CD tiles resolving for 1 damage [Fix in R125]

Supravenbull
Supravenbull Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
All countdown tiles have started dealing 1 damage when they expire. Doesn't seem too bad except when its a yellow threaten tile from a thug and the 1 damage is amplified by strike tiles to every countdown tile that goes off. Anyone else seeing this? It makes nodes extremely difficult when a somewhat harmless threaten tile goes off and does 2k damage, combined with a lucky cascade downs a full health character.

Playing on android and have restarted the app and my phone twice

Comments

• supbullcoc
    supbullcoc Posts: 77 Match Maker
    any else notice that when a tile expires it does 1 damage?
    and so if the muscle has a 1000 attack tile it does 1001 damage?
    happened after the update 122
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Ouch! That's got to be up there with one of the worst update bugs we've seen recently...

On the other hand, it doesn't just apply to the enemy team. The current PVE essentials are a great demonstrator - take Star-Lord, Rocket & Groot and Hawkguy, generate some blue with No Good News, lay down some blue strike tiles with I Got a Plan and then watch as Everyone With Me tears the enemy team to shreds!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Supravenbull,

Just wanted to let you know that this is a known bug, that has an active report in the database already. Thanks for the heads up!
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Is this something that can be fixed with a data push, or do we have to wait for a full patch?

Thanks!
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    I'm betting a full patch, which will be what, 2 weeks? Not like we have countdown heavy PvP's in that time.

Quality Job as always D3!
  • apmonte
    apmonte Posts: 72
    Well, that explains why Wasps 1 turn countdown tiles have been doing significant damage once I get strike tiles out. Use it to your advantage boys (and girls)!
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once again, D3's "testing" isn't enough to stop a patch from going live with a game-breaking bug. At least this one can be manipulated to our advantage...
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    "I'm Glad I Champed Wasp Week" continues!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Put out some strike tiles, and 3* Blade is one of the most deadly characters in the game. icon_e_wink.gif
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    The ol' Patch + Loki team (Berserker Rage + Trickery) just got vastly better (strike tiles plus Mischief).
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,233 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    An update or two ago, I began noticing that countdown tiles were dealing 1 damage on resolution even if their effects were not intended to deal damage. I.e. Star-Lord. There's a nasty side effect of this change that I first encountered today (I don't play regularly these days). If there are strike tiles on the board, that 1 damage of course gets the strikes added to it. If there's a Muscle on the enemy team, that can quickly become fatal.

Of course you can flip it around and turn it to your advantage; again, Star-Lord plus any strike generator; but this doesn't pass the smell test. CD tiles that aren't intended to deal damage shouldn't do so.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah this is a known issue. There are a bunch of threads already open about it, including an official mention in an official post.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a known issue, as announced here. It's not confirmed yet what version it will be fixed in, but if I had to guess I'd say it should be in R124 if not sooner. (Again, that's just a guess, I do not work for Demiurge or D3 Go!)
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Bump !

Discovered yesterday that new threat. Please push the fix in the R123 !
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Coubii wrote:
    Bump !

Discovered yesterday that new threat. Please push the fix in the R123 !
    Please don't "bump" threads.

It's too late to get this in R123, as it's already been released. Hopefully we'll see something in the release notes for the next update.
  • markcoen01
    markcoen01 Posts: 33 Just Dropped In
    I think some (or all) CountDown tiles may be bugged, or maybe just the ones that refresh their count. I first noticed last week when using 3* Blade. I used his black power and put down the green CD tile that steals AP. A couple of times, just before my turn when that tile would do it's thing, the enemy went down before I made my match or used any powers. I remember even re-reading his black power to see if Blade had been updated and the CD tile now adds dmg.
    Second occurrence, in Crash of Titans fighting Black Panther 3*. He had his blue power CD tile out. When my turn ended, I had 35 health remaining. His CD tile went from 1 to 0, added a protect tile, then back to 2. And then I went down.
    Those are two examples of why I think CD tiles are bugged (at least 3* Blade's and 3* Black Panther's).
  • qandols
    qandols Posts: 1,173 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes, this is a confirmed bug. It is mentioned several times in the forum. Whenever a CD resolves, -1 damage results, which is lethal when strong strike tiles are on the board.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    The developers are aware of the problem with countdown tiles dealing damage when they reach 0, and that this damage is increased with Strike tiles. The team is currently working to resolve this issue. Hopefully this helps explain what is happening.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    so, we fixing this anytime soon?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i'm getting more from this then the ai right now, but i'm at the 4 star transition