Revolt Against the Update

Options
13»

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I also said that the guys at the top coalitions who can occasionally be persuaded to buy a card now and then are not whales. 

The whales are the ones biting at the scalable sales like crystals and jewels. Top coalition members who have in the past already filled up their powerful mythic collections aren't buying those in the foreseeable future unless we have massive nerfs or power creep. 

Even if everything went back the way it was, Fiddler for example still won't be buying crystals and jewels for packs. At best he buys the individual cards as they come, which while expensive is not an ideal main source of income because it is limited and unscalable. 
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Speaking from personal experience, despite having quite a large collection, I would spend embarrassing amount of money on chasing specific cards. I think I spent around $200 JUST going after Olivia last December. It's my impression that a lot of the top players here are the same. If you've got disposable income, you tend to spend it on your hobbies and supporting games that you like. 

I see the current problem being that a lot of us feel like that money is no longer worth the product we're paying for. We still WANT to spend cash on the game... it just feels like we're being ripped off now.
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,237 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lagartha said:
    Speaking from personal experience, despite having quite a large collection, I would spend embarrassing amount of money on chasing specific cards. I think I spent around $200 JUST going after Olivia last December. It's my impression that a lot of the top players here are the same. If you've got disposable income, you tend to spend it on your hobbies and supporting games that you like. 

I see the current problem being that a lot of us feel like that money is no longer worth the product we're paying for. We still WANT to spend cash on the game... it just feels like we're being ripped off now.

Yep. Every pw and the majority of mythic cards, but now I'm not buying anything.
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Whales are whoever D3 define them to be, not how we define ourselves.

D3's business practices are either hurting them at the moment, or they aren't, and we've no real way of knowing one way or the other, have we?

In the mean time, Not. Another. Dime.