Making Hulks Black Alliance only is screwed up.

Options
Clintman
Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
Guys, please rotate these rewards, it really is not fair to make the same color covers unavailable to people who aren't in top alliances. The last event with hulk had black as Alliance reward too.

Comments

• hamsingame
    hamsingame Posts: 66 Match Maker
    Options
    Seconded; rotating the rewards is clearly a good idea. Probably going to have 5 red covers in captain america *** as well and, like, 2 blue -_-
  • They did flip the green and red though which is interesting. Just didn't move the black.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk black twice is bad enough, but Lazy Cap Blue _five_ events _in_ _a_ _row_?
    That's beyond stupid.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    IceIX had originally implied that rewards would be rotated to Lazy Thor for the second Heroic event. Looks like someone forgot to change rewards at the back end.
  • Don't we all remember trying to make this argument for the lightning rounds? Hood yellow anyone? How did that one turn out... icon_e_confused.gif
  • From the very second alliances were announced it was clear it would be a case of "go alliance or go home". Games just cannot resist this type of horseshoe.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Don't we all remember trying to make this argument for the lightning rounds? Hood yellow anyone? How did that one turn out... icon_e_confused.gif

I was always ok with that. Considering they used to be every week (villains) it was nice to at least keep some of the individual covers a little more rare.
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Don't we all remember trying to make this argument for the lightning rounds? Hood yellow anyone? How did that one turn out... icon_e_confused.gif

I was always ok with that. Considering they used to be every week (villains) it was nice to at least keep some of the individual covers a little more rare.

Holy **** beezer sorry to throw this topic off the rails but you are in nevada!??! me too! lol henderson represent! ;P
  • sms4002 wrote:
    Holy **** beezer sorry to throw this topic off the rails but you are in nevada!??! me too! lol henderson represent! ;P

ha. yeah, up in Reno, my best friend in middle school was born in Henderson. Go Pack!
  • sms4002 wrote:

ha. yeah, up in Reno, my best friend in middle school was born in Henderson. Go Pack!

F.UNR. But seriously, yeah, hulks black and stuff. icon_lol.gif
  • There can surely be no other excuse for a lack of reward rotation, other than sheer laziness? Can a developer (IceIX...) explain why the rewards are typically static in their positioning?
  • It's fairly apparent. The 'second round' of events are meant for the eastern hemisphere to have a better shot at prizes. Which is why they double up on the same ones,
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    It's fairly apparent. The 'second round' of events are meant for the eastern hemisphere to have a better shot at prizes. Which is why they double up on the same ones,

Toxic, I think the question is geared more along the lines of why is the second event featuring hulk rewards locking the black into Alliance only rewards. Rotating would make things more reasonable. I can understand giving alliances first shot at the rare covers, but you have to make them available at some point. It is pretty terrible to have to rely on an uber rare random chance to draw that hulk black if you need it.
  • Clintman wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    It's fairly apparent. The 'second round' of events are meant for the eastern hemisphere to have a better shot at prizes. Which is why they double up on the same ones,

Toxic, I think the question is geared more along the lines of why is the second event featuring hulk rewards locking the black into Alliance only rewards. Rotating would make things more reasonable. I can understand giving alliances first shot at the rare covers, but you have to make them available at some point. It is pretty terrible to have to rely on an uber rare random chance to draw that hulk black if you need it.
    Well, another way to get a rare cover, if you already have one, is to straight up buy it. And to buy the 10x packs for a better chance, if you don't. They probably purposely limit certain covers to stimulate spending
  • gobstopper wrote:
    Clintman wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:

Well, another way to get a rare cover, if you already have one, is to straight up buy it. And to buy the 10x packs for a better chance, if you don't. They probably purposely limit certain covers to stimulate spending

But that was an option before alliances existed so it doesn't change anything in this discussion. Clint is correct, having the same reward for both 'rounds' of an event is fine and the whole point, but the two unrelated tourneys in which Hulk is a reward both have black going to alliances... seems messed up.
  • It's not unrelated. Like I said, if their goal was to limit certain covers, they would consistently limit them on all fronts instead of doing an about face with alliances.

Or, if their goal was to stimulate alliance participation and thereby alliance-slot purchasing, again they might consistently have certain in-demand covers alliance-only.
  • I'd think they just haven't bothered rotating covers for alliance rewards due to laziness as opposed to any ulterior motive to keep black covers out of people's hands.

No matter what the motive is, the alliance cover should definitely rotate.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem is that it encourages people to join alliances with random people on the internet instead of with real life friends. Join with 4 real life friends and miss out on covers? Or join larger alliance with people I'll never meet? One option encourages players to spread the game to their friends; the other does not.
  • T_REZ5000
    T_REZ5000 Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    I'd think they just haven't bothered rotating covers for alliance rewards due to laziness as opposed to any ulterior motive to keep black covers out of people's hands.

No matter what the motive is, the alliance cover should definitely rotate.

I don't think it's due to laziness because they did switch the green and red covers. Last time hulk was a reward, top 50 was a green cover. Now top 50 is red.

Regardless, they really should rotate black as well. I got tired of consistently hitting top 5 in pvp and ending up with 5/5/0 characters. So I tried getting into a few 15-20 man alliances today but have no luck so far.

Seems like big alliances only want people with multiple maxed out 3*s. But I can't do that unless I get into an alliance to get those covers. Quite the catch 22 the devs have created with these alliance exclusive covers.
  • Nighthawk81
    Nighthawk81 Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
    Options
    abuelo wrote:
    From the very second alliances were announced it was clear it would be a case of "go alliance or go home". Games just cannot resist this type of horseshoe.

More importantly, the allowance of Alliances with maxed slots to dominate. I am not good enough, i.e. my roster is not strong enough, to be accepted into a larger alliance to potentially pick up some of the better rewards. I want to be able to have a shot at some good rewards without having to drop a ton of money for HP to buy covers.