7 Gwenpools on the vine

Comments

• Buret0
    Buret0 Posts: 1,591
    broll wrote:
    I had 5 Spider-Woman blacks unusable on my last mass pull. I feel you. It's shocking they've still done nothing to address the problem of ununsable duplicates.

I think they hope you whale up. icon_e_smile.gif

At least you can set Wasp as your only 4* bonus and hope you get the last cover. 120 CP is also an option if you can save up the CP. It's the 5* CP that is just too much to hope of a waste to spend on a single cover (when 2,000 ISO is the selling option... weak).
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Aweberman wrote:
    irwando wrote:
    You answer is to spend CP on covers you need.

Whether or not you like that answer is a different story.
    Agreed. I don't quite understand why so many people are so reluctant to spend 120 CP to enable champing.

It is because when CP first was introduced, it was much harder to get, so people are still in the mentality that they have to hoard it all. Now, it is very easy (if a bit time consuming) to get 25 CP from each PvP event and at least 10 from each PvE event. That's not counting what you get from Shield Intercepts (Sorry PC players...) champ rewards, and the CP for clearing the last nodes in PvE. Oh, and the new node in the Deadpool Daily. I would say I average at least enough for a classic Legendary token every two days? Maybe less, sometimes I know I open 2 or 3 a day if the stars align just right for me

But people are so stuck in the "never spend CP on anything but tokens" mindset.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    Knaaks wrote:
    Aweberman wrote:
    irwando wrote:

Agreed. I don't quite understand why so many people are so reluctant to spend 120 CP to enable champing.

It is because when CP first was introduced, it was much harder to get, so people are still in the mentality that they have to hoard it all. Now, it is very easy (if a bit time consuming) to get 25 CP from each PvP event and at least 10 from each PvE event. That's not counting what you get from Shield Intercepts (Sorry PC players...) champ rewards, and the CP for clearing the last nodes in PvE. Oh, and the new node in the Deadpool Daily. I would say I average at least enough for a classic Legendary token every two days? Maybe less, sometimes I know I open 2 or 3 a day if the stars align just right for me
    I think that's right. I was hoarding for a couple of months, and my rule of thumb was that I could generate enough LT/CP combined for a latest pull every day. That is to say:

CP/25 + LT = days playing

... also about 500 CP a month. For reference, my roster at the time was a 2* farm, all 3* champed but less than 200, and maybe 3 or 4 4* champed.

As for this legitimate point:

El Satanno wrote:
    That's a fair stance to take when you're only missing one cover. Would you be so dismissive if you had, for example, an 0/3/5 on your hands? That's a whole lot more than 120CP, my friends.
    True enough. To which I respond:
    Borstock wrote:
    I might've stopped pulling a little sooner, personally.
    I'm sitting at about a 33% chance of pulling an unwanted cover right now. While I am rolling the dice on latest LT, I am sitting on my CP. This is partly because I want to have 120 always available in case I want to make up a missing cover, and partly because I don't want to have a vine full of grapes that I am unable to harvest.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got 7 covers for my 5/5/2 Carol on the vine and have sold several already. I got both greens when she was released and have only pulled black/yellow since. Sucks. I took her to 250 and keep 100k ISO on hand to champ the second I ever pull a green.

wahahaha_zps167700df.jpg~original

120 CP and it's yours.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    I still think they should do away with expiration dates. I wouldn't care that i have 4 red spiderwomen for my 3-4-5 spiderwoman if the covers don't expire. Instead of expiration dates, you should get a "vine cap" based off of your shield level, so you start at 25 and get 1 vine spot for each level. I am level 70, so that would be 95 spots.
  • Knaaks
    Knaaks Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    I still think they should do away with expiration dates. I wouldn't care that i have 4 red spiderwomen for my 3-4-5 spiderwoman if the covers don't expire. Instead of expiration dates, you should get a "vine cap" based off of your shield level, so you start at 25 and get 1 vine spot for each level. I am level 70, so that would be 95 spots.

That's the first time I've seen that idea, and I think it's great. If your slots fill up, you still have to make some decisions, but at least you just have the option to stop pulling while you earn CP and stuff.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    STOPTHIS wrote:
    I've got 3 C4rol greens in my queue. Let's make a deal!

My 2/2/12 C4rol feels your pain.

At this stage, when I get multiples of the same colour for a 4* that I can't use, I just recruit 2 covers, level to 83 and sell for a profit.

But I do agree that at this point, and particularly with the minuscule pool of 4*s that can be drawn now, something really needs to be done about this tinykitty. Colourless covers, extend the expiry time of covers, have a 'bank' to store a few covers that can't expire... whatever. The current system no longer suits the current game climate.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yep, my 5-5-0 Gwenpool is going though this. Just pulled my third unusable cover for her, and I don't even have the option of saving cp to use on her to save all my dupes.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    My wife and I often let us open our LTs (we are **** adorable) and when my LT from DDQ didn't flash purple I was saying "please be Carol green, please be Carol green..." and it was!!!!! Got her at 277 now. Next challenge is my 1/5/5 Mordo...the only 4* I don't have fully covered.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes, just sometimes, that token bought with 20 CP gets you what you need. Carol green was gratefully received.

I don't like vaulting in general, but in this particular circumstance it pushed the odds just enough in my favour.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Sometimes, just sometimes, that token bought with 20 CP gets you what you need. Carol green was gratefully received.

I don't like vaulting in general, but in this particular circumstance it pushed the odds just enough in my favour.

And sometimes. just sometimes, it takes the piss and the very next cover you get with 20 CP is another Carol green.
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    I think the devs have decided that the inefficiency spaces out roster development and prevents unrestrained whaling. If there were a direct way to convert unwanted covers/colors into "that one thing I need".

I don't completely defend it, and I don't know what the ideal rates should be, but if I knew I could get my ideal 12th and 13th *4 Cyclops or RHulk cover just by having a pile of unusable junk, I'd gather up as much unusable junk as I could, and I'd shell out enough money to make it so.

I don't defend the rates, because I don't set them, but I think the ISO drought means one still has to play a lot to advance, and a cover not used timely is going to provide little reward, other than 500-2,000 ISO. But at least it offers some compensation and doesn't just evaporate.

(Also, I have 8 Agent Venom covers on the vine right now. If I had enough spare ISO, I could champ him, but it's a resource decision that I'd rather save that ISO for a character I like better. Once they reach their expiration day, I'll shrug and sell off for 1K ISO each).
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    BearVenger wrote:
    I think the devs have decided that the inefficiency spaces out roster development and prevents unrestrained whaling. If there were a direct way to convert unwanted covers/colors into "that one thing I need".

I don't completely defend it, and I don't know what the ideal rates should be, but if I knew I could get my ideal 12th and 13th *4 Cyclops or RHulk cover just by having a pile of unusable junk, I'd gather up as much unusable junk as I could, and I'd shell out enough money to make it so.

I don't defend the rates, because I don't set them, but I think the ISO drought means one still has to play a lot to advance, and a cover not used timely is going to provide little reward, other than 500-2,000 ISO. But at least it offers some compensation and doesn't just evaporate.

(Also, I have 8 Agent Venom covers on the vine right now. If I had enough spare ISO, I could champ him, but it's a resource decision that I'd rather save that ISO for a character I like better. Once they reach their expiration day, I'll shrug and sell off for 1K ISO each).
    I've just been selling off Agent Venom covers as I get them. He is bad, and I don't feel bad for not champing him. I'm hoping he leaves the pool of newest 4s before I ever have enough ISO on hand to think about champing him.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Aweberman wrote:
    irwando wrote:

That is an option in some cases, but a rather unfair one if you end up with a lopsided 1/5/1 character and continue to pull that middle colour, but isn't even an option for that 0/5/5 character anyway.

Of course, the hoarding option comes into play, but realistically that should not be something we end up being forced into due to the drawbacks of the reward system, it should be something we opt to do like with DDQ tokens.

It definitely seems like the RNG will regularly hunt down those few covers you cannot use just to taunt you too e.g I have 6 of the latest 12 champed, 2 max-covered and 4 of them not max-covered (with only one power at 5 covers) and since reaching that point I have drawn 4 covers for the max-covered pair and another one in that 5 cover power. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • cpeyton3535
    cpeyton3535 Posts: 256 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl wrote:

It definitely seems like the RNG will regularly hunt down those few covers you cannot use just to taunt you too e.g I have 6 of the latest 12 champed, 2 max-covered and 4 of them not max-covered (with only one power at 5 covers) and since reaching that point I have drawn 4 covers for the max-covered pair and another one in that 5 cover power. icon_rolleyes.gif

Taunt is the PERFECT word for it. Since the inception of BH I've got the following rotting on the vine:

IF at 5/1/4 - 6 green covers. Sold one and then just spent the cp to champ him cuz, well, he's worth it and I'm impatient.
    GSBW at 5/3/3 - 5 green covers (sold 2)
    LCap at 5/1/1 - 2 Yellows
    Patch at 5/2/4 - 2 Greens
    KK at 2/5/0 - 1 Purple
    3* Cyke at 3/1/5 - 2 Black

And the real kicker, got my first 4* BH yesterday. Flashed a Yellow Peggy at me. Yay! Went to my queue and looked sadly at my new Red Peggy. You guessed it:

Peggy at 5/4/1

If I have 5 of one cover I know that's the one I'm getting next, against the odds.

Sorry, this just doesn't feel random. Maybe I'm due a string of incredible good luck?
  • Digitalman959
    Digitalman959 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    We all agree that dead-draws suck big time. I have a 0/0/7 Kate Bishop. Had to sell several Nova covers before getting my first yellow cover (courtesy of the daily resupply), the same thing happened with Peggy's yellow. My Peggy's now 5/2/5 with a blue cover in the vine and I'm ready to spend the cp to get that 3rd. yellow cover and champ her as soon as I get the necessary ISO. I've done this before when I have the chance to get the cover that will enable me to champ the character and I don't regret it. I say if it is a character worth championing, buying that last cover should be a no brainer, those 120cp can be earned back in no time.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    3 covers is my limit when buying with cp.
    did that with peggy, jean grey and x23.
    most of the time I buy the last cover before I have to sell a useless one.
    I even spent 360cp to have 5 blue for Xavier because I wanted that winfinite team, still didn't max him

I have 9 champs, only punisher is missing from the top tier and with 333 he wont take long to complete, im somewhere at 100+ cp again
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    And pulled my second red agent venom today for my 5-2-1 character. What level do we level dupe colors up to for extra iso again?

And kinda would like to see a combo deal where we can combine 4 or 5 dupe covers to get one usable cover for a character of our choice. It would certainly be more useful than having to sell dupes for 1000 iso.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 439 Mover and Shaker
    I currently have 8 blue 3* Doctor Strange waiting - stuck on 0 yellow, so race against time to champion him before they all disappear. icon_neutral.gif
    Opened 140 tokens last night (had been hoarding for Hawkeye too, but lost patience) and by time I got my 10th successive blue I was trawling the forums & google in case there was a bug that meant no other covers could drop.
  • Moon Roach
    I have 6 Spider-Woman covers on the vine, the oldest has 7 days left. She was fully covered and level 145, I've got her to 255 in the last week, another 2 or 3 days and 75k or so ISO and she's championed and I can focus on the next one.

Even though I keep getting covers I can't use, as soon as I get a Legendary Token I open it, or 20 CP I open a Classic.

That one time I got a 5* Thanos and a 5* Thanos bonus hero, that has a lot to answer for.