I'm about sick of the infinite symbiote snare

Options
followed by morale boost after morale boost. Congrats devs you've made the game no fun.

Comments

• Do you need some advice or are you just venting? I'm not a fan of the goons feeding the dark avengers AP but if you need advice I suggest posting the available characters in your lineup with level and ability info (i.e. Level 60 bag man 3/5/5).
  • mostly just venting. i had venom down to 146 life i get nailed with sybiote snare in succession along with several morale boosts while he's matching black. the BAM deand grenade and my team is gone before I even get another turn
  • Bugpop wrote:
    Do you need some advice or are you just venting? I'm not a fan of the goons feeding the dark avengers AP but if you need advice I suggest posting the available characters in your lineup with level and ability info (i.e. Level 60 bag man 3/5/5).
    Oddly, I'm actually a fan of the "goons feeding DA's AP" mechanic. Otherwise, those fights would be ridiculously boring. Sure, a balance needs to be maintained, but I haven't come across any missions yet that I haven't been able to beat (eventually - a couple did wipe my team my first try).
  • if they want balance, open up the rosters and let me used the charaters i've put effort into leveling
  • kevind722 wrote:
    if they want balance, open up the rosters and let me used the charaters i've put effort into leveling

I think their goal of this Heroic is to make people spend $$$ on covers for HT, BP, and Psylocke. Oh, and spend $$$ on health packs too. icon_evil.gif
  • i get it, but they went too extreme. "we're changing the rules and limiting your rosters. and oh by the way no new rewards...same 20 ISO". heck they even reduced the rewards in the regular mode
  • franckynight
    franckynight Posts: 582 Critical Contributor
    Options
    kevind722 wrote:
    i get it, but they went too extreme. "we're changing the rules and limiting your rosters. and oh by the way no new rewards...same 20 ISO". heck they even reduced the rewards in the regular mode

so true..
  • poontree wrote:
    kevind722 wrote:
    if they want balance, open up the rosters and let me used the charaters i've put effort into leveling

I think their goal of this Heroic is to make people spend $$$ on covers for HT, BP, and Psylocke. Oh, and spend $$$ on health packs too. icon_evil.gif

It's not just that, i think they want to make people try other characters. From a business standpoint its smart. It forces diversity and distribution of ISO. Plus, who knows, maybe you will fall in love with a character you rarely use and start using him more.

Its almost a deterrent to trying to min/max your team. and brings them to the fold.
  • r0cky143 wrote:
    IIt's not just that, i think they want to make people try other characters.
    I actually like being forced to try out some other characters. It's just that scaling seems to think you have access to your standard character pool, essentially ruining the whole event for quite a lot of players. Really a shame, if scaling had been reset for everybody at the start of the event we'd likely not be staring at the sorry remains of what used to be an addictive game. Still hoping that they'll release a stealth patch that will treat their player base more fairly, preferably before too many wander off due to lack of things to do.
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    r0cky143 wrote:
    IIt's not just that, i think they want to make people try other characters.
    I actually like being forced to try out some other characters. It's just that scaling seems to think you have access to your standard character pool, essentially ruining the whole event for quite a lot of players. Really a shame, if scaling had been reset for everybody at the start of the event we'd likely not be staring at the sorry remains of what used to be an addictive game. Still hoping that they'll release a stealth patch that will treat their player base more fairly, preferably before too many wander off due to lack of things to do.

This actually makes a lot of sense. I see your plight now. Being a newer player, I don't suffer from the same issue (still in 2* mode). So my scaling is relatively easy right now. (difficult lvl 54's)

There should be a way to adjust scaling due to the limited roster level ranking. I agree with that.

I have to say one of the more interesting things happening is that because of scaling, my 5 person guild with mostly new players will more than likely end up top 100 in the difficult section of the events. We won't break top 4000 in normal however. Kinda odd.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    I, too, like the goons feeding AP but they need to be more aware of certain combos (snare being a BIG one). I had a match where I went from mostly full to down to my last char having ~150 health without a turn as Venom cast 4x snares in succession.
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    I, too, like the goons feeding AP but they need to be more aware of certain combos (snare being a BIG one). I had a match where I went from mostly full to down to my last char having ~150 health without a turn as Venom cast 4x snares in succession.
    I did say balance needs to be maintained. There was one node in the past event (possibly the Sim event, can't remember) where Yelena was being fed purple AP from 2 goons. It felt like she cast Lethal Recon every other turn. That was painful.

Edit: Lethal, not Aggressive.
  • As for the issue of AP fed into abilities...I don't like the way that it makes certain abilities look more playable than they really are. Venom can't come anywhere near a stun-lock on his own...without lieutenants or spies. Invisible woman can barely use any of her abilities...without the appropriate back-up. When you see this stuff being spammed, it feels like a really artificial way to boost difficulty in the game. (Sometimes hilariously so.)
  • r0cky143 wrote:
    I have to say one of the more interesting things happening is that because of scaling, my 5 person guild with mostly new players will more than likely end up top 100 in the difficult section of the events. We won't break top 4000 in normal however. Kinda odd.
    Well, one of the changes for this event is that new players get far less community scaling than regular players. Meaning that as the event progresses, only those players already getting tough fights will see an additional increase in difficulty, even if they are not playing. If you can get some more new players into your alliance your chances are good you'll hit the topmost ranks. It's mostly a one-time bonus though, by participating in this event you use up your newbie goodwill, you'll get bypassed in the next event by the new players who have joined since then, even if you play harder. Unless the system gets changed again.
  • again, I maintain that it is not so much the difficulty as it is the lack of a true reward, and the limited roster for competitiveness.
  • MarvelMan wrote:

I think they're FULLY aware of that combo. As in, "Reversal of fortune, Spidey-Users!!!!"
  • kevind722 wrote:
    again, I maintain that it is not so much the difficulty as it is the lack of a true reward, and the limited roster for competitiveness.
    It wouldn't be so bad if you could chose the difficulty. I really can't think of which true reward you could possibly hand out to players who are currently stuck on the very first fight, scaled to a level that makes it absolutely impossible to beat.

There's also competition to consider, not just competitiveness. Even if the mission rewards would scale to some extent we are still all competing for the top placement rewards. It feels somewhat... unbalanced that the time it takes to beat a mission is pretty tightly related to scaling, with speed being the key factor determining who wins in the end. And no, increasing the mission points based on scaling isn't a solution here, the total number of points is pretty much limited due to refreshes, so the higher scaled players would win out in the end (provided they don't succumb to boredom).
  • Moghwyn wrote:
    r0cky143 wrote:
    Well, one of the changes for this event is that new players get far less community scaling than regular players. Meaning that as the event progresses, only those players already getting tough fights will see an additional increase in difficulty, even if they are not playing. If you can get some more new players into your alliance your chances are good you'll hit the topmost ranks. It's mostly a one-time bonus though, by participating in this event you use up your newbie goodwill, you'll get bypassed in the next event by the new players who have joined since then, even if you play harder. Unless the system gets changed again.

Well.... that's depressing.
  • The issue with chain-snare is that YOU, the player, don't get to play. I just did a fight like this and 4 turns in a row I could do nothing but watch. Then I get one turn and then chain snare again. Next time I'll go make some tea or bake muffins with all the time that I'm not playing.

My roster:
    Psylocke 112 (5/5/2)
    HT boosted to 110 (0/1/1)
    BP 89 (2/3/4)

Enemies were in the 60ies.

All but HT were downed. A fight against level 60ies with that roster should not be that close.
  • gamar wrote:
    MarvelMan wrote:

I think they're FULLY aware of that combo. As in, "Reversal of fortune, Spidey-Users!!!!"

Oh god I just pictured a Spidey/ venom node with a don feeding them blues, yellows, and blacks *shudder*