Quake vault

tgibbs40
tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Yes, it still sucks that there is no 1 pull option. But I had a Quake blueflag.png in my vault and it allowed me to take her to 4/4/4.

3 pulls = 3000 heropointsbig.png

And I've got a nearly champed Quake and got a 3* Thanos blackflag.png in there too.

Not what I'd call a good deal, but I took it.

Comments

• DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    The vaults are niche and even moreso with bonus characters. I would have kept the 3K HP and just set Daisy as a bonus champion since any cover would have gotten her to max. I think the biggest audience for these vaults are people who have a character at 1/5/5 or 2/5/5 and think trying to pull the cover is better than spending 120 CP. That or they're trying to make sure that situation doesn't occur. I had Cyclops at 5/4/2 and decided to buy his blue cover last time just to prevent getting myself into a 5/5/2 situation and I think it was worth it.

The prices aren't unfair, because I think there is a market for them, but given that it's a small audience and only released weekly, I'd be interested to see what kind of action they're getting on them.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    The vaults are niche and even moreso with bonus characters. I would have kept the 3K HP and just set Daisy as a bonus champion since any cover would have gotten her to max. I think the biggest audience for these vaults are people who have a character at 1/5/5 or 2/5/5 and think trying to pull the cover is better than spending 120 CP. That or they're trying to make sure that situation doesn't occur. I had Cyclops at 5/4/2 and decided to buy his blue cover last time just to prevent getting myself into a 5/5/2 situation and I think it was worth it.

The prices aren't unfair, because I think there is a market for them, but given that it's a small audience and only released weekly, I'd be interested to see what kind of action they're getting on them.

I totally agree that these are better for people with 5 covers in one or more colors. I picked up the Quake for exactly that reason. Took her from 5/3/2 to 5/3/3.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    This would have been a great deal when there were less than 20 4 stars. There are way too many now for these to be awesome deals.

They are just lucky deals for people who happen to need the cover atm.
  • rainkingucd
    rainkingucd Posts: 1,388 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 4/0/5 Quake made me super excited when I saw the in game pop up.

I was 100% ready to empty that vault for my first quake yellow.

Ouch icon_e_sad.gif
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Now that Quake has been removed from classics, vaults like this seem even more insidious and predatory. I'd really like to finish my Quake, but I'm not going to reward this behavior.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler

Fair points. I have everyone except 5* Thanos (WANT!), 5* Panther (indifferent), 1* Storm (not adding), and 1* Venom (not adding). So basically I have a bunch of heropointsbig.png that will either grow or sit there.

I decided my best choice for getting the covers I need/want would be to start using them to add covers from vaults. I am not going to use them on packs, but that is an entirely different topic altogether.
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Quake is at 1/0/3, so if I spent the HP for that Blue cover, she would be 1/0/4, which is bad for future growth, so I'm skipping it. I'd rather save my HP for the next vault.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    If you have the hp to burn and need that cover, these are not unreasonable. I considered going for this one since I'm at 2/4/1, but then decided that since I'd still need 5 more covers to champion her, it's just not worth it to me under the new system.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I need a green, so this was an instant pass.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would happily spend HP on this Quake vault, as I really like Quake and want to cover max her. Plus, there's a Dr. Strange cover in there that would get him to 183 and score me a Nova cover as a champ prize.

But the Quake cover in my vault is blue and my Quake is 1/3/5 - so its useless to me.

If MPQ had a colorless cover system or a way to respec a non-champed cover they probably would have gotten some real $$$ from me today.
  • Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    My 4/0/5 Quake made me super excited when I saw the in game pop up.

I was 100% ready to empty that vault for my first quake yellow.

Ouch icon_e_sad.gif
    So much this!!! I would empty that vault too for a greenflag.png or yellowflag.png (3/4/6 Quake) icon_cry.gif
    Why can't we have simultaneously 3 vaults, one for each color? This is exactly why I still never empty those vaults... always the wrong color for me.
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    Hey, they jsut saved me 2600HP by not offering a yellowflag.png cover! Thanks!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Mine is 4/2/4. Might have tried the vault if it had yellowflag.png but with the 2 new character releases, I'm glad to hold on to my hp for roster spots.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    If it had been a chance at my first greenflag.png or (*gasp*) colorless were a thing, might have spent some money today. Not happening for a blueflag.png , though.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    firethorne wrote:
    Now that Quake has been removed from classics, vaults like this seem even more insidious and predatory. I'd really like to finish my Quake, but I'm not going to reward this behavior.

I don't find these vaults to be predatory. I earn so much HP now (between events and the Shield Intercepts) that it's nice to have a targeted sink for it. This way, I at least get something I know I can use.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think vaulting the characters was their way to try and increase the value of the vaults. Or to punish us for not liking them. icon_lol.gif
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,111 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:

I don't find these vaults to be predatory. I earn so much HP now (between events and the Shield Intercepts) that it's nice to have a targeted sink for it. This way, I at least get something I know I can use.

Agreed, I would rather spend my excess HP on a 20 item vault than the 80 item ones or cover packs. But this particular vault is not useful to me.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I liked Quake from the show and when she first came out, her yellow was talked up so much on these boards as the best counter to team damage that I made sure I earned her wherever I could find her and champed her ASAP. She is integral in beating harder story nodes with kishus and muscles AND not needing 3 health packs immediately afterwards. So as with any of these past 4* vaults, they are mostly champ levels for me. However, if my Quake still needed yellow, I'd buy out that vault bc to me, she is a must have character that can mitigate my future story (PVE) grinds even if she's not boosted. This isn't Elektra or Mr. Fantastic. I'd put her on the same level of must have 4*s like Peggy, Iceman, Rulk, Jean Grey
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Lol of course the Quake is Blue, mine has 5 blues and 0-0 . it's like they don't want me to spend HP icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Lol of course the Quake is Blue, mine has 5 blues and 0-0 . it's like they don't want me to spend HP icon_e_smile.gif

Mine's 3/4/5. Still, I'm kinda glad. She's level 250 and that's enough and I'm desperately struggling to find a way to get at least one red Star Lord cover before the three covers in the bank need to be sold.