Still a Bonus Hero Virgin

Chapinahat
Chapinahat Posts: 11
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Seriously, if I'd not read the thread I'd assume the feature was yet to launch.

I'm nearly a 900 day player, regularly hitting the event tokens and with a reasonable turn around on legendary tokens. But since launch, I have not had a single bonus hero.

RNG hates me.

Comments

• Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Don't worry it'll happen. The wait will just make it more special when it does.
  • jffdougan
    jffdougan Posts: 733 Critical Contributor
    I've only pulled two, both from Standard (1 star.png) tokens.
  • Tbf, the **** draws have allowed me to reach a 7 figure iso total
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    You aren't missing much. You'll probably get a Loki or Spiderdouche like I do.
  • Natsufan01
    Natsufan01 Posts: 259 Mover and Shaker
    StarScream wrote:
    You aren't missing much. You'll probably get a Loki or Spiderdouche like I do.

So don't select them as bonus heroes. I have Medusa as my only 4*. Thanos and 3strange as my only 3* and OML as my only 5. That way I know what I'm getting for a bonus.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I've only pulled one 4* bonus character, but plenty of 3* characters. In the last week alone I've collected 4 LTs off 3* champ rewards, all due to the bonus feature.

Wait until you open your season 10 pack, you are almost garaunteed a few bonus heroes.
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    I've pulled 28 star.pngstar.pngstar.png since this launched and only gotten one, from a standard token. (3.5% avg)

I've pulled 14 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png since this launched and only gotten one, from a latest legend token. (7% avg)

Elite and Heroic tokens have produced nothing so far.
  • Punter1
    Punter1 Posts: 728 Critical Contributor
    Had a few 3* bonus heroes. Also got one 5* bonus which is an achievement.

Had zero 4* bonus, none, nadda, zip. Been pulling regularly, about 2 tokens a day based on CP and LT earning, plus a small saving of them both prior to bonus launch. Also still not seen a 4* from heroic since the change in their odds, and I've pulled a significant number of those.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    Wait until you open your season 10 pack, you are almost garaunteed a few bonus heroes.

Or you could pull nine 2*s and one 3* with no bonus heroes like I did with mine this morning.
  • Looks like the RNG are tinykitty to many of us.

Opened about a dozen elites today. 12 2*. So no danger of breaking my duck there.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:
    I've only pulled one 4* bonus character, but plenty of 3* characters. In the last week alone I've collected 4 LTs off 3* champ rewards, all due to the bonus feature.

Wait until you open your season 10 pack, you are almost garaunteed a few bonus heroe
    s.

So I'm guessing you don't read the worst moment of the day thread.
  • spghttihead
    spghttihead Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I was away from the game for a few months and am confused by how this system even works. I put 3 star Thanos as my bonus and today pulled a Thanos, the screen then flashed and another Thanos cover came up. I figured I had gotten two (one being a bonus) but when I looked in my queue I only had one. Anyone able to give me a quick update on this feature?
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was away from the game for a few months and am confused by how this system even works. I put 3 star Thanos as my bonus and today pulled a Thanos, the screen then flashed and another Thanos cover came up. I figured I had gotten two (one being a bonus) but when I looked in my queue I only had one. Anyone able to give me a quick update on this feature?

A bug bit with the latest update, which is screwing up how the bonus heroes are displayed when you do happen to pull one.

Before, if Thanos was your only selected BH, you could have pulled say, Iron Fist, then the BH animation would play and it would show Thanos.

Now it's just showing the BH animation two times in a row without showing which "normal" cover you drew to trigger the BH. But in your queue it will show the "normal" hero cover and the BH cover.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    MaxxPowerz wrote:

That is not even remotely close to being true.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    most of my bonus heroes have been from elites (including 3 Human Torch covers today alone)

i've used at least 25 lt since bonus heroes launched, no bonus
  • Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,050 Chairperson of the Boards
    *shrugs* I don't know what to tell you guys. While I don't get them all the time, I do get at least a couple a week. I get 3* Cap the most. After that, 3* Storm.

But if it weren't for BH, my 4* Medusa and Captain Marvel would probably be floundering and I'd be hard presssed to use them.

Pre-BH Medusa = 2/2/2
    BH Medusa = 2/2/4

Pre-BH Carol = 1/2/1
    BH Carol = 3/5/2

I've never gotten a 5* BH though.

Just keep grinding guys. That's all I can say.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    This the RNG on top RNG that people were worried about. I've pulled 14 3* BH and only 1 4* BH from my season 10 pack. (Zero from 40 LTs though) Lucky for me it was a usable C4rol, so now she's champed and the long wait for Medusa covers begin.

Best thing you can do, for your own sanity, is just not worry about it.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    Had lots of 3 stars from elites but in about 35-40 LT pulls not one single 4* bonus. I have every 3 star vaulted as a BH and they seem to come fairly often.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    Got like three 5star Doctor Strange the first day, when I decided to spend my CP hoard. But I didn't pull a 4star (Peggy) until this weekend. Bonus Heroes helped me cover 3star Thanos, and give him some champion levels (to my Thor too, who I seem to have favorited by mistake when sliding the screen).
    As I have Red Hulk fully covered, I decided a couple days ago to unfav Thanos, and fav instead Cyclops and Vision, hoping to get the covers I need to finish big Cyclops. Already got a Vision champion level from bonus heroes since then.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    They Do Exist....my first 4 Star Bonus hero (x-23 Purple)
    after Championing 2 Star Steve Rogers got a heroic which yielded Mordo Purple (1/3/1) and X-23 Purple (5/4/4)

see you in 90k ISO when X-23 is my first 4 Star Champion