I'm about sick of the infinite symbiote snare

Options

Comments

• gamar wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:
    I, too, like the goons feeding AP but they need to be more aware of certain combos (snare being a BIG one). I had a match where I went from mostly full to down to my last char having ~150 health without a turn as Venom cast 4x snares in succession.

I think they're FULLY aware of that combo. As in, "Reversal of fortune, Spidey-Users!!!!"

BUT I NEVER USE SPIDEY icon_cry.gif
  • BearVenger
    BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Milkrain wrote:

My roster:
    Psylocke 112 (5/5/2)
    HT boosted to 110 (0/1/1)
    BP 89 (2/3/4)

Enemies were in the 60ies.

All but HT were downed. A fight against level 60ies with that roster should not be that close.

The double-catch in that is those are 3* characters, and aside from 2* Wolverine, the only ones with any offensive impact. When they go down, it's a 50-minute burn on top of their health regen.
  • The thing that's bugging me most about this PvE is how little *synergy* there is to the low end of the roster.

5 heroes competing for red AP. Wolverine and Storm, the two most useful low-end characters, directly competing with each other for green. No useful purple abilities at all. No Thor, which in a city environment renders Storm pretty suspect. Three pretty useless blue abilities. One comparatively weak yellow and one that requires a leveled three-star.

Seriously, unless I'm shelling out for Psylocke and BP, my useful offensive abilities are exactly 1. Wolvie Green 2. Wolvie Red and 3. HT Red.

A single one or two star BW or two star Thor would make all the difference in the world.
  • snare hurts my feelings icon_e_sad.gif
  • The thing that's bugging me most about this PvE is how little *synergy* there is to the low end of the roster.

5 heroes competing for red AP. Wolverine and Storm, the two most useful low-end characters, directly competing with each other for green. No useful purple abilities at all. No Thor, which in a city environment renders Storm pretty suspect. Three pretty useless blue abilities. One comparatively weak yellow and one that requires a leveled three-star.

Seriously, unless I'm shelling out for Psylocke and BP, my useful offensive abilities are exactly 1. Wolvie Green 2. Wolvie Red and 3. HT Red.

A single one or two star BW or two star Thor would make all the difference in the world.

Althogh Modern Widow's Agressive Recon is a bit expensive AP-wise, Widow's Sting is hardly useless. Stun target opponent for 5 turns, the rest of the team is stunned for 1 turn for 9 AP.
  • Modern Storm, Black Panther, and Wolverine or HT has a pretty coverage of all colors minus purple.

Of course, if you're missing Black Panther, you're pretty much unable to cover 3 colors, and that's painful.

Defense Grid is surprisingly good, especially when Venom does his Magneto/Spiderman impersonation of taking 6 turns in a row, you really need those protect tiles to just stay alive and until he finally runs out of purple APs.
  • Bugpop, I agree with you about modern widow - I'd be happy to see her as part of this lineup. She's not available though.

It's possible I'm underrating BP. Mine is a capped Lvl 20 1/1/1 though, so he's not of huge use to me at the moment.
  • Bugpop, I agree with you about modern widow - I'd be happy to see her as part of this lineup. She's not available though.

It's possible I'm underrating BP. Mine is a capped Lvl 20 1/1/1 though, so he's not of huge use to me at the moment.

BP is the star of this event, though not at 1/1/1.
  • poontree wrote:
    kevind722 wrote:
    if they want balance, open up the rosters and let me used the charaters i've put effort into leveling

I think their goal of this Heroic is to make people spend $$$ on covers for HT, BP, and Psylocke. Oh, and spend $$$ on health packs too. icon_evil.gif

Jokes on them. I don't have to outrun venom, I just have to outrun the other guys in my bracket! Lol. It's like a game of chicken, you don't have to spend money as long as the other guys veer first. If they start using a semi instead of a Volvo...you might be in trouble though.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    The only thing worse than 3 turns stunned in a row is adding in Godlike Power and Thunder clap with Daken strike tiles for good measure.

It felt like Rags was unnerfed for a couple missions as the cascades keep coming.
  • This is the first time I have ever thrown my phone. 5 health packs. Boosts. Nothing. Thanks D3!! If harassing your playerbase is what you strove to accomplish, then /success
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think I must have had a very favorable board and killed venom quickly the first time I played that mission cause when I first saw this thread I thought maybe people were complaining a little too much. Well last night I decided I'd go ahead and try it again for a few extra points since it wasn't so bad the first time. First few turns didn't generate enough red for wolvie to take out venom and then I just sat there while CDs ticked down and venom stunned/ate all my guys. FUN!
  • I think this is what we are to expect from heroic.
  • Bugpop wrote:
    I think this is what we are to expect from heroic.

Yes, it is what we should expect. That's exactly why I'm just gonna sit and hope that there will NEVER be another heroic. Literally every single time they put out a heroic instead of a regular Pve, I nearly quit the game because they are so crazy horribly ridiculously NOT FUN. Pair them with some lame pvp tourneys that also carry sub par rewards and what do you have? The last 4-5 days of miserably excruciating MPQ experience. Forget going into round 2 of the heroic! Just remove them from the game forever before I lose my mind from boredom! The only reason I probably haven't been hooked on another game during these **** events is the fact I don't wanna deal with the learning curve again for a new game ATM. Seriously though, we've has how many heroics? 4? 5? Oscorp heroic was easily the worst event ever released in MPQ history with every other heroic ever released being a close 2nd/3rd etc etc. they are horrible! Stop limiting our rosters! This is sooooo stupid. Lol

Ok I'm done venting. Back to trying to find something to keep my interest in this game while this **** event is finishing up.

P.S. Heroics are frkn stupid as hell!!!
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't know my bp is a decent level and with max wolvie sand storm I haven't had any nodes that were impossible. I think people need to understand that heroics especially at deadly are hard. You aren't going to win every time. The thread got a little derailed and yeah that venom fight sucks but well the Thor fight in the last simulator sucked too but they are both beatable.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Copps wrote:
    I don't know my bp is a decent level and with max wolvie sand storm I haven't had any nodes that were impossible. I think people need to understand that heroics especially at deadly are hard. You aren't going to win every time. The thread got a little derailed and yeah that venom fight sucks but well the Thor fight in the last simulator sucked too but they are both beatable.

I want this to play anytime storm is in a match

http://youtu.be/nqLArgCbh70
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    r0cky143 wrote:
    poontree wrote:
    kevind722 wrote:
    if they want balance, open up the rosters and let me used the charaters i've put effort into leveling

I think their goal of this Heroic is to make people spend $$$ on covers for HT, BP, and Psylocke. Oh, and spend $$$ on health packs too. icon_evil.gif

It's not just that, i think they want to make people try other characters. From a business standpoint its smart. It forces diversity and distribution of ISO. Plus, who knows, maybe you will fall in love with a character you rarely use and start using him more.

Its almost a deterrent to trying to min/max your team. and brings them to the fold.

I don't mind trying out new characters but I find two issues with the ones available:

First, no one should ever be forced to use Bag-Man. He's a piece of **** and he knows it.
    Second, the complete lack of color diversity between the available characters. There are too many overlapping abilities.
  • The only color that isn't covered is purple with the characters available.

Of course it probably doesn't help that Black Panther effectively covers 3 colors by himself but it's not like people didn't know he's overpowered.
  • at least if the devs are going to force us to play characters they should fix them. bagman and mhawkeye are NOT fun and complete jokes. it wouldn't be too difficult to make a few QoL changes to make them viable or at least make them boosted. and seeing how i don't have enough BP and psyloche covers to make them useful to any degree in this event i've been forced to pump my mstorm and mhawkeye full of iso that other characters could have used, just to remain competitive to some degree in this event. lame.
  • All they would have to do to make Mawkeye much more viable is to give him the ability to place his red and blue skills, including over countdown tiles.
    Imagine what a difference it would make. I suspect people would gladly level and use him vs PVE goon nodes.
    As is, I suspect people begrudgingly roll him out and use him at whatever low level they've decided to waste ISO on, when everyone else in the roster is down.

I actually used my level 9 Bagman for the goon only nodes. Leveling was not required as his skills don't scale. However, they are relatively useful* to extend, freeze or match countdown tiles when there are no villains on the other team.

*I say relatively useful in the context of this limited roster PVE event. It's only like 2 nodes as well.