What is the one thing that would get you to buy VIP?

2»

Comments

• PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's not a bad deal, but mainly because of the intercepts always "working" when you're a VIP - whenever I am not VIP it seems like only about 50% of the ads load properly, meaning I am down about 50% on my intercept revenue on a given month.

I think double ISO for Steam VIP users would be a reasonable consideration (or at least +50%), considering they don't have access to intercepts or facebook rewards.

As for what would make me buy it every month? Well, let's talk about things that will never happen but would guarantee a continued subscription (instead of just every two or three months):

(Any one of these would do.)

1) Colorless covers for everything in the 4-star range and up. If that's still a coding nightmare then just show all three covers, and I tap on the one I want. It could show "Your Wasp is 2/4/1" at the top of the screen so I don't have to panic if I can't remember my cover distribution.
    2) The ability to pick which twelve four-stars I want in my given heroic and and legendary token pool. This could be changed once a day.
    3) roster slots for non-duplicate characters are free.
    4) Once per day (total, not per character), allow the player to reallocate character levels on a non-champed character (for example, I could make my 2/0/2 Old Man Logan 2/1/1).
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Lots of uninformed buyers, unfortunately.

I mean.......buying the TWO DOLLAR OPTION once a month gets rid of the ads, in and of itself.......

As far as what makes sense to be in ANY kind "VIP" program? How about using the real world definition, first and foremost? "VIP" usually means "Exclusive Features / Early Access / Access To Non Public Areas".

Since there is NOTHING along those lines whatsoever in this game's VIP, they shoulda just used the generic "S.H.I.E.L.D. Battle Kit" title, or whatever it was originally pitched to us as, back in the original surveys about it. But, maybe, they figured more people would feel an increase in self worth from being called a "Very Important Person", thus pony up the dough? It's always sad when businesses prey on consumers like that, so hopefully that was not the rationale.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    TLCstormz wrote:
    I mean.......buying the TWO DOLLAR OPTION once a month gets rid of the ads, in and of itself.......

Huh, I didn't know that - I thought only the $20+ plus purchase options did that/or VIP. Thanks for the information.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    i re-upped my vip the other day to see if it would in fact get intercepts to work. it did.

all the tickets i sent to cs. they could have just said 'hey, spend some money', rather than the cookie cutter 'the problem you are experiencing is a known issue. the developers are working "hard" to resolve the issue'. or my other favourite 'it appears the game is functioning normally'.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I am continually impressed with how much money they can ask for, for so little in return. They've gotten me to spend on the game a time or two, so they've definitely sucked me in more than I should have allowed - I have to remind myself once in a while that spending money on the game won't (and didn't) actually improve the experience. They don't put money into the game, and their matchmaking more than punishes me for buying in, so the idea of "investing" for a better game is a joke. I'm not even slightly kidding when I say that I'd be better off emptying my bank account onto my roof on a windy day than spend money on this game

I think it's such a shame that such a soul-sucking company got the rights to design this game. You'd think that the runaway success of games like Hearthstone would have given people ideas for a better, less tight-fisted approach to the F2P model. Instead we get designers who think that cynicism and Skinner-box programming is all you need to succeed. MPQ is a cross of two really worthwhile IPs, but somehow, the people who thought to put them together managed to fail to realize it could be anything more than a whale farm. MPQ could have been a huge, wild success, a billion dollar game, and instead it's just another little F2P game with a handful of whales keeping it afloat, yet another example of F2P gaming gone wrong.

Also, occasionally, just really terrible art. On average it's gotten better over the years, but I still look at certain characters and just cringe (TAHulk, Squirrel Girl, 3* Captain Marvel, etc etc etc). I suppose I should be grateful for that, since it's an easy way to remind myself that this is not a game worth spending money on.
  • nonnel1
    nonnel1 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Working intercept rewards.... mine still broken
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't know that this would really get me in all honesty, but I would seriously consider it if it kept all my covers from expiring.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I find it funny that when VIP was introduced, I said it was nice but needed something more because the rewards were not worth $10. People yelled at me for being greedy then... Now? we all seem to agree the intercepts skipping is nice (though you get that with any purchase, not just VIP) and the rewards are just OK... but we all need more
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    I think that VIP is a pretty good deal already. I could however see multiple levels of it.

VIP1 - 9.99 - Stays the way it is
    VIP2 - 15.99 - rewards but you also open up the Danger Room (or call it Avenger Academy to keep X-Men stuff out) where there is an open "special mission" at all times. (ie, Growth Industries, Cho Event, Agent Coulsen Event, etc)
    VIP3 - 24.99 - All the VIP1 and VIP2 but you also get multiplied ISO, HP, CP.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I find it funny that when VIP was introduced, I said it was nice but needed something more because the rewards were not worth $10. People yelled at me for being greedy then... Now? we all seem to agree the intercepts skipping is nice (though you get that with any purchase, not just VIP) and the rewards are just OK... but we all need more

Heh, I was right there with you. $10 for essentially two thirteenths of a character, chosen at random, and not enough ISO to fully level a 2*. As I said then, sure, it was better than what we had. But, what we had was also garbage. If you want to spend time comparing the merits of garbage to slightly better garbage, knock yourself out.

As for what would convince me to come back and buy it again now? Honestly, the first changes have to be entirely outside of the VIP package first. Give me a game where every patch doesn't introduce a dozen new bugs. Give me a game that doesn't feel like there's going to be a new money grab at every turn, removing single pulls from vaults. Give me a game where changes to fundamental things like removing all old 4*'s from tokens isn't implemented without warning. Give me a game that I actually want to support financially.

I know I've absolutely got some sunk costs fallacy going on. I'm slowly getting over that. The thing is, it isn't just that I don't want to walk away with a bitter taste in my mouth, I still want them to succeed. At its core, there are some very fun things in the game. I want the game that I'd put up a big fat 10 on the "Would you recommend this game to a friend?" surveys. At the core, that is why I'm not buying into the VIP. With the bugs, and stingy nature, the odd things I've seen about how they favor player unfriendly practices, and don't want to change wasted covers because they think it would hurt their economy... I don't know. The direction they seem to be going and the direction I think they should seem miles apart, especially in terms of the ways we think players should advance, and they seem to have very little interest in changing their direction. And I have very little interest in supporting that.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Cumulative effect... period.
    What do i mean? Well, rewards for $ purchases remains the same while game economy evolves. ISO costs are ridiculous - from ages where having maxed 3* was a huge sucsess.

If every one VIP bought increased rewards of the next one, i would happily make some long time "investments". All in all, that is how VIPs mostly work - they give bonuses for your monetary loyalty.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    I am continually impressed with how much money they can ask for, for so little in return.
    It's our 10 year anniversary! Here's a sale so you can buy more HP, and an Amadeus Cho vault to spend it on!
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    I would like (10) Nelson "HaHa's" to send to opponents of my choosing, in pop-up form. They would refresh just like healthpacks do.