Who's your A-team?

Options
Dormammu
Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
My A-team is Black Panther (5/3/5), Hulk (5/3/5), and Classic Magneto (5/4/4)

Advantages:

1) Two tanks in BP and Hulk

2) Full rainbow of AP usage

3) Two 'bombs' with BP's black and Magneto's purple

4) The ability to quickly re-arrange a bad board with the Hulk's green and Magneto's blue/red

5) Viable against PvP as well as PvE (Magneto's blue is a life-saver in PvE with it's ability to override goon countdown tiles)

6) It's a good defensive roster which likely generates a few skips

7) BP's yellow offers good usage for sometimes-useless environmental AP

Disadvantages:

1) Limited strike/attack-tile capability (BP's yellow is decent, but hardly elite)

2) The Hulk doesn't get out in front enough to fully utilize his Anger

3) Poor purple match damage

4) No AP-theft or healing.

Comments

• I have to ask, dream team or current A-team that we already possess?
  • My A-Team includes Patch, Punisher and Cmags... Lots of strike tiles, lots of cascades... I also love being able to choose to use judgement or berserker rage based on the situation... Cmags overwrites purple strike tiles or ends games... Retribution for the finish icon_e_biggrin.gif

B-team includes Psylocke, Daken and Hulk... 3* Daken may make this my A-Team with his blue (?)
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'm still in 2* country so my A-Team is CStorm (5/5/3), MNMags (3/5/5) and either ASWolverine (5/3/5) or OBW (5/3/3) depending on who I feel like running or what the opposition is.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    Doragon wrote:
    I have to ask, dream team or current A-team that we already possess?

I was thinking the team you possess, but there are no hard and fast rules here. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I'm still a noob, so

Ares (5/3/5)
    Thor (5/5/3)
    Black Widow Gray Suit (2/3/4)
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Patch (141) + Magneto (116) + Hood (89).

I'm usually not a person to play FotM ****, but those were just the first two heroes I got full covers for. Patch was the only 3* in recent memory where they'd hand out enough covers after he was released. Well right now they are handing out Cap covers like candy too, but I still think Cap is c*ap. And Magneto I could farm in LRs. Patch is too suicidal to play him without Mags or Loki or Spidey. I chose Mags.

I want to build BP next, but I'm stuck at 2/2/3 until he is a tournament reward again. I also have a 5/1/5 Punisher at level 105. But I tend to use Magneto instead since I nearly always need surgical tile removal, be it for goons or against other player's strike tiles. And Hood feels like a better complementing third than another green and a third red.
  • My current A-Team is:

Punisher (5/5/3)
    Black Widow Grey Suit (5/3/5) OR Black Widow Original (3/5/5)
    Spider-Man (3/4/3)
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    All right then. 2* - 3* transition, soft capping all my 3* characters at L85...

Thor (5/5/3) + OBW (3/5/5) + Daken (5/5)/Patch (3/4/5)/ Punisher (3/5/2)

Advantages
    Covers the full rainbow in terms of match damage.
    Excellent single target damage, combined with the ability to generate Green using Thor means more strike tiles regardless of Daken/Patch/Punisher.
    Double dipping into strike tiles because of Espionage.
    Strike tiles add to the secondary target damage of Call The Storm so L5 isn't all that necessary,
    Functional healing and stealing.

Disadvantages
    Misses out an active ability in Black unless I use Punisher, and if I do, I lose out on Espionage on Black matches.
    It's a 2* team - any other 2* team can beat it with zero damage taken if they run their own OBW... One unlucky cascade that generates 8 Purple AP and they're screwed though.
  • OBW - Healing and stealing
    Patch - Healing himself and hurting
    Punisher - Supporting and hurting

Tank Team(Switch out OBW)
    Black Panther - Black RAGE!
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    LThor - 3/5/3 L115
    BP - 3/3/4 L102
    C.Mags - 3/3/5 L115

Strengths: two big tanks, two big AoEs, MagTrans single-target nuke, C.Mags B tile overwrite/cascade, rainbow team.

Weaknesses: strike tiles, heal, steal, stun. Occasionally, I sub in OBW for C.Mags to add heal/steal while keeping the rainbow and the two big AoEs.

I started playing PvP just as the torrent of Patch covers was ending, so I've got no usable Patch. Punisher was actually what I was aiming for as my first usable 3*, but he's only at 2/3/3 so far.
  • Dormammu
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    LThor - 3/5/3 L115
    BP - 3/3/4 L102
    C.Mags - 3/3/5 L115

This is an interesting team. I have been considering subbing LazyThor in for my Hulk (see: original post) because of the absolute high-damage output potential. Nothing fancy, no tricks, just damage of every color.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    This is an interesting team. I have been considering subbing LazyThor in for my Hulk (see: original post) because of the absolute high-damage output potential. Nothing fancy, no tricks, just damage of every color.
    Yep, pure brute force.

Also, I only have a 3/4/3 Hulk. If I had, say, at least a 3/3/5 Hulk, I'd probably use him.
  • Current team: Patch 118, Spidey 122, Punisher 133
    Patch tanks, Spidey stuns, Punisher punishes
    I think people underestimate the them, I've gotten quite some def victories.

My dream team currently would be:
    Black Panther, Lazy Thor and Lazy Cap.
    23k health and pretty much game over on 4 different colors.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    Current team:

L141 3/5/5 Patch
    L115 Doom
    L101 3/5/5 Spidey

Not the fastest team, but has rainbow coverage (although no active purple skill) and high chance of success. Would sub in a L117 DD for defense for a laugh.

Would like to replace Doom with Black Panther as and when I get full covers for BP.
  • My current team, designed for maximum damage output is...

110 Patch 3/5/5
    110 Lazy Thor 5/4/4 (will be respecced to 4/5/4 or 3/5/5 when I get more covers)
    110 C Mags 5/2/5

This team works well as Mags takes blue and purple for both board control and huge one hit power, Thor takes yellow for green generation, while red and green will be shared between Patch and Thor depending on the situation.

Depending on who I'm facing, I might bring in my 60 Spidey 5/5/3 for stunlocks and healing. I've also got a 85 Black Panther 3/1/5 who will likely become part of the main lineup when he's over 100. Will swap him for either Patch or Thor depending on the opposition. That would give me rainbow coverage on all powers and a lot of health for the opponent to chew through.
  • My A Team is

Spider man 101 - 5-4-4
    BWGS 101 - 5-2-5
    Punisher 100 - 3-4-5
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hannibal, Faceman, B.A., Murdock... oh, sorry.

I'm still in the 1-2 star transitional phase so my main team is:

IM35 (50) [5-5-3]
    M.Storm (50) [5-5-3]
    M.Widow (40) [5-5]

I have a secondary team of MN.Thor (42), C.Hawkeye (30) and Juggernaut (30), but they're mainly used as backup if one of my A-team dies and I don't have a health pack. My Daken is shaping up to take a spot on my eventual 2-star team but he needs more ISO.
  • Currently 141 Patch, 141 Hood (or Spidey), OBW. Punisher is a safe alternative for Patch sometimes as well.

I'm thinking about LThor and/or BP once I have all their covers or Daken once he's released, depending on how they work with Patch and/or Hood.
    CMags is great, but I can't stand watching his animations and don't use him outside of LR.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    My A-team is Black Panther (5/3/5), Hulk (5/3/5), and Classic Magneto (5/4/4)

Advantages:

1) Two tanks in BP and Hulk

2) Full rainbow of AP usage

3) Two 'bombs' with BP's black and Magneto's purple

4) The ability to quickly re-arrange a bad board with the Hulk's green and Magneto's blue/red

5) Viable against PvP as well as PvE (Magneto's blue is a life-saver in PvE with it's ability to override goon countdown tiles)

6) It's a good defensive roster which likely generates a few skips

7) BP's yellow offers good usage for sometimes-useless environmental AP

Disadvantages:

1) Limited strike/attack-tile capability (BP's yellow is decent, but hardly elite)

2) The Hulk doesn't get out in front enough to fully utilize his Anger

3) Poor purple match damage

4) No AP-theft or healing.

Looking at your disadvantages I have a question. The Hulk if you position him as the center character should tank red for C.Mags and black for BP, and he has green, so you should have Hulk tiles for 3 colors.
    1 Spot Hulk: Red, Black, Green
    2 Spot BP : Yellow, Black, Purple
    3 Spot Mags: Blue

Having 3 tiles should be enough. And limited strike tile, I agree, however, BP does have the best in the game, but...if you are getting Anger cascades, you run the risk of it being blown up so I'm not sure that's a huge disadvantage.
  • For PvP I am running with 141 Patch/141 Punisher + 141 C.Mags + 141 Spidey. I am also building up my LazyThor and BP covers to sub the last two respectively.

For PvE I usually have Hulk + Patch + OBW