst?) has run the statistics, and IIRC The Hunt is the most-used new character release event, followed by DP v MPQ. I think Thick as Thieves was in 3rd place.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    Pongie wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Isn't this like.....the fourth time a new character release has fallen into the schedule for Venom Bomb?

Good Grief.

There are a lot of events like heroics and all the 7-day events that are no longer used for new releases so it only makes sense with the frantic release schedule that all the others get used quite often for new releases, hasn't 2 of the last 3 dp vs mpq events been for new releases?

There is a plus to it being a more annoying event like this one, at least the range of scoring is likely to be wider than usual as more people will do less clears.

Somebody (maybe aesthetocyst?) has run the statistics, and IIRC The Hunt is the most-used new character release event, followed by DP v MPQ. I think Thick as Thieves was in 3rd place.
    The Hunt was one of the first PvEs launched, so it's not that strange it is in first place.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,296 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    jffdougan wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    Pongie wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Good Grief.

Some fun stats! As Quebbster said, The Hunt is one of the first releases. So what if we look from the start of 2016? Venom Bomb started end of 2015, so should be a fair representation

In the last 15 months:

The Hunt and DP v MPQ have each had 4 new release events
    TaT and Venom Bomb each had 3 (including the Danny Rand release)
    Simulator, Unstable, Hearts of Darkness had 2
    Meet R&G, Strange Sights, ISO 8, and The Hulk each had 1

Also fun fact: Civil War, AvU, and Galactus Hungers all had a new release in that time frame as well.
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Hey Brigby, any word yet on when Kate Bishop will be swapped out for Danny Rand in Immortal Weapons championing rewards?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Hey Brigby, any word yet on when Kate Bishop will be swapped out for Danny Rand in Immortal Weapons championing rewards?
    Yes! One of the designers is going to take the time during the next release to re-evaluate 3-Star chaining for characters that have the same chain reward (including Iron Fist)
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Yes! One of the designers is going to take the time during the next release to re-evaluate 3-Star chaining for characters that have the same chain reward (including Iron Fist)
    I hope not only 3-stars. I would like it if some 2-star champions rewarded some of the newly released 3-stars. Specially Hawkeye, who should logically reward the new Hawkeye.
    Not that obvious, but maybe Moonstone could reward Thanos instead of Hulk, as most villains reward villains.
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

AWESOME thanks! Just to be clear. By "during the next release" you mean with the upcoming release? Or the one to follow in a few weeks time?

I've been saving up favorited iron fists and have a 4* reward next on the list icon_e_smile.gif
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Brigby wrote:

Is there any way we could get some advance notice on the details in case we prefer the current cover rewards and want to try to get them before the change?