Bag of Tricks Bonus Heroes odds

Rhycar
Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
My displayed bonus heroes odds on the Bag of Tricks token screen is showing up as 1 in 6 instead of 5%. Is this accurate? If so, it could significantly change the strategy of whether to use CP on this cover pack.

My apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I haven't seen it yet.

Comments

• DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    i saw that too. 17.1%? thats not trivial
  • alphabeta
    alphabeta Posts: 469 Mover and Shaker
    Be great to know for sure if these are correct odds or a content error before we all potentially make some purchase decisions
  • Boommike
    Boommike Posts: 122 Tile Toppler
    And I've got miles in my AvU tokens... maybe because he's featured?
  • DJSquiggy
    DJSquiggy Posts: 97 Match Maker
    yes, Featured characters are always in the stores.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is what the BH odds should be close to anyways. I can barely pull 5s with regular pulls, so don't know if it actually worth the 5 extra five CP for that increased rng inside rng chance.

Although the continued chances for.moon knight and Kate might be worth the 5 extra cp.
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Here's some small data.

Allymate spent 2150 cp. 12 Hawkeyes, around 10 4* bonus, 1 5* bonus.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Ruinate wrote:
    Here's some small data.

Allymate spent 2150 cp. 12 Hawkeyes, around 10 4* bonus, 1 5* bonus.

11/86 = ~12.9% higher than 5%, lower than 16.7%
    Inconclusive.
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    All anecdotal evidence from alliance mates and other friends points to these odds being legit. I would just really like to get confirmation before blowing 4200 CP on it.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I believe that LTs have higher odds of bonus pulls, because bonus pulls occur only when you pull a 3*, 4* or 5*. And since LTs are only 4*s and 5*s, then there's always a chance of bonus heroes.

Whereas other tokens have either a mix of 1*s and 2*s (standards) or else are mostly 2*s (heroics, elites and events), so those will not have BH unless you pull a 3* or 4*.
  • Kojubat
    Kojubat Posts: 142 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I believe that LTs have higher odds of bonus pulls, because bonus pulls occur only when you pull a 3*, 4* or 5*. And since LTs are only 4*s and 5*s, then there's always a chance of bonus heroes.

Compare the odds between a Bag of Tricks token and a Latest Legendary token instead of a Heroic. That will illustrate the question/comment.
  • broll
    Kojubat wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

Compare the odds between a Bag of Tricks token and a Latest Legendary token instead of a Heroic. That will illustrate the question/comment.

Yes the question here is that in game it currently shows the following odds:
    Bonus Hero from Classic Legends - 1:20
    Bonus Hero from Latest Legends - 1:20
    Bonus Hero from Bag of tricks - ~1:6

Is that a bug/typo or is the bag of tricks over 3 times more likely to grant Bonus Heroes than other CP packs? Will that be the norm for all single 5* packs? Why do the other two not have ~ when Bag of Tricks does?
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hmm, wonder if they give it better bonus odds since it has worse chance at 5*'s

Bag of Tricks 5* Math

3000 CP / 25 CP per draw = 120 draws
    120 draws * 10% = 12 "normal" 5*'s
    12 * (1/6) = 2 "bonus" 5*'s

12 + 2
    = 14 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Bag of Tricks 4* Math

120 draws * 90% = 108 "normal" 4*'s
    108 * (1/6) = 18 "bonus" 4*'s

108 + 18
    = 126 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Latest 5* Math
    120 draws * 15% = 18 "normal" 5*'s
    18 * (1/20) = .9 "bonus" 5*'

18 + .9
    = 18 to 19 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Latest 4* Math
    120 draws * 85% = 102 "normal" 4*'s
    102 * (1/20) = 5.1 "bonus" 5*'

102 + 5.1
    = 107 to 108 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Classics 5* Math
    3000 CP / 20 CP per draw = 150 draws
    150 draws * 15% = 22.5 "normal" 5*'s
    22.5 * (1/20) = 1.25 "bonus" 5*'

22.5 + 1.25
    = 23 to 24 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

Classics 4* Math
    3000 CP / 20 CP per draw = 150 draws
    150 draws * 85% = 127.5 "normal" 4*'s
    127.5 * (1/20) = 6.375 "bonus" 5*'

127.5 + 6.375
    = 133 to 134 star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

So, hard to say which is the best buy here. It really depends on how specific your 5* hunt needs to be. 1 character, 3 characters, or all the rest...
  • broll
    firethorne wrote:
    So, hard to say which is the best buy here. It really depends on how specific your 5* hunt needs to be. 1 character, 3 characters, or all the rest...

But one things for sure, if your hunt is for 4*s they took away the 'all the rest' option from all of the above icon_lol.gif
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Anybody remember what the Black Panther one was? Or Thanos? I really hit Thanos, I thought it was 20%. I didn't get a single Black Panther, so I don't remember.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I can contribute a sample size of 1; and received a Bonus Carol
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hi Everyone. It would appear that the 1:6 odds are not the correct odds for the store. The development team will be pushing out a change sometime later today to implement the correct drop rate.

Please take note that this is a bug with the actual drop rate itself, and not a graphical bug. We apologize for any confusion this might have caused.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    byc wrote:
    Anybody remember what the Black Panther one was? Or Thanos? I really hit Thanos, I thought it was 20%. I didn't get a single Black Panther, so I don't remember.
    Thanos was also 10%. I remember because I got a Thanos from each of my first two tokens, making me part of "the 1%"...

Personally, I never recommend pulling with CP from these 25 CP tokens with only a 10% drop rate. The increased bonus rate on these Hawkeye tokens is t enough to offset the 1/3 lower odds of a five-star.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    byc wrote:
    Thanos was also 10%. I remember because I got a Thanos from each of my first two tokens, making me part of "the 1%"...

Personally, I never recommend pulling with CP from these 25 CP tokens with only a 10% drop rate. The increased bonus rate on these Hawkeye tokens is t enough to offset the 1/3 lower odds of a five-star.

Thinking back, it must have been 10%. I spent a lot of CP on it and got 7 covers of him. Later on I got lucky and got another Thanos from LL.
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby wrote:
    Hi Everyone. It would appear that the 1:6 odds are not the correct odds for the store. The development team will be pushing out a change sometime later today to implement the correct drop rate.

Please take note that this is a bug with the actual drop rate itself, and not a graphical bug. We apologize for any confusion this might have caused.

SO, right now I can drop a bunch of CP (THAT I DON'T HAVE) and have a 1:6 chance for bonus characters?
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    You could be like me and get 3 bonus hero covers which were all in the color I didn't want. icon_e_biggrin.gif