Venom Bomb again???

Comments

• MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    When fighting waves of goons, collecting 12ap every time you want to fire an AOE is also time consuming. You're probably going to go through some health packs as well. I won't.

Mr. Fantastic will be a green battery for The Human Torch who will toast enemies to death every turn. If I'm feeling particularly nasty I might throw out the thing.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2017
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    If your using Teen Jean you're doing it wrong-

Boosted/champed 4cage(5/5/3) will make almost every node in this event trivial. Not only does he put out 600+ protect tiles like candy, he also has the ability to erase special tiles.

Oh, and is that Mr. Fantastic I see boosted as well? Use his blue to create 2 fortified tiles, then fire off Cages yellow power for 20,000 damage!

With all of the special tiles that will be getting matched not only will you be generating health but also green AP like crazy...if only there was another member of the FF boosted for this event...

my 5/3/3 4Cage and champed Mr F agree with the above. Although noting that with Green and purple required to complete the rainbow (I'm one of those people who, where possible, HAS to have all colours covered) might still be leaning towards Jean or blade over Torch or Thing.

if not fussing about the rainbow though... boosted Doc Ock! Boosted Loki turning those pesky Defence Tiles to your own personal Strike tiles!
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    20k damage to a single target is overkill, Jean 8-9k aoe is much quicker

Depends on your scaling, don't forget we will have highly scaled venom and carnage nodes too later on, clearly the obvious answer is find a team with room for both jean and c4ge. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually like Venom Bomb.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Jean Grey, Medusa, Luke Cage

Mr F, Medusa, Luke Cage

Jean Grey, Medusa, Mr Fantastic

Jean Grey, Mr Fantastic, Luke Cage

any of those is basically good game icon_e_smile.gif
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    When fighting waves of goons, collecting 12ap every time you want to fire an AOE is also time consuming. You're probably going to go through some health packs as well. I won't.
    That's what Scarlet Witch is for.
    Add in 3* IM recharge to generate green and boosted Jean makes waves fall down quickly and without the need for health packs.
    Though I am looking forward to trying out some Luke Cage / Mr Fantastic combos this time round.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    A lot of people aren't going to have functional 4Cage, Medusa, Reed... they're either too new , or in Reed's case, only recently became un-terrible. This is certainly the case for me. So I lean on Teen Jean for symbiotes. The poster above is correct; Switch gives Jean fast purple and she'll make short work of symbiotes. Throw in IM40 to fuel Jean's green and she'll make even shorter work of them. Boosted and fueled this way, Jean is frightening.

There is an equal option for those who don't have Teen Jean. IM40, Patch, Doc Ock. The strategy is simple: IM40 yellow -> Patch Green -> Doc Ock blue -> goodbye symbiotes.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    I’ll likely be doing some variation on C4ge/Mr. F/Carnage for this, (Medusa just got covered but is only lvl 70) but for a long time Teen Jean/S Witch + boosted whoever was my go-to team for Venom bomb. Trickier now due to TU tiles blocking her 5 tile matches, but still one of the most reliable 3*->4* transition combos.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    Black Duke wrote:
    Tean Jean is buffed for the next week with the utmost probability (according to Daywalker`s Weekly Buffed Characters).
    So I guess that Venom Bomb shouldn´t that bad this time. icon_e_wink.gif

For those of you that have her at a usable level. The rest of us are high and dry.

My 1/2/0 Teen Jean hears you... haven't gotten a single cover for her since September 2016, but can't complain as I got 11 Agent Venoms instead! icon_cry.gif
  • I always seem to get destroyed in Venom Bomb. I saw some example teams posted but can I get some more team ideas to try? I don't have Teen Jean or Mr F. Thanks!
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I love day 1 of this event before venom and carnage appear.
    Started with 3blade, teen jean, and 3strange, but slipped back into in40, iceman, and 3strange for the harder nodes.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Ran Cyclops and Strange on all nodes. Khan on all but essentials. Only used three health packs and those were on the last node. One was because Khan caught a cascade with a handful of strike tiles out. Basically, what I am saying is Strange to the rescue yet again.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    Strange and C4ge did the trick for me.

If I didn't know better, I'd say they were tailoring the boosted lists to match the PvE.

Except Strange, who doesn't need to be boosted (although it's always fun when he is).
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    mexus wrote:
    Dormammu wrote:
    A lot of people aren't going to have functional 4Cage, Medusa, Reed... they're either too new , or in Reed's case, only recently became un-terrible. This is certainly the case for me. So I lean on Teen Jean for symbiotes. The poster above is correct; Switch gives Jean fast purple and she'll make short work of symbiotes. Throw in IM40 to fuel Jean's green and she'll make even shorter work of them. Boosted and fueled this way, Jean is frightening.

There is an equal option for those who don't have Teen Jean. IM40, Patch, Doc Ock. The strategy is simple: IM40 yellow -> Patch Green -> Doc Ock blue -> goodbye symbiotes.

This almost convinces me to make Doctor Octopus my next champing project.
    How much damage does this attack generally inflict?

Unboosted Ock does about 1-1.2K for each enemy special tile removed. Add that to Patch's strikes already being out, and one Manipulation can hit a single target for up to 10-12K. Also add to that the attack tiles that will be created should your Manipulation match away some of those enemy tiles, boosted again by Patch's strikes. This is a very nasty team for this event, and is still a go-to for me. You can probably try a Loki team team too, he just unfortunately can't do anything to attack tiles.

I have a Lv 120 5/3/5 Medusa though, so she will be getting a workout this event for the lolz against Carnage. I have C4ge champed, and Mr.F at 5/3/5 Lv 70, never thought to try those two together. You're pretty much gonna need someone that can deal with special tiles on every node this event.
  • Arix90
    Arix90 Posts: 244 Tile Toppler
    Personally going good with 4* jean lvl 180 (9 covers) wasp (champ lvl 271) and 3 cover 5* thanos (1/1/1) lvl300
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spidey says it all:
    Screenshot_2017-03-23-14-56-25_zpszepyfprn.png
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    my 4/4/3 level 166(without the boost) C4ge, 3/5/5 level 209 Spider Woman and 5/5/3 level 272 X-23 did most of the work in sub 1
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kind of wishing that the thing about the AI only using a given power once per Turn also applied to Alien Instincts. If only so every one of Carnage's turns didn't take 15 minutes icon_rolleyes.gif
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    matthatter wrote:
    At least the essentials are decent, Blad3, FalCap, and whoever the 2 star is (I didn't pay attention). Spam the spamming goons!

*edit*
    Torch. I decided to go look it up. Still, with the countdown tile glitch, just bring along someone who makes strike tiles, throw out a little flame jet, let the hits keep flying.

Adversely... those symbiotes are going to be brutal.

Doctor Strange sure helps. He gives a lot of tit for tat against Venom Goons. He has made them so much more tolerable that they moved up a slot on my most hated list above the Sentry Goons which are dead last of course. He even makes Carnage a little less odious with the help of the Eye of Agamotto.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Been running Tean Jean, Switch, Flaptain. It's all about the purplez.

Or for simple nodes Flaptain, Iron Fist and Strange. Because killing a goon everybturn is nice too.