What is Killing Your Team in Heroic Venom?

Options
13»

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Bewilder actually saved me a couple of times on the first pair - particularly whenever Yelena was around. I don't think Psylocke actually managed to grab useful AP but swiping 12+ purple at a time made a huge difference in a couple of nodes.
  • Limited roster is definitely the prime problem, the origin point of the other problems.

I have an IM and Wolverine maxed, but otherwise am switching between a 53 Psylocke and two-cover Torch. It is an okay roster, but limited in its color coverage and -- worst of all -- absolutely no tile clearing. Kicking myself for selling off modern Storm for roster space! At the time I thought, well, it saves me 450 HC. And I have a better Storm anyway. But now we see how she can be needed. My philosophy generally is to have every hero because you never know when you'll need them, and boy is that a good idea in retrospect.

Even having just said that, NO BAG MAN EVER!!! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • My biggest issue today has been Venom fed Purple by goons leading to effective perma-stun of the whole team.
    Combined with the limited roster it's hard to deal with.
  • I was struggling early on the Yelena + 2 goon fights since I was focusing on the goons first. Then I started focusing on Yelena first and it got much easier (I still die a lot though because of bad boards).
  • Where is the option for "not enough time to play?" ;-p
  • When it comes down to it, assuming you have the covers to actually compete, all losses are the result of "Board Failure". Enough Red/Green/Crit combos and you win, not enough and Venom wins.

I was playing the last mission (Dakken, Venom, Ragnarok) and I lost with my main team of Human Torch, Wolverine and Hawkeye so I sent in the B squad to also die, get a bit of scaling working in my favor. Ironman 35, Storm, and Black Panther. They actually won. The amount of red tiles that fell was staggering, and Ironman was able to down Dakken solo with Repulsor beams. The board can be either cruel or kind.
  • Other. Low GAF particle count in my urine recently. I assume its related to too much time being spent outside and eating good fat rich foods. As such, whenever I get pissed off and and urine rushes to my brain (see: science smrts) I don't have enough Give A F***s in my brain to keep playing.

Worst part, is the cranial urine flow seems to be occurring just by reading about the event...so I haven't even had to play it. I did a total of one match of each and 10 extra matches total on the normal event and 3 matches total on the second event. Somehow got a top 20 and a top 250...rubberband ligation of the lead forthewin?

Side note: while I haven't started this grouping, one of the few matches I did play last grouping (and the only I think I lost) was a lvl 60 bp, 85 wolvie, 1/1/1 ht losing to lvl 30 bullseye, yelena, muscle despite using boosts. I don't think I had EVER lost to someone with a lower team lvl than me before. So if I had to pick, I would guess limited selection. Usually a mildly decent mag/spidey/patch/punisher and a number of others are enough to dominate. This event, the closest you have to board control is Bagman. That's like trying to explain to a patient that the prognosis sounds worse than it is and the deforming burns only went from your head to your ankles. Foot models rejoice?
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just wanted to pop in and admit that I die to pretty much every team thinking that I don't have to heal up my HT before the fight, then he dies, and I think NP, BP can take em, but then they survive the 12 black strike and I am left trying to kill off the baddies with match damage, then BP dies and I nearly chuck my iPad at something.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    SaintJimmy wrote:
    Limited roster is definitely the prime problem, the origin point of the other problems.

I have an IM and Wolverine maxed, but otherwise am switching between a 53 Psylocke and two-cover Torch. It is an okay roster, but limited in its color coverage and -- worst of all -- absolutely no tile clearing. Kicking myself for selling off modern Storm for roster space! At the time I thought, well, it saves me 450 HC. And I have a better Storm anyway. But now we see how she can be needed. My philosophy generally is to have every hero because you never know when you'll need them, and boy is that a good idea in retrospect.

That's basically what I'm running though I don't have IM fully covered (sold him instead of Storm icon_e_wink.gif ) and I only have one Torch cover but even with Storm I'm struggling because every one is looking for green AP and there's never enough to go around. I've got no one really using yellow (apart from a passive regen) because IM35 isn't a high enough level to be practical and no one using purple at all. Guess what my boards are all made of...
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    SaintJimmy wrote:
    Limited roster is definitely the prime problem, the origin point of the other problems.

That's basically what I'm running though I don't have IM fully covered (sold him instead of Storm icon_e_wink.gif ) and I only have one Torch cover but even with Storm I'm struggling because every one is looking for green AP and there's never enough to go around. I've got no one really using yellow (apart from a passive regen) because IM35 isn't a high enough level to be practical and no one using purple at all. Guess what my boards are all made of...
    Maybe it's just perception because of not having purple users, but I keep seeing boards that make my cry that I don't have OBW or Classic Mags. Meanwhile, the greens, reds, and blacks are non-existent.
  • Amatyr wrote:
    My biggest issue today has been Venom fed Purple by goons leading to effective perma-stun of the whole team.

This.
    Infuriating. In Deadly, you either match purple (which noone can use on the team), and Venom gets black, and stuns you every 2-3 turns instead of every turn, or you dont, in which case you are perma stunned.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    vetheran wrote:
    Amatyr wrote:
    My biggest issue today has been Venom fed Purple by goons leading to effective perma-stun of the whole team.

This.
    Infuriating. In Deadly, you either match purple (which noone can use on the team), and Venom gets black, and stuns you every 2-3 turns instead of every turn, or you dont, in which case you are perma stunned.
    It's definitely a PITA. I used two of the +50% damage to all enemies and went in with some boosts so I could use HT's red pretty quickly. With that, I was able to take out Venom in 2-3 turns, before he could start stunning.