MPQ at Marvel.com: The Immortal Weapon of K’un-Lun

Options
Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

Get ready to bring some seriously powerful martial arts abilities to bear with the new 4-Star Iron Fist.

https://news.marvel.com/games/61941/pie ... iron-fist/

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    The new IF looks awesome but him being released on Venom Bomb is not.. it's quite possibly the most hated event. I can't wait to try IF but I'm not looking forward to grinding T100 for 1 cover

Edit: Nvm.. JG is boosted. This makes the event tolerable.
  • turbomoose
    turbomoose Posts: 769 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Looks like I'm going to be breaking out Dr strange for the next event then , hate venom bomb !!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The new IF looks awesome but him being released on Venom Bomb is not.. it's quite possibly the most hated event. I can't wait to try IF but I'm not looking forward to grinding T100 for 1 cover

One of the side benefits of vaulting is that really you don't have to grind as hard since you quickly be drawing up new characters when they get added to packs. So even if you miss out on the top 100 cover and/or the alliance cover you will be able to get the covers pretty quickly later. Would still sting to miss out on the covers in the release event since you would be short handed in the next event but not as big of a deal as it used to be.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    revskip wrote:

One of the side benefits of vaulting is that really you don't have to grind as hard since you quickly be drawing up new characters when they get added to packs. So even if you miss out on the top 100 cover and/or the alliance cover you will be able to get the covers pretty quickly later. Would still sting to miss out on the covers in the release event since you would be short handed in the next event but not as big of a deal as it used to be.

Agreed. I could save up CP, make if the BH and cover him quickly once he enters tokens.. I just wish Venom Bomb was used so much for new releases.. it's the only way players play the event which is wrong.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Options
    Isn't this like.....the fourth time a new character release has fallen into the schedule for Venom Bomb?

Good Grief.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh gosh, whatever shall I do with 4cage putting out 600+ protect tiles like candy?

Even so I'm not afraid of a little challenge; it's events like this that reward people for having diverse rosters instead of those who just mindlessly grind...ok, there will still be some grinding involved.
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Oh gosh, whatever shall I do with 4cage putting out 600+ protect tiles like candy?

Even so I'm not afraid of a little challenge; it's events like this that reward people for having diverse rosters instead of those who just mindlessly grind...ok, there will still be some grinding involved.

And sadly, it's developments like Vaulting that 'punish' (for lack of a better word) those who spent the resources to have a diverse roster
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Isn't this like.....the fourth time a new character release has fallen into the schedule for Venom Bomb?

Good Grief.

Yup, venom, punisher, spider woman and now iron fist
  • Starshatter
    Starshatter Posts: 63 Match Maker
    Options
    Any idea if/when we will see 3* iron fists champion progress rewards change from Kate Bishop to Danny Rand? (And there-by have KB as the reward for Hawkguy)
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,602 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Okay, so the Netflix shows have Daredevil, Kingpin, Elektra, Punisher, two Luke Cage, and two Iron Fist.

I'm cool with that, don't mind solid doubles.

But we've got a severe lack of Jessica Jones going on. (and we need to get her into the game, so we can start talking about people like Misty Knight and Colleen Wing)
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Options
    JHawkInc wrote:
    Okay, so the Netflix shows have Daredevil, Kingpin, Elektra, Punisher, two Luke Cage, and two Iron Fist.

But we've got a severe lack of Jessica Jones going on. (and we need to get her into the game, so we can start talking about people like Misty Knight and Colleen Wing)

They have to add someone into the game for the Defenders release. Unless they just do a 4* Daredevil instead...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pongie wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

Good Grief.

Yup, venom, punisher, spider woman and now iron fist

There are a lot of events like heroics and all the 7-day events that are no longer used for new releases so it only makes sense with the frantic release schedule that all the others get used quite often for new releases, hasn't 2 of the last 3 dp vs mpq events been for new releases?

There is a plus to it being a more annoying event like this one, at least the range of scoring is likely to be wider than usual as more people will do less clears.
  • Kevin61
    Kevin61 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My Jean Grey is already champed and 4* Luke Cage will be champed tomorrow (after I get enough ISO at the end of TaT event) icon_cool.gif
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Just not excited for yet another 4 star.png of a champion we already have in the game. Oh well, another grind for top100 for another 4* I won't be able to use for months, during which time I'll add a dozen more 4*s I won't be using.

Maybe D3 should find some way to breath life into the game instead of just churning out rehashed champions over and over against every month. This is getting repetitive.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JHawkInc wrote:

They have to add someone into the game for the Defenders release. Unless they just do a 4* Daredevil instead...
    Shhh, don't give them any ideas... icon_e_confused.gif

We need Jessica Jones 4*, and a 5* Kilgrave!
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Crowl wrote:
    ...as more people will do less clears.

game-of-thrones-stannis-fewer.gif
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Options
    revskip wrote:

This. Thanks to the new system, I’ve got every character (with the exception of Coulson and Agent Venom) in the current vault either champed or at full covers. That’s just from two weeks since the change as I’ve been pulling Latest like mad to get a Strange yellow before he goes, but a good portion of them coming from just heroic tokens and bonuses. I don’t even feel the need to get top progression reward in Shield Sim since I’ve got Mordo at 13 covers and I’m not ready to champ him yet. I’ll go as optimal as I can on it so my alliance can hit Top 100, but if I miss a cover from personal placement, oh well, I’ll see you soon, Danny. This is not a complaint, just something I'm adjusting to.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JablesMc wrote:
    JHawkInc wrote:

Shhh, don't give them any ideas... icon_e_confused.gif

We need Jessica Jones 4*, and a 5* Kilgrave!

Yes please.

New_Thunderbolts_Vol_1_10.jpg
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    game-of-thrones-stannis-fewer.gif
    *shiver* I just had a chilling deja-vu moment. Confounded English grammar...
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Besides C4ge, the other recent symbiote boss is Hawkguy. Two blue and a purple AP for each enemy special tile matched away?
    Arrows will fly.