How likely are you to recommend the game?

Options
2»

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Magic wrote:

Kate is amazing but she will be out in a week (along with MK) and replaced by Mordo and Coulson. Open discussion if they are very good (Coulson seemed good to me on paper but after playing with him I am not that sold anymore - might need the proper covers). I've never seen a person praising Agent Venom and Spider-Woman is meh to me. So we are looking at Peggy (is she next to rotate out?), Medusa and Carol as the most reliable option. And as you say - any game breaking new addition later on. Not really encouraging. But there is an easy fix - they can make all 12 in the pool always boosted.

I should have probably take that last bit back as we would be back in the Thorverine times - this time it would be Peggymarvel or Marveldusa or Mecarter. Nerf bat would soon follow.

Coulson is a pretty outstanding support character im sure when you've covered him you'll see his value. Spider-Woman is great, I have her champed and do not regret it at all. If you look through the character sub-forum then you'll see some praising agent venom (though I disagree). Mordo I'm not keen on.

Even still with 4 of the pool being good (Carol, Medusa, Coulson, Cage) would give you a 40% chance of pulling something useful vs a 27% chance of pulling a t10 cover in the old token pool, so that's still better.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2017
    Options
    broll wrote:
    I was expecting them to send a poll out again after they did with DDQ change. Since the didn't I'll create one here.

After the DDQ I put 7. Now I'm at 0. Why? This change is exponentially worse the lower the players roster is and is only truly good for the top % that have all/most 4* championed. New players are going to have a much harder time getting the characters required for the following features:
    - DDQ Dat Required Character / The Big Enchilada
    - DDQ Behemoth Burrito
    - DDQ Clash of the Titans
    - PvE required characters

It will be exponentially harder to ever get a point where they are truly competitive in PvP.

I wouldn't necessarily recommend existing players to quick, I absolutely would not recommend anyone new to play it with badly they've messed up the meta.
    I was at 0, now I would be at probably a 7. Why? This change makes it exponentially better for new players to catch up and compete at a high level. New players are going to have a much easier time getting the characters required for the following features:
    - DDQ Dat Required Character / The Big Enchilada
    - DDQ Behemoth Burrito
    - DDQ Crash of the Titans
    - PvE Required characters

And with always pulling the 12 newest 4*s they will have maxed 4*s much sooner than previously. Really a great change for the game.

You are making a very large assumption that everyone WANTS then new 4*s....I clearly missed all the posts clamoring for Mordo, Coulson, another Carol, another Blade, RiRi Williams (who lost to Medusa in the MPQ poll but was forced on us anyway), speaking of Medusa...wasn't there a lot of complaining when she was considered the "best option" of the poll MPQ sent players???

That's half the "12" that I'm not sure people really wanted. If new players don't like the "12" and they realize it will be difficult to get the players they want then there won't be new players!

Edit: I forgot the 2nd 4* Venom! Everyone wanted another 4* Venom! Now we're up to 7/12!
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options

I've already recommended the game to people and will continue to do so. Especially with the newer changes the game has been introducing to make the Deadpool Daily, easily the best way to get covers for newbies, even better. PvE's also getting better with the amount of covers they're throwing around in there with the SL lvls.

Besides, it's a free game that's meant to be played in short bursts, not something to base your life around. Pay no attention to my 1,614 hours on Steam. icon_lol.gif
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I was at 4, I am now at 5.

Pro's:

1) at least they are trying to implement new things. Even if the changes still need tweaks, it is better than sitting still in my opinion. Trying and failing is always better than sitting on your butt
    2) In a vacuum, I think bonus heroes will help me and others. I do think it needs to be better still, and more changes need to be made to it, but it can work
    3) I understand some people don't like the new DDQ because it forces you to have every character. If you don't have every character, I am sure it is frustrating. But the way I look at it is this... we all complained that we only use the same characters all the time. There was no real "prize" for trying to form a complete roster. I did it anyways, and now it is paying small dividends.

Con's

1) I think they need to increase the % of when you win bonus characters, solely because I got 3 in day 1 (opened about 20 tokens), and zero in day 2 (opened about 30 tokens). On day 1, my token odds also seemed better, I was getting 3's from elites and heroics more often, and I even got a 3* from a standard token. Day 2? Back to the **** old way
    2) "vaulting" is back, which many people don't like. I enjoy the occasional Peggy/Kate covers I have been getting out of my classic LT's, but my hulk buster and my red hulk are suffering for it. Again, if they increased the odds for bonus characters, this pain could be mitigated.
    3) I very much fear that these two changes will be the last we see for a while, at least of any big changes. I would be OK with that if they tweaked it a little, as I said. Increase odds of bonus characters, maybe make DDQ rewards a little more enticing (or give better DDQ rewards based on shield ranking?).
    4) the character pool is still very large. The changes don't do enough work to help people build a team, we need more help! Recommending the game means someone needs to start from scratch right now. With this character pool? And how hard it is to get them? A new player would be screeeeeeewed
    5) we still have to rely on RNG 99.9% of the time to make true progress. 4* are still too hard to come by, 5* are still mythical creatures. Bonus characters were an attempt to help with this, but it is merely a masquerade. If we need to rely on luck to earn a bonus hero, then all we did was eliminate the RNG of the character chosen, but add in RNG of when it will happen.

So, I didn't start with a high threshold, but I did increase a little bit. They tried to help. It wasn't a complete failure, but it wasn't a homerun either. I look at it as a foul ball/balk. Something was attempted, it didn't turn out perfectly. Let's do better to fix it now!
  • n25philly
    n25philly Posts: 426 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    mexus wrote:
    Why even keep playing a game that infuriates you to the point you wouldn't actually recommend the game to a friend?
    I mean I wouldn't recommend German pork sausage powdered with curry to anyone - for the same reason why I'm not eating it myself.

When the actual survey for this came out after the DDQ change came I rated it a 7 stating that the main issues were the time involved and issues with character choices as there are too many dupes and lame characters being added instead of ones the player request over and over again.

If they sent it out now with vaulting implemented it would be 0 as this is just pure greed trying to force everyone on a resource intensive treadmill in hopes of forcing you into a shortage in hopes that you pay up to keep up. No thank you on that.

I'm waiting for their response. If it involves keeping vaulting I won't keep playing, period. If they bring back the banished characters then my opinion will likely go back to what it was before.
  • babinro
    babinro Posts: 771 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm up to an 8 now I'd say (previously 7).

They keep making changes that feel positive for new players. This new vault bonus heroes system seems great for anyone starting the game today as it helps give them a direction of what to keep versus what to sell.

As before I feel the game completely breaks apart for vets (read as "people who have probably spend 1.5+ years playing). I feel like this game has a whole host of problems surrounding its 4-5 star transition and 5* tier experience. While these things may fundamentally break the game in the end I'm also confident that you could recommend this to someone and they'd have a good time for a solid YEAR. That's huge.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mexus wrote:
    Why even keep playing a game that infuriates you to the point you wouldn't actually recommend the game to a friend?
    I mean I wouldn't recommend German pork sausage powdered with curry to anyone - for the same reason why I'm not eating it myself.

Terrible analogy.
    I love lobster, my best friend hates it. I wouldn't recommend lobster (or any seafood) to my best friend because I know his tastes.
    I hate potato salad, but my wife loves it so if someone recommended a potatoe salad to me I would pass that recommendation on.

Just because you like something doesn't meant it's right to recommend it and vice versa. When I originally voted 7 it was mostly because there are only a subset of people I would recommend the game to due to high time requirements and the fact that puzzle games aren't for everyone. Today I vote 0 because as pissed as I am by this change, I'm unlikely to quit because I already feel so invested, but I wouldn't recommend the game to anyone now because I feel that these changes will make the game much worse for new players and better for older players.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I voted the usual. "Happy" to see I'm on the "winning" team. Hoping for even lower options on future polls.

What do I recommend to friends? To not play these kinds of games. I shouldn't. No one should. Invest your time in productive, educational endeavors.

Completely agree
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'll just post my review I left for the current version. I played for a month, liked the old version enough to buy hp for roster space and then they slapped me in the face by artificially locking away the best heroes that veteran players were always using, sticking me with thier new but worse characters. 1 Star. Hopefully the people at d3 can fix the issue and I can change it back to a 9.