Comments

• Bennydrill
    Bennydrill Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I've only been receiving one bonus tile from having 12 black, Android
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This was also happening when I was using Fist in the No Good News PVP, since he's boosted. Sometimes I'll get three tiles, sometimes four, even though I meet the 12 black AP requirement.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options
    JablesMc wrote:
    Just a question, if you punched before firing IF greenflag.png , did you spend enough black to dip under 12 AP?
    ???

Fist of K'un-Lun doesn't spend Black AP.
    Good point. I thought he meant icon_lukecage.pngblackflag.png
  • rg72
    rg72 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Glad I've stumbled across this thread as I thought I was going mad.

I've been experiencing this with IF, across Simulator, and now in Thick as Thieves\Family Reunion.

Using IF with 3* Strange and whichever required character (Blade (Modern), Mystique and Storm (Classic)) and had this happen a more than a few times.
  • TPF Alexis
    TPF Alexis Posts: 3,826 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Haven't noticed any sort of pattern that I can point to, but I've also been having the issue with both Patch and IF. It is occurring over multiple events, both PvP and PvE, but that's as much as I can say about it.
  • ruyen
    ruyen Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Options
    Been happening to me all through TaT PvE, running mostly oml, fist, SL. I thought the latter's AP reduction buff might have been causing it, but I can see it happens to you guys not running with him. I guess I'll make a ticket too, but good to know it's not just me.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Tombstone wrote:
    Hey guys, the team is doing everything they can to try and reproduce this issue, but so far they've been unsuccessful with the current information. If you haven't already, please do send in a support ticket that details your encounter with this issue. In your ticket, be sure to include your username, device information, the team's you and your opponent used, and the actions taken just prior to encountering the issue. I know that some of you have said that this issue seems to occur at random, so if you cannot remember every step that you took, that is perfectly fine.

If you're unsure of how to reach Customer Support, you can use the following the link to contact them: https://d3go.com/mpq-support
    One of my alliance members has also seen this issue and has a couple screenshots. I'll ask him to submit them.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been having this issue too, sometimes getting 3 strike tiles when I should be getting 4 (at 12 or more black AP), but I'm at a loss as too what causes it in the matches I've played. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it, I've even had enough green to fire it two times in a row, giving me giving me 3 strikes both times but I can't seem to find any possible cause other than maybe an odd number of black AP (had it happen at 13 and 19 black AP) and that seems rather unlikely as an explanation to be honest.

Good thing there aren't any other bugs currently in the game... Oh wait... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Before
    Screenshot_20170321_133753.png

After, had sufficient black.
    Screenshot_20170321_133804.png

Should have got 4 tiles. Only got 3.
    Screenshot_20170321_133818.png
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Is it possible that you're now getting overlapping when selecting the guaranteed tiles and the tiles from bonus AP? That would explain the apparent inconsistency of this bug.

For example, say you have the skill set to get 2 + 2 strikes. You had red on all four corners, and nowhere else, and your guaranteed two were selected as the top two corners. If your bonus selected the bottom two, it would appear to be working correctly. If your bonus selected the top two again, you'd only get two strikes. If your bonus selected the left hand side, you'd only get three. It seems as if the bonus tiles may be getting the same random placement as a guaranteed, and you end up with the same tile getting set to a strike twice (which isn't possible, so you just end up with less than you should).
  • MunitionsFrenzy
    MunitionsFrenzy Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    firethorne wrote:
    Is it possible that you're now getting overlapping when selecting the guaranteed tiles and the tiles from bonus AP? That would explain the apparent inconsistency of this bug.
    It would, but a similar issue is happening with Patch's Best There Is and that shouldn't have the result you're describing. I've consistently seen 2 enemy Strike tiles being created and either 1 or 0 allied tiles created, even on boards with 10+ basic Red tiles available. The chance that the two allied tiles chosen would overlap with the two enemy tiles chosen is only 30.6%, yet I have literally not seen two allied tiles created by Best There is even once since the new update, out of at least twelve times firing the ability.

It's possible that this is just due to my horrid luck, of course, but...
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've also experienced this issue with IF Green recently.

I'm running a 5/5/3 build, and never getting the full 3 bonus tiles when using Green with >12 black in reserve. Mostly getting only 1 bonus Strike tile, sometimes 0 (so 3-4 tiles total).
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've seen this issue at least 6 times with both 3* fist's shou-lao's fang strike and patch's best there is.

At first i thought it was due to other special red tiles already on the board until it happened several times without any.

I will mention that i have not seen this bug affect 3* panther's battleplan or patch's berserker rage, possibly indicating that this bug only affects abilities that create red strike tiles.

Here are 3 screenshots that show the board directly after firing patch's best there is ability, without getting the proper number of red strike tiles, with nothing on the board that would prevent proper placement.
    Screenshot_20170317_035308.png
    Screenshot_20170317_153515.png
    Screenshot_20170321_150532.png
  • Theghouse
    Theghouse Posts: 315 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Perhaps admins can rename this thread to a more appropriate title, as this affects multiple abilities that drop red strike tiles.

I can also note that using 3* blade throughout the venom bomb pve, I have not seen an issue with his passive ability which creates red strike tiles. This bug could possibly be limited to activated abilities which create red strike tiles.