CD tiles resolving for 1 damage [Fix in R125]

2»

Comments

• Screen Monkey
    Screen Monkey Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    Brutal damage, especially in wave nodes, and they keep giving events with muscle opponents when. Known issue
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Almost wiped with this bug. Threaten tiles that are doing upwards of 4K damage due to go on AP gen and spammability with two Goons is not okay. Fix this soon please, some of these nodes are unplayable.
  • SocAccPsyc
    SocAccPsyc Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    Yep, made the fight with 2 muscle and bullseye ridiculously short if I got a bad board where I couldn't stop the threaten tiles.  This feels super cheap and made me want to stop playing.  PLEASE FIX!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Use it to Your advantage...Falcon/Wasp/Spider Woman FTW
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    [I have converted this to an announcement to decrease the number of new threads on it.]
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker

@Dayv Thank you for the attention to "Announcement-izing" this thread.

@Brigby or @Tombstone, are there any updates on when players can expect this to be resolved?

• Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Felonius

I am currently unaware of a time-frame for its fix, however I will be bringing this topic up in our meeting with them tomorrow.
  • Felonius
    Thank you, sir!  :)
  • Felonius
    Brigby said:
    I just spoke with the developers today, and they have informed me that the Countdown Tile bug is anticipated to be fixed in the upcoming R125 patch.

Great news, thank you!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank goodness. 
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    For me this news gets a big 
    NOOOOOOOOOO...
    I got so used to abusing this with all sorts of CD tiles and strike tiles out...
    Oh well...
    It had to be done at some point
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa said:
    I got so used to abusing this with all sorts of CD tiles and strike tiles out...
    It will be interesting to see how good some of the countdown abuse teams are without this.  I was trying at one point to see what the biggest strike tile I could make was and people kept dying early from my non-offensive countdowns.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I enjoyed using this bug for the most part (Coulson/SL is crazily powered), but I'll actually be happy for it to be removed, because it seems like a very unfair bug (even though it mostly benefited me and wasn't too much of a drawback). I prefer playing the game the way it was meant to be played!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I found it made reliable opponent teams even more reliable to the point where I could lose a match in 6 turns to a goon team hundreds of levels lower if the initial board was not in my favor. I wont miss it, even though it's been good times in some cases.
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    Actually, I find correct that when a tile disappears it makes some damage.
    It should even be the correct amount depending on the charachter, not just 1 damage.
  • badsaj
    badsaj Posts: 73 Match Maker

Lampo - The problem is that every countdown tile has a specific power, and not one of the descriptions say something like "create 3 protect tiles, plus add 1 damage plus the damage from strike tiles".