Quake vault

2»

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    If MPQ had a colorless cover system or a way to respec a non-champed cover they probably would have gotten some real $$$ from me today.

Exactly the same. My vault also consists of a Blade and Switch cover, who I would have loved adding two more champion levels to, so I would have emptied the vault for a Quake green. As is, no money will part from my wallet.
  • Rob82092
    Rob82092 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    Seems likely I'll get it as my Quake is 3/5/4, but I'll wait until the weekend to see if I need to get points to roster Hawkguy first.

I'd massively prefer a 1x pull option, or another 3* in there for the price of it.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Was super excited when I saw the pop up for quake vault...

Then i pulled up the vault and it was blueflag.png

Then my 3/3/5 quake and I cried icon_cry.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    I'm saving my HP in case there's a limited Ultron vault this weekend. Probably not, but you never know...
    In either case, my Quake is championed and not in urgent need of more champion levels.
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    As with other posters, I was pretty excited to see the popup that the new limited vault was Quake. I jumped over, all ready to throw my HP at it, but it was blue, so nevermind. My 1/3/5 Quake will continue twiddling her thumbs.

Seems like a pretty big flaw in this system and unlike many things I gripe about, something that directly impacts D3's revenue in addition to my enjoyment.
  • Handoftheking26
    Handoftheking26 Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    Personally I don't think the vaults are worth it. But I also agree if i was at 2/5/5 on someone i wanted to champ and it was in the vault I would prolly do it. All the more reason to make the ONE AND ONLY 4* in the vault colorless...or at least a random color like they just had in the Coulson event.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quakes 7 Blue power is unappreciated. It's similar to Magneto's 8 Red to destroy all team up tiles or XFW 11 Black to destroy the enemies strongest color tiles; it does less damage, but the real power is reducing the color variety on the board, thus allowing for match-5's or cascades. And her power is cheaper and you can pick the color too! If you create a team to simply reduce color variety for massive cascades and match-5's, you could have a nearly infinite combo. I've done this with XFW, 3Mags and Loki to beat Boss Rush over and over.

So, I want to try the team of Quake, XFW, 3Mags. Blue, Red and Black all reduce color variety on the board, Quake's green shakes the board for even more cascades and match-5 setups; Mag's yellow produces protect tiles just in case. I guess you could switch out XFW with KK to produce more green for Quake's board shake. Either way, it should be a fun team to play, which is the point of this game anyways.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Personally I don't think the vaults are worth it. But I also agree if i was at 2/5/5 on someone i wanted to champ and it was in the vault I would prolly do it. All the more reason to make the ONE AND ONLY 4* in the vault colorless...or at least a random color like they just had in the Coulson event.

A random color (like in the featured PvE events) would be even worse, as you would spend the HP with no idea whether it would be a dupe color or not. Not everyone has the same color in the vault, so it's already a random color.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    When I woke up and saw the news I was all like QUAAAAAAAAAKE VAUUUUUUUUUUUUUUULT!!!####!!!!!!!. But then I saw that it was blue and didn't spend my thousands of hp because my quake is 1/1/4 and I'm probably going to get graham's numbers of blue tokens before I get another green or yellow so why bother?
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's really confusing how they haven't realized that having 1 of each color in these instead of 1 singular 4 star would instantly make them relevant to every player, hell it'd benefit them too.

- All possible colors
    - boosting a 4 star you haven't seen since their release event with 1 more cover in each color
    - Letting people spend to try and give them self a shot at crash of the titans.
    - 3 4 champ levels, with bonus' champ levels for whoever else is in.
    - A way to flush some of the "rush" of HP some of the higher tier players are feeling (hmm notice a lot of higher tier players mentioning seeing 1000HP per week come in, and they have everything rostered... and they have champs... and the pulls are 1000... hm.)
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Quake is 4/4/4 right now and I have 4K HP that I'm not otherwise going to use any time soon, so why not buy out the vault?
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    It's really confusing how they haven't realized that having 1 of each color in these instead of 1 singular 4 star would instantly make them relevant to every player, hell it'd benefit them too.

- All possible colors
    - boosting a 4 star you haven't seen since their release event with 1 more cover in each color
    - Letting people spend to try and give them self a shot at crash of the titans.
    - 3 4 champ levels, with bonus' champ levels for whoever else is in.
    - A way to flush some of the "rush" of HP some of the higher tier players are feeling (hmm notice a lot of higher tier players mentioning seeing 1000HP per week come in, and they have everything rostered... and they have champs... and the pulls are 1000... hm.)

Do you want to pay 8-10K HP for these vaults, because that's what would happen if you did that. 80 cover vaults (aka PvE vaults) have 3.85 4 star covers and cost about 20K to clear out.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    1/1/5 Quake here, and a blue Quake cover along with no 3* Strange in mine means there's nothing that interests me. If they would offer us one free reset of the vault each time around it go a long way toward mitigating the disappointment from these disappointing vaults.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    my quake is only 1/1/1...but also 5 captain marvel covers and only two covers i'd say are possibly useless (not championing Ares until i get my 13th x-23 cover)
  • Cousin Simpson
    Cousin Simpson Posts: 1,086 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Quake is 4/4/4 right now and I have 4K HP that I'm not otherwise going to use any time soon, so why not buy out the vault?

... except now that I see the Hawkeye vault, I can't buy a single pull.
  • FaerieMyst
    FaerieMyst Posts: 319 Mover and Shaker
    So far the vaults have either been covers I need or have championed. I will happily buy out the vault.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I bought out the vault mostly because the only "useless" Tokens were two two stars
    (and I had buttloads of hero points left over)
    bMjuiQJz.gif
    outta here, kids