Making Hulks Black Alliance only is screwed up.

Options
2»

Comments

• over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    ^ You don't have to have a strong roster to be accepted, but you have to be pretty active/have most of the characters to be able to take part in all events.
  • Part of the issue with not rotating rewards is that even though I consider myself to have a fairly decent roster and be a pretty good player, I'm in an alliance with various friends. Not all of those friends have good rosters, and some are more casual players. As things stand, I'm left with two options - stick with my friends and acknowledge I'm going to miss out on all the alliance reward covers, or ditch my friends and try to find a more competitive alliance. I'm loyal so I'll stick with my friends, but if the alliance rewards don't rotate, I feel I'm almost being punished for that. That's not the kind of thing I would expect from what effectively is a mobile, casual game.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Jdberia wrote:
    More importantly, the allowance of Alliances with maxed slots to dominate. I am not good enough, i.e. my roster is not strong enough, to be accepted into a larger alliance to potentially pick up some of the better rewards. I want to be able to have a shot at some good rewards without having to drop a ton of money for HP to buy covers.
    I'm curious: what does your roster's A-team looks like? As locked said, many larger alliances vet members based on activity, not pure roster strength.
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    I'm loyal so I'll stick with my friends, but if the alliance rewards don't rotate, I feel I'm almost being punished for that. That's not the kind of thing I would expect from what effectively is a mobile, casual game.
    If you're treating it as simply a "mobile, casual game," wouldn't you not really care about the alliance covers?
  • I think Alliance activity is far more important than having a collection of uber roosters.

(note: error kept for sheer entertainment value and mocking comebacks)

Howlers opened the doors wide open to any and all - and have done suprisingly well in almost all Alliance events, top 50 in many. There are a lot of folks in the Howlers who would not have the proverbial snowball's chance at all three covers under the old reward system - yet here we are.

I think "Isolated" is a very inspiring alliance - all the folks who weren't invited to play with the big dogs formed their own alliance - and they are doing well.

If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em.
  • HailMary wrote:
    DaveyPitch wrote:
    I'm loyal so I'll stick with my friends, but if the alliance rewards don't rotate, I feel I'm almost being punished for that. That's not the kind of thing I would expect from what effectively is a mobile, casual game.
    If you're treating it as simply a "mobile, casual game," wouldn't you not really care about the alliance covers?

If you're talking generically, then yes I would imagine that the casual players don't care that they are missing out on alliance rewards. However, how is it fair that they (and everyone not in a top 100 alliance) miss out on the same reward over and over again? The simple answer is that it's not fair at all.