Still a Bonus Hero Virgin

Comments

• Nara today.

3 heroic, 4 elite, 1 legendary. 2 3* and a 4*
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Wait until you open your season 10 pack, you are almost garaunteed a few bonus heroes.

I pulled my 10 pack this weekend and got zero. Is that a money back guarantee?
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    I have opened 73 LT since it went live

I have got 2 4*

1 5* for my 3/5/3 OML but was a dupe yellow that I sold

So i'm at like 4% I guess. Usable 2.5%
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    I was beat
    Defense loss
    Covers been tossed, I was sad and annoyed
    But you made me feel
    Yeah, you made me feel
    Shiny and Goldddddd

Like a virgin
    Getting 4* BH's for the very first time
    Like a virgin
    When your cover
    Adds to 13

You're so fine
    And you're (finally) mine
    Make me strong, make me bold
    Yeah, you keep my hold,
    for the seasonnnnnn

Like a virgin
    Getting 4* BH's for the very first time
    Like a virgin
    When your cover
    Becomes a champ

icon_lol.gif
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    StarScream wrote:
    You aren't missing much. You'll probably get a Loki or Spiderdouche like I do.

So don't select them as bonus heroes. I have Medusa as my only 4*. Thanos and 3strange as my only 3* and OML as my only 5. That way I know what I'm getting for a bonus.

I take it you missed my post in the bonus hero thread. I do not have Loki or Spiderdouche selected. But, thanks for playing.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    StarScream wrote:
    Natsufan01 wrote:
    StarScream wrote:
    You aren't missing much. You'll probably get a Loki or Spiderdouche like I do.

So don't select them as bonus heroes. I have Medusa as my only 4*. Thanos and 3strange as my only 3* and OML as my only 5. That way I know what I'm getting for a bonus.

I take it you missed my post in the bonus hero thread. I do not have Loki or Spiderdouche selected. But, thanks for playing.

Which ones do you have selected? Because if you don't have any selected for a given tier, you'll just get a random BH.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Wait until you open your season 10 pack, you are almost garaunteed a few bonus heroes.

That is not even remotely close to being true.

Even if they adjust the odds of bonus hero pulls on 10-packs so that you have an 8% overall chance of getting one (as they claim they do), I believe your chances of not getting any bonus heroes from a 10-pack are 56.6% ( 1-(0.92^10)).
  • tiomono
    tiomono Posts: 1,654 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    This the RNG on top RNG that people were worried about. I've pulled 14 3* BH and only 1 4* BH from my season 10 pack. (Zero from 40 LTs though) Lucky for me it was a usable C4rol, so now she's champed and the long wait for Medusa covers begin.

Best thing you can do, for your own sanity, is just not worry about it.

Yo dawg, I heard you like bonus hero's. So I got you some bonus hero's for your bonus hero's.

I wish I could get 15 BH from a 10 pack. That's some next level odds.

(I know that's most likely not what you meant, but it's kinda how it looks lol.)
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    I'm a bit behind the odds on BH on the 4* tier as well, 0/28.
    But, do you know what my BH rates were before the BH system went into place? You guessed it, 0%. It's a BONUS.
    It's a 5% chance for a bonus, one that you didn't have before. That's around 1/20, but it's not a progress bar where you are guaranteed to get one by the 20th pull.
    For the record I'm right in line on 3*s, and that has led to moving IM40 up quickly to lvl 223 to get a needed Hulkbuster black cover.
    On top of that, (my son is so lucky) he drew a 5* Thanos green cover and got the same cover as a bonus!

So, keep positive about this. If you are behind for now, keep plugging away and the numbers will catch you up eventually.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I was way behind the avg, but today has produced a bunch.

1 bonus from a standard token.
    2 from elites.
    1 from a heroic.

Not counting the 2 I have gotten from standards, I am now at 8.5% when opening a 3* from elites or heroics (3 of 35)

I am at 7% for 4*s having gotten 1 from 14 latest legend pulls. Oddly no 4* from heroics since bonus heroes were introduced.
  • StarScream
    DarthDeVo wrote:
    Which ones do you have selected? Because if you don't have any selected for a given tier, you'll just get a random BH.

*** - Thanos and Strange
    **** - Wolverine, Deadpool, Peggy, Jean, and Cyclops
    ***** - Strange, Jean, Wolverine, and Black Bolt
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    I've pulled 0 4* or 5* bonus heroes, but I'm trying not to get too busted up about it. It'll be even cooler when it actually happens.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    StarScream wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:

*** - Thanos and Strange

Some of the more "mathmatecally inclined" folks (not me) on here have said something that picking more than 2 choices per tier would be effectively making your pull odds for that character worse than it was before BH was implemented. Just pick one per tier for now. But if you aren't getting any AT ALL, then the point is moot. Good luck with your future pulls.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Now, they'll edit TONS AND TONS of stuff doing no one any harm.....yet.....they'll let a title with a sexual innuendo go on for multiple pages?

smdh.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    Now, they'll edit TONS AND TONS of stuff doing no one any harm.....yet.....they'll let a title with a sexual innuendo go on for multiple pages?

smdh.

Actually the definition for Virgin can also be "a person who is naive, innocent, or inexperienced, especially in a particular context." It is very common to call someone a virgin when they do something for the first time, not just sex icon_e_wink.gif
  • broll
    TLCstormz wrote:

smdh.

Actually the definition for Virgin can also be "a person who is naive, innocent, or inexperienced, especially in a particular context." It is very common to call someone a virgin when they do something for the first time, not just sex icon_e_wink.gif

Also if it was only a sexual term, it wouldn't be innuendo, it would be blunt.
    Def of innuendo - an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    TLCstormz wrote:

smdh.

The longer they leave it the harder it gets
  • broll
    broll wrote:
    TLCstormz wrote:

smdh.

Also if it was only a sexual term, it wouldn't be innuendo, it would be blunt.
    Def of innuendo - an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.
    IlDuderino wrote:
    The longer they leave it the harder it gets

1lrn7j.jpg
  • StarScream
    StarScream wrote:
    DarthDeVo wrote:

*** - Thanos and Strange

Some of the more "mathmatecally inclined" folks (not me) on here have said something that picking more than 2 choices per tier would be effectively making your pull odds for that character worse than it was before BH was implemented. Just pick one per tier for now. But if you aren't getting any AT ALL, then the point is moot. Good luck with your future pulls.

Luckily for me I do not care one bit about ***** characters. Not ready yet. The same could be said, but to a lesser extent, for **** characters. I am amassing some at a slow pace due to progression and the daily chest. I am not opening any legendary tokens. Still doing *** land with only four champed and about 6 or 7 at 11/12 covers. Thanos happens to be at 12 (after a straight up pull from an elite today) so he will be replaced on my bonus hero list soon. The math part of it does not really affect me yet and might never. The available pulls from legendary tokens and/or command points is utter ****, especially with Peggy leaving soon.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    astrp3 wrote:
    Crowl wrote:
    MaxxPowerz wrote:

That is not even remotely close to being true.

Even if they adjust the odds of bonus hero pulls on 10-packs so that you have an 8% overall chance of getting one (as they claim they do), I believe your chances of not getting any bonus heroes from a 10-pack are 56.6% ( 1-(0.92^10)).

To be honest, the claim I replied to was so ludicrous that I didn't even think it deserved the maths, which would look even worse when you take into account the word few which is typically used to mean three. icon_e_smile.gif