Ultron done

Options

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    While I understand the scaling for high 4's and 5's are bad,

These threads always kinda fight that idea.

As you go further up the teams that weaker alliances rely on become less effective, thus significantly reducing their clear time, if they can clear at all.

But alliances with stronger rosters finish with time to spare.
    Scaling only hurts them on the sub missions. The boss, on the other hand, is much easier to deal with, and they can opt for the strategies that work for other players, unlike Kaecilius. And Boss Rush scaled too, didn't it? I imagine it feels great to greet a boss that gave you trouble before and show it what real power is.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:

As you go further up the teams that weaker alliances rely on become less effective, thus significantly reducing their clear time, if they can clear at all.

You can still take on Ultron with lower rosters. The top alliances are at the top because their members are committed and cooperating to clear all the nodes optimally, as they become available.

A filthy casual like my alt who can play only once a day in an alliance of other filthy casuals of course has trouble getting the job done.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is what I love about these forums. Instead of a well done KA, we get hate and shaming...

Never change everybody.

Congrats KA Jedi.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:

You can still take on Ultron with lower rosters. The top alliances are at the top because their members are committed and cooperating to clear all the nodes optimally, as they become available.

A filthy casual like my alt who can play only once a day in an alliance of other filthy casuals of course has trouble getting the job done.

The time based scaling hurts the weaker rosters.

also at round 6~7 the boss does like 12K or so IIRC.

so if they don't have someone tanky who has good damage or board control and have teams of 2 who can also handle the time scaled side missions, it kinda becomes a strong wall for weaker rosters.

It's great that they finished it, but if the people with some of the strongest rosters in game couldn't i'd be worried.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    chaos01 wrote:
    This is what I love about these forums. Instead of a well done KA, we get hate and shaming...

Never change everybody.

Congrats KA Jedi.

well you get discussion because it's posted on the forums.

Kinda how posting on a forum work, topic gets posted, people discuss it.
  • spiderpool
    spiderpool Posts: 76 Match Maker
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    chaos01 wrote:

Never change everybody.

Congrats KA Jedi.

well you get discussion because it's posted on the forums.

Kinda how posting on a forum work, topic gets posted, people discuss it.

He says "we get hate and shaming " and you say "well you get discussion" as if hate/shaming = discussion.

Have these forums gotten so negative that we can no longer tell the difference between hate and discussion, because there is a difference.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    GurlBYE wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

The time based scaling hurts the weaker rosters.

also at round 6~7 the boss does like 12K or so IIRC.

so if they don't have someone tanky who has good damage or board control and have teams of 2 who can also handle the time scaled side missions, it kinda becomes a strong wall for weaker rosters.

It's great that they finished it, but if the people with some of the strongest rosters in game couldn't i'd be worried.

I've not had much time to play, but my alt account's alliance are somewhere in round 7 and my alt can still beat Ultron on and off with a half-champed 3* roster. On my main account where we have finished round 8 the resident 4* players have also comfortably passed full personal progression.

Also, if everyone plays the refreshes and doesn't miss clears, you can be finished well before the side node scaling goes crazy.

Edit: A N00b successfully took out Round 8 Ultron with IM40/3Pool/IF. Doesn't aways work out because bombs, but should still be able to put in consistent dmg and progress.

Hoard all the ap and concentrate on matching bombs. If there are few yellow in the lower rows fire recharge. Hopefully you have 12 black and/or lots of purple. Fire IF as many IF green as you can fire all the 3Pool red. Mop up with IF purple punches.
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wasn't this supposed to be the thread where alliances post when they finished the last round, like we have one for every single Boss event? KA always amongst the first.

To steer this back to intended:

Elysium finished not long after KA. Before the 10 am reset (posting this at 10 pm, so about 13-14h ago)
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Medusas Lair and Medusas Coven finished it with 40hrs to spare.
    Medusas Muse finished it 12 hrs later
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Daiches wrote:
    Wasn't this supposed to be the thread where alliances post when they finished the last round, like we have one for every single Boss event? KA always amongst the first.

To steer this back to intended:

Elysium finished not long after KA. Before the 10 am reset (posting this at 10 pm, so about 13-14h ago)

Thanks, Daiches, for bringing the topic back to its intended purpose. I'll only snipe you 4 times next time in in s4...lol...j/k.
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    for the first time my alliance has a chance. it's slim. but we usually give up after rd 7 so that's cool.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu I finished with 43h remaining. Dormammu II about 6 hours later.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Oceans 20 finished earlier this morning. I was asleep when it happened so not 100% sure how many hours were left.

Congrats to KA for finishing first and to everyone else that finished.
  • Gari
    Gari Posts: 92 Match Maker
    Options
    please dont start a trend. If everyone who cleared round 8 started a thread youd have to skip 2 pages just to see anything else. Ultron is by far the easiest. A lot of people didnt do it fast because they have something called a life
  • nonnel
    nonnel Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So much hate. Let the joy into your heart. The game is meant to be fun, and we all have our inter webs trophies...

I know what will cheer you up, go google cat memes. Fur and funny words will make any day better
  • elvy75
    elvy75 Posts: 225 Tile Toppler
    Options
    nonnel wrote:
    So much hate. Let the joy into your heart. The game is meant to be fun, and we all have our inter webs trophies...

I know what will cheer you up, go google cat memes. Fur and funny words will make any day better

cat memes you say?

http%3A%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fgallery%2Fcatmemes%2Fserious%2520cat.jpg
  • deadtaco
    deadtaco Posts: 409 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    lowincomethugs finished for the first time, feels good.
  • tfcrazy1980
    tfcrazy1980 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Much respect to anyone who plays this until the end regardless of finishing or not, it isnt easy and gets nerve wracking, seeing how far your team can go is a nice reward in itself, congrats to everyone who can stick it out until the end.
  • MojoWild
    MojoWild Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Yay?

10 character min
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My 7 member (5 active daily) casual alliance got the the third Hawkguy cover. GO US!