Who's your A-team?

Options

Comments

• Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have said it before, all you really need are 6 lvl 141's. Once you get a core lineup, the game gets much easier, because I don't so much believe in an A team, so much as the most optimal team.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I have said it before, all you really need are 6 lvl 141's. Once you get a core lineup, the game gets much easier, because I don't so much believe in an A team, so much as the most optimal team.

That's very sensible but not much fun for this topic. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Patch Wolverine, The Hood, The Hulk

Scary scary team. The Hood is great for stalling. Yellow is great for targeting tiles/gaining AP. Black is there for the extra tick with strikes tiles. Patch Wolverine + Hulk is a really mean combo. Any number of enemy strike tiles causes a ton of black-counters to come out. Free AOE damage with Patch's strikes? Dead team. So scary on defense. People aren't super scared of Wolverine, but Hulk's ability to just cascade greens at the last moment really makes him solid on defense.

Lack of Pink/Blue powers kind sucks, though...
  • OzarkBoatswain
    OzarkBoatswain Posts: 692 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Current A-Team:
    Patch 3/4/5 level 128
    Lazy Thor 2/4/4 level 102
    OBW 3/5/5 level 85 (max)

I only use Lazy Thor for his yellow ability, and another yellow cover would be a big improvement. No active black abilities.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dormammu wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:

That's very sensible but not much fun for this topic. icon_e_wink.gif

Well fine then icon_e_wink.gif My A team right now is Patch 141, Punisher 141, L.Thor 112. It's just pure raw damage, period I will sometimes take out Patch and put in Lvl 90 C. Mags
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Well, my A-Team escaped from a maximum security prison, they are Hannibal, Face, Murdoch, and B.A. Baracus.

Oh...in the game...currently it's Punisher, Spidey and a random depending on my opponent.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well, my A-Team escaped from a maximum security prison, they are Hannibal, Face, Murdoch, and B.A. Baracus.

Is there an echo in here? icon_lol.gif
    CNash wrote:
    Hannibal, Faceman, B.A., Murdock... oh, sorry.
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:

Is there an echo in here? icon_lol.gif
    CNash wrote:
    Hannibal, Faceman, B.A., Murdock... oh, sorry.

Haha, I'm still at work so I only skim each topic on my phone.
  • A.Wolvie 85 - 5/5/3, OBW 69 - 3/5/3, Thor** 85 - 3/5/5. The best I have so far. I also have a CStorm 72 - 5/5/3 but for now I'm going with stealing and healing. All colors are covered for match damage. Thor's yellow feeds green to Wolvie's very cheap ability. OBW's purple helps to charge Wolvie's red quicker. I use CStorm if I'm playing against a Hulk with plenty of black covers. She is paired with MN Mags then.
  • My fastest team is patch, cmags and hood. They generate ap, and don't need much to begin with. I have yet to find a team that I cannot down with this team composition.

Right now, i've got patch replaced with cap for his tourney. I like this team a lot too. It's a much better defensive team, with two nukes a good amount of hp and no free strike tiles for my opponents. I haven't encountered a downside to this team, but I imagine the ai will be lame with the red and blue ap, leaving defensive wins up to cmag. Still, I guess it's better than being beaten by someone with mstorm, mbw and jug to tank the patch hit.
  • I'm smack in the middle of my 2*-3* transition so my A-team is in flux.
    Haven't had much time to try these out proper.

Option 1
    Psylocke (125) 5/5/2
    OBW (85) 4/4/5
    Thor (85) 3/5/5
    - It has healing, stealing, strike tiles and big damage

Option 2
    Psylocke
    BP (89) 2/3/4
    C.Storm (85)/MN.Mags (85)
    - With C.Storm I can do almost anything with blue, defend, attack and steal. Black damage can be adjusted to the situation. If I have strike tiles then psy katana. If there team are all alive then rage. Storm stays in the back except with green.
    - With NM.Mags I have a blue battery that can shake up the board and use purple, but Mags blue and red are wasted and I've no idea which ability the AI might decide to use on defense so I might swap in C.Storm or Thor just to deter people.

Still no idea how they will fare on defense as psylocke only got her covers from recent PvP and has only been used in Venom event.
  • GigerHR
    GigerHR Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I currently run Patch 141 (5/3/5), C.Mags 141 (4/5/4) and OBW 85/Spidey 100/Hood 90 depending on the composition of the other team, and whether or not Mags needs healing. I think Hood will become a more permanent fixture once I get him properly covered (4/4/5 right now, working toward 5/5/3).
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine's the time-honored classic MNThor/A.Wolvie/OBW all now at 85. I generally stick with Wolvie/OBW with a featured character or sometimes MNThor/MStorm. My LazyThor is 1/4/4 and Shieldbro is 3/3/3 so I may soon be using them once I get more iso/covers.
  • My A-team

L.Thor (3/5/5) L113
    Spidy (3/5/5) L100
    C. Mag (3/4/5) L102

Too bad i am missing the rainbow (no black power). My punisher is only (3/4/1) and BP is only (4/1/2).... which is not good enough
  • Patch (5/3/5), C.Mags (5/3/5), and Spidey (3/5/5)

I hate myself so much..
  • Patch 141 Punisher 141 OBW 85. I hate having a 2 star in there, but OBW does so much damage with Strike tiles and espionage. My Spidey also isn't leveled past 70 and I've stopped using him because stunlock is too slow for PVP. I have IM40 at level 136... But still not sure I'd sub out OBW for him.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm running lazy cap. Thor and hood atm and loving it. As an aside I find it interesting how few people are running spidey as their a team over hood and obw.
  • Droc76
    Droc76 Posts: 56
    Options
    141 Hulk 5/3/5
    141 Cmag 3/5/5
    85 OBW 3/5/5

I just like using OBW to help with purple DMG and reduce downtime. I would like to eventually add a patch but I still need covers. Also I'm debating on spending HP to up the blue on my Cmag. He's still tough but I keep reading his blue is insane at 5.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In the future, it's going to be LazyCap + Falcon, and one of Punisher, Hulk, Human Torch if I want all 6 colors covered. Or Hood, Patch, Lazy Thor, Lazy Daken, or Black Panther if I'm fine with just 5 colors being covered.
  • I use 141 Punisher, 125 IM40, and a 114 BWGS. Has reasonable synergy, solid health, and good damage capability. I'd like a replacement for IM40, but haven't gotten the covers I need. My only options right now are Psylocke, Hulk, and Spidey, the first 2 will cap at 105, and spidey could get to 141, but I don't hate myself enough to level him.