What is the one thing that would get you to buy VIP?

Wumpushunter
Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
After Brigby did confirm that they were looking at different methods to fix the vaulting issue I came back to the game and would like to support it by buying VIP. But the rewards seem a bit light for a subscription of 9.99 for 28 days. I am unsure if its exceptionally popular and they are racking in millions of dollars with it, but I would like to see a single change in vip and I would like to know what your one change would be as well. My one change would be:

Every time you renew VIP without it expiring your iso, HP, and command points slightly increase. For example, the three of the first four reward deals with non tokens. Day 01: 1000 Iso Day 02: 100 Hero Points Day 04: 3 Command Points. What if for the second 28 days each reward was increased by 150 iso 5 HP and command points were added on a less frequent basis as they are more rare. This would really keep me subscribing month to month far more than 1 command point per subscription.

Anyone have VIP? Do you like it? Would you add something? Are the developers satisfied without how many subscriptions they are getting?

Comments

• mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    For a monthly subscription you should really be getting a lot more. Why not triple the bonus hero pull rate odds for VIPs? Why not extend how long covers last before expiring? Offer permanent double ISO? There's plenty they could be offering, but it's really minimum viable product.
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Any of the following would be a good way to get me to buy into VIP:
    • Iso multiplier (This by itself with nothing else could probably sell me on it.)
    • Free roster slot(s)
    • Removal of cover expiration
    • Free/special shield(s) for Versus
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    I bought it this month. No regrets. I can use everything- tokens, iso, HP. It was an impulse purchase when I had decided on champing a 4 asap. I've since decided to stop using tokens until I can champ 3 at the same time.
  • Tromb2ch2
    Tromb2ch2 Posts: 301 Mover and Shaker
    I have been a vip member since it started. 2 lt for $10 was good enough for me. But since shield intercepts (sorry steam users) it has been a no brainer.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've answered this question before and it remains the same
    1. An iso multiplier (maybe not needed anymore, iso flow rate is decent)
    2. Faster health pack regeneration instead of character regeneration
    3. A 5 star.png streak breaker, 10 LTs without a 5 star.png = guaranteed on your next
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    VIPs get perks that regular people do not. So instead of just increasing my already achievable resources, do that at a higher rate than currently + make the 2 Legendary tokens a special "VIP" vault that has all the 5* covers. Each month you get 2, New ones are added as new 5*, are added, and the vault only resets after it's been cleared.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    VIP has a few great features, but the iSO rewards are light in light of the shield intercept rewards. That being said, automatically getting intercept rewards just about pays for VIP itself. I get a few heroic/elites a day, a few hundred iso, and the occasional CP.
  • SkywalterDBZ
    SkywalterDBZ Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    VIP should be basically the way you pay for a complete experience. The way to add a layer between F2P and Whale that doesn't just feel like an F2P throwing away money.

This game is pretty darn generous with F2P in my opinion, being that I have no issues saying that F2P should be an incomplete (but still fun) experience. But at the same time, actually "paying" for the game costs a LOT, with the store basically allowing people to Whale away their money.

In my mind, VIP should "unlock" the game much in the way that many MMOs with F2P/VIP hybrid systems do. Take DDO for example, in that game VIPs can play ANY quest and create characters of ANY race. F2Ps? They get limited quests and races. But the game also has a currency you can buy and spend to permanently unlock things. Want a P2P quest unlocked even if you lapse or never use VIP? Buy it forever. Want only 1 specific race and not all of them, buy it. If you ever lapse VIP, you lose access to anything you haven't bought. If you have an invalid character after the lapse, it's locked out to you.

How does this translate to MPQ? Well why not give VIPs "infinite" roster slots to hold one of each hero (basically recruitment is free) but if you lapse, only the slots you paid for with HP remain unlocked. Any heroes above that remain in your collection, but cannot have any more covers applied to them, and they cannot be used or trained at all. They just wait there until you VIP again or buy permanent slots. (You CAN sell them off though).

Other perks would be a fixed amount of HP given per month to trickle in the permanent unlocks, as well as some amount of ISO, tokens, and CP (basically exactly what we get now) ... but given out immediately at the first of the month and automatically accumulating if you don't logon for some reason. This way, VIPs have a choice, spend the HP on covers (something I know I never do now) or permanently unlock roster slots. Perhaps if you think people will then NEVER buy slots, perhaps make permanent slots be the only slots that can hold champs, and the infinite VIP slots hold non-champs.

Other possible perks include: Cover color swaps (perhaps finite times per month), special tokens (but with nothing truly exclusive to VIP, just better rates/loot tables), multi-month/yearly subs with perhaps cheaper cost or just more stuff, extra node loot slots for VIPs with better stuff, increased ISO gain multiplier, and maybe even VIP only PvE campaigns with worthwhile loot that can also be bough for HP (much like quests in DDO).
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    I'd join VIP if it offered 2 LTs per month and allowed me to collect intercept rewards without viewing ads or losing out on ISO rewards due to bugged videos.

Since it does these things, I subscribe.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Tripple ISO as the addition.

It's absurd what subscription in MPQ gives you comapred to other games.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have not considered going VIP and I think I will not unless I see a real way to progress in the game thanks to it.

1. Double ISO for all event
    2. Double the LT in VIP
    3. Expiry of the covers gone (or change the cover color added).

All 3 and I will sign up. Some of it and I might but don't expect monthly renewal.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    far and away the best value from VIP right now is the time saved by skipping the ads on shield intercepts. Given the relatively high value of receiving 10-15 intercepts a day, paying $10 a month to save 5-10 minutes of wasted time every day isn't a terrible deal IMO.

The actual VIP rewards have never been particularly good value (unless you compare them to the wildly overpriced store values for ISO and CPs).

color swapping would be the ultimate VIP perk. But it will never happen. It would be way too efficient. Players would save up huge hoards, then buy VIP once to crack their hoards and optimally build every character they pulled. not enough value for demi/d3.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been VIP since launch, I think it's a decent deal, not great, certainly not bad.

I would like to see the character health regen swapped with health pack regen (or both).
    Boost to bonus heroes percentage would be huge. I'd pay more than $10 a month if that was included.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    STEAM INTERCEPTS
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    I've been VIP since launch, I think it's a decent deal, not great, certainly not bad.

I would like to see the character health regen swapped with health pack regen (or both).
    Boost to bonus heroes percentage would be huge. I'd pay more than $10 a month if that was included.

This is good thinking. Bonus Heroes does add another lever to the game that can be tweaked to favor VIPs. I expect a lot of people would pay for VIP if it bumped the bonus cover odds to 8 and 10% ( for single and 10 packs respectively). But I don't expect that Demi will ever tie VIP bonuses to token opening. That would provide too much incentive for players to hoard and then buy one month of VIP whenever they crack open their hoards. Demi/d3 want people to have VIP up all the time.

So maybe escalating streak bonuses?
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    if the only way to get intercept rewards was either (i) watch ads or (ii) pay for VIP, I would definitely buy VIP.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with the suggestions above. I would love if VIP also waived the Championing fee.. 12,500 Iso just to champ a 4* after the max level cost is harsh. 5000 Iso for 2* is unnecessary.. I already had the 2* champ, why am I paying it again for my farm?

An exclusive monthly or weekly VIP PVP/PVE event for a specific cover would be appealing as well.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    The ability to downvote posts on the forums.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am a VIP user. I like the faster healing and Iron Man telling me I don't have to worry about watching ads. The daily prizes add up to a decent sum but would seem kind of 'meh' without the healing/intercepts:

9000 ISO
    700 HP
    6 Heroic Tokens
    9 CP
    1 LT

The one way I'd like to see it improved is to double the intercept rewards if you are a VIP user (I think double ISO across the board is a bit too much).
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:

The one way I'd like to see it improved is to double the intercept rewards if you are a VIP user (I think double ISO across the board is a bit too much).

and would likely be enough to have Steam users cry foul....again