Puzzle Quest 10 Year Anniversary!

2»

Comments

• Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    ISO doesn't need putting up, cost to champion 4 stars should be halved, ISO flow and cost for 3 and 5 stars should stay what it is. Especially with vaulting and the number of 4 stars ever increasing 200k should be the cost.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congrats Puzzle Quest! I've been playing for 3+ years and still am not bored with the game! I look forward to another few years with the game! (Hopefully Rogue and Gambit are included).
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    And it only took four posts to go from "Congrats, here's a sale!" to "**** you greedy bastards!"

Never change, forum-dwellers. Never change.
  • maguirenumber6
    maguirenumber6 Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    The least they could do is give us all a free legendary.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    The least they could do is give us all a free legendary.
    Then people would complain that it's "the one colour I have maxed!!!!111111"

You can't please this forum anyway.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I'm sure I'd just complain about the contents, but can we get an Anniversary vault? Why offer a sale if there's nothing worthwhile to spend it on? Even Halloween got a special vault. Jean's vault ends soon so my fingers are crossed for something good incoming.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Don't forget the game grossed 100m that's before taxes and costs. The license is a significant part of that cost.

I'm just happy The game is healthy and I wish the devs even more success. This so to date the only mobile game I've played for longer than 3 weeks.

Congrats puzzle quest team

What?
    Are we playing the same game?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    And it only took four posts to go from "Congrats, here's a sale!" to "tinykitty you greedy bastards!"

Never change, forum-dwellers. Never change.

Well it is probably not the best time for celebrations, when the game is plagued with bugs and after the Vaulting fiasco (and again, like with past fiascos, 0 comments on this). And seeing this $100M when the game is in the state it is, and has been for the past 6 months, doesn't help (it looks like they are being greedy, I am not saying they are, there are a lot of factors involved, but it looks like it).

It is also a weird celebration, I think the sale is ok, but they should have added something for free, there is not even an special token or event, I was expecting a double iso week or something like that, something completely free for them and very well regarded by players (you might argue that with a bit more iso, players would even spend more money in the sale to get tokens for more chars). Maybe is because this celebration has been an afterthought? Nobody noticed until the last moment?

I think it is great the game is successful, those are fantastic news, we will be able to play it for longer! But if they want it to be successful in the future they MUST fix the state of the game. Seriously, this is pathetic, every new patch adds two new different bugs! I have never ever seen something like that in any other game! And this is not a complex game, this is no GTA or Skyrim! So, again if Devs/publisher want to celebrate their 15 year anniversary they need to fix this ASAP!
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    So you're the people I yell at for not having Revenge of the Plaguelord auto bundled from the start.
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I played the hell out of Puzzle Quest on DS... except the stupid Warrior kept crashing the game with his crazy matches...

How come MPQ Dark Reign isn't on sale? I've been wanting to pick it up for PS4 for the trophies.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Although I am not completely satisfied with this game, I will say this in their defense because I work in software code everyday: the more complicated a system becomes, the easier it is to accidentally create bugs; this game is certainly 100 times more complex than it was 2 years ago.

In addition, every part of the system is tested everyday by millions of people, so it's not surprising that bugs are found. There are some bugs that I hear about but never witness myself. The testing done by the player base is a thousand times more thorough than what D3 is able to do. We don't know how large or small their test team is, but people on this forum need to accept that no matter how thorough a software company tests their code, bugs still happen. In essence, players act as beta testers, which I can accept because D3 cannot hire a thousand people to play test the game thoroughly before every release or change.

Now I bet someone is going to say that D3 should take 1 million out of their 33 million a year to hire one thousand game testers (which is only $1000 per person).
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I started playing MPQ I've been waiting for them to implement something like this:

151151-Puzzle_Quest_-_Challenge_of_the_Warlords_(USA)-1460907806.png

There are SO MANY possibilities. Different bases for different teams. Build them different ways to give different bonuses. Yadda yadda yadda.

They are doing nothing with the license other than spamming characters and creating a new event once in a blue moon. Such a damn shame.
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I love how bitter a lot of us are (myself included). I was thinking they could throw us a bone in celebration, but you're supposed to receive gifts ($$$) on your anniversary not give them out icon_lol.gif
  • an1979
    an1979 Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    It is EXTREMELY annoying that promised extension (present on Xbox, PS3, iPhone...) - "Revenge of the Plague Lord" - to PC version of Puzzle Quest was never oficially released.
    And game wasn't updated at all.

You need to search fan addon that isn't 100% perfect due to outdated .exe files that don't support some needed things.

"Revenge of the Plague Lord - The PC release!"
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/s ... ?t=2750283
  • DeNappa
    DeNappa Posts: 1,390 Chairperson of the Boards
    Congratulations!

I considered buying the discounted PQ game on Steam, but decided against it when I blinked at my large Steam backlog and realized MPQ is one of the (many) reasons that backlog shrinks so slowly. icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tony Foot wrote:
    IlDuderino wrote:

Look forward to receiving a celebratory standard token from the devs

Yeah but there's a 1000/1 chance that will be a 3* that gives you a BH!!!!

To be honest it's a 2.3% chance, but yeah, it's still not much (I've opened 145 standard tokens since my last 3* pull).
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Since I started playing MPQ I've been waiting for them to implement something like this:

151151-Puzzle_Quest_-_Challenge_of_the_Warlords_(USA)-1460907806.png

There are SO MANY possibilities. Different bases for different teams. Build them different ways to give different bonuses. Yadda yadda yadda.

They are doing nothing with the license other than spamming characters and creating a new event once in a blue moon. Such a damn shame.

Couldn't agree more, but what with Brexit, cost of crude going up and civil unrest in the middle East their probably isn't enough left in the budget for thing like design and development of new game modes.