Bonus Heroes/Vaulting= Evolving Metagame

13»

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    Let me reapeat myself.
    As a guy with no 4* champs, I'm interested in 5 guys that are no longer in the LT pool. My odds for getting one of their covers went from 1/9 (5/45) to 1/20.

So, that's the fact for me.

Actually it's even less than that. There is no cover pack that offers exclusively 4* so there's a chance your 1:20 ends up being a 5*. 5% * 85% = 4.25% or 17:400. It gets even lower if you favorite more than one or some of them have 5 covers.

Since the new system dropped I've opened. 70 Legends packed and gotten 2 bonus covers 1 5* and 1 4*. 2:70 is less than 3% and of course the one 4* was the only cover that character had 5 of... huzzah
  • GoTron88
    GoTron88 Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    broll wrote:
    Alsmir wrote:
    Let me reapeat myself.
    As a guy with no 4* champs, I'm interested in 5 guys that are no longer in the LT pool. My odds for getting one of their covers went from 1/9 (5/45) to 1/20.

So, that's the fact for me.

Actually it's even less than that. There is no cover pack that offers exclusively 4* so there's a chance your 1:20 ends up being a 5*. 5% * 85% = 4.25% or 17:400. It gets even lower if you favorite more than one or some of them have 5 covers.

Since the new system dropped I've opened. 70 Legends packed and gotten 2 bonus covers 1 5* and 1 4*. 2:70 is less than 3% and of course the one 4* was the only cover that character had 5 of... huzzah

This is an especially tough pill for me to swallow. I've accumulated 20 LTs so far and 1300 CP, and was just on the verge of transitioning into the 4* realm. I have about 12 4*, with an average of 3 covers each at the moment. I was super looking forward to opening my hoard pretty soon to expand my collection. Now I feel like I'm essentially locked into the twenty 4* that they have in the vaults, given the low probability of getting anything else from bonuses. Such a kick in the pants.

They should really come up with a better way of changing the meta without affecting cover collection. Maybe change the meta through events, not the vaults. Maybe altering events is more difficult, but changing the vaults just seems overly lazy. Probably don't even need to change PvE events. Seems like the game "meta" is geared towards PvP anyway.