7 Gwenpools on the vine

whoami
whoami Posts: 75 Match Maker
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I've never felt the need to post about RNG madness, but....my 4/5/2 Gwenpool has SEVEN blacks on the vine, with the first to expire in 4 days.

Is this repayment to the RNG gods for my 5/1/0 5* Thanos? Fair trade, I guess?

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had 5 Spider-Woman blacks unusable on my last mass pull. I feel you. It's shocking they've still done nothing to address the problem of ununsable duplicates.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    I mean, honestly, what are they hoping someone in this situation do to not waste these REWARDS THAT YOU HAVE EARNED?

I'm serious. In their ideal, pay for something world, what do they think the solution is for players when they are in this situation?
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I mean, honestly, what are they hoping someone in this situation do to not waste these REWARDS THAT YOU HAVE EARNED?

I'm serious. In their ideal, pay for something world, what do they think the solution is for players when they are in this situation?

Many have been suggested:
    - Colorless covers
    - A punch card type system where if you get 5 unusable covers you can then pick a usable cover instead
    - Pay for color swap. The ability pay some fee, CP/HP to change the color of a cover.

I'm sure there are more possibilities.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,581 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got three Wasp blue in my roster for the second time in three weeks. Only one cover is in common between both times. My Wasp is 3/5/4, so I need one non-blue cover...

I'll probably draw Classics from CPs before the oldest one expires, at least a few, if I don't finish her. Otherwise... eh, the other two will expire after Hawkeye is in Latest, so I'll probably finish her then.

These things, unfortunately, happen.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I've got 7 covers for my 5/5/2 Carol on the vine and have sold several already. I got both greens when she was released and have only pulled black/yellow since. Sucks. I took her to 250 and keep 100k ISO on hand to champ the second I ever pull a green.

wahahaha_zps167700df.jpg~original
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    broll wrote:

Many have been suggested:
    - Colorless covers
    - A punch card type system where if you get 5 unusable covers you can then pick a usable cover instead
    - Pay for color swap. The ability pay some fee, CP/HP to change the color of a cover.

I'm sure there are more possibilities.

Oh, I completely agree that either of those three would be a wonderful change! I prefer the colorless option myself.

But they haven't applied any of those or another way to help with this at all. So my question is, Why haven't they done anything to help with this? Why are they ok with letting this happen? What do they get out of that?
  • whoami
    whoami Posts: 75 Match Maker
    On a related note, I have a 4* blade, 4* cage, and wasp (along with gwenpool) in the queue and ready to be leveled up and champed. I prob will have enough ISO to get two of them. Assuming the 2 gwenpool covers I need don't come through, I imagine the best use of the ISO is blade and wasp--yes?
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    This is going to be the norm with only 12 characters to draw from.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    At this point even though champing gives rewards, it's almost best overall to just fully cover and let characters sit until you're ready to champ them.

All champs will be cut off unless you hoard and unleash, and the bonus heros rate is too low to rely on them for progress on their way out of packs.

So unless you have 5+ like OP, it'll make little power differences and unless you are drawing multiple of that 4 a day a day, won't provide much reward wise before they leave packs.

This change still boggles the mind.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ha, I had 8. Luckily I also had her fully covered and it was just a case of getting the ISO.

Right now my very own 5/5/2 level 250 Carol has 3 dying on the vine.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    You answer is to spend CP on covers you need.

Whether or not you like that answer is a different story.
  • Aweberman
    Aweberman Posts: 433 Mover and Shaker
    irwando wrote:

Agreed. I don't quite understand why so many people are so reluctant to spend 120 CP to enable champing.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    I might've stopped pulling a little sooner, personally.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have 14 expiring in 2-6 days. Had to champion carol, medusa, Kate bishop first. Now she is in competition with blade (6 covers), luke (14 covers) and spider woman (7 covers) for who to champ next.
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    whoami wrote:
    I've never felt the need to post about RNG madness, but....my 4/5/2 Gwenpool has SEVEN blacks on the vine, with the first to expire in 4 days.

Is this repayment to the RNG gods for my 5/1/0 5* Thanos? Fair trade, I guess?

I have 4 yellow Wasps, the only color I don't need. I am trying really hard to not do the math to see how improbable those pulls were.

I think the problem is vaulted characters. Normally I wouldn't mind because I have older characters champed, so I dump the cover onto them. It feels like it's back to the start again with the RNG rage of trying to finish new characters when you have one color maxed thanks to the huge influx of them now.
  • BruJr2
    BruJr2 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Its really crazy how much this happens, too. I only recently got the colors I needed to champ Peggy, and that was only because I busted my a** on "Rocket and Groot" (risking the ire of my wife). Prior to the event I had 2 Red, 4 Blue and 5 Yellow, so I needed T5 to get the colors I needed.

Prior to that, I had sold (and I kept track) 12 additional yellow covers (the last 7 of these were in a row!!). So, total draws are 2 red, 4 blue and 17 yellow. If I just calculate the odds that the last 7 were all yellow, statistically speaking there was less than a 0.1% chance of that happening.

And I had the same thing happen to me with RHulk!! In this case, I had 5 purple and 5 red, but only 2 green (making him absolutely useless), and this persisted through a total of 10 additional draws (in this case, the chance of this happening is 1.7%) - I ultimately caved and spent the 120 CP - and a good thing, too. I still haven't seen a green RHulk, and he is now level 275)
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    now that we're only pulling from 12 options, this is going to happen a lot.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I've got 7 covers for my 5/5/2 Carol on the vine and have sold several already. I got both greens when she was released and have only pulled black/yellow since. Sucks. I took her to 250 and keep 100k ISO on hand to champ the second I ever pull a green.
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Ha, I had 8. Luckily I also had her fully covered and it was just a case of getting the ISO.

Right now my very own 5/5/2 level 250 Carol has 3 dying on the vine.

I've got 3 C4rol greens in my queue. Let's make a deal!
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    These posts are so correct, it is worth repeating them:
    jredd wrote:
    TeamStewie wrote:

Anyone wanna take bets that it doesn't even get acknowledged?

Oh, and to this:
    Aweberman wrote:
    irwando wrote:

Agreed. I don't quite understand why so many people are so reluctant to spend 120 CP to enable champing.

That's a fair stance to take when you're only missing one cover. Would you be so dismissive if you had, for example, an 0/3/5 on your hands? That's a whole lot more than 120CP, my friends.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    El Satanno wrote:
    These posts are so correct, it is worth repeating them:
    jredd wrote:
    TeamStewie wrote:

Anyone wanna take bets that it doesn't even get acknowledged?

Oh, and to this:
    Aweberman wrote:
    irwando wrote:

That's a fair stance to take when you're only missing one cover. Would you be so dismissive if you had, for example, an 0/3/5 on your hands? That's a whole lot more than 120CP, my friends.

apparently i need to read all the posts before posting. worth reiterating though.