Who is going to Boycott the VIP due to the change?

2»

Comments

• whitecat31 wrote:
    Horrorshow wrote:
    So people complained about the draw rate for 5* classics, and D3 improved that by leaps. Now people are complaining about the 4* draw rates in legendary token packs, when they're already awarded in progression at a normal rate.

Seems like people just look for a reason to complain.

I'll keep my VIP and gladly welcome the new changes.

The 5 star draw rate was NOT improved. It was lowered from 15% to 14.25% That is what 1/7 is. That bonus chance, which translate to roughly 0.75% gives us that 15% again.

Actually, 1/7 odds are far greater than 1.5% Vlassic Legendaries before the change. The 15% mythical draw rate for 5* would only be legitimate if you drew 100 covers at 1 time. Otherwise, your draw rates would be 5% for current and 1.5% for classics based on a single pull. If the draw rate were given for a vault, say an 80 reward vault, the draw rate could be seen as finite. But since the Legendaries have unlimited or infinite chances at rewards, the draw rates can only be counted on a single pull basis.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please note that as of right now there has been NO CHANGE to the star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png odds in either token_legendary.png. Displayed odds have almost always been approximate due to decimal places not being shown. The 1/7 odds that some people are seeing in game is reflective of them rounding 6.66... to 7. Since you can't pull a part of a token, 1/7 is displayed.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Xenoberyll wrote:

I Think it's less about how many covers you get and more about the fact that when you do get a bonus it will DEFINITELY be what you want it to be.

Yeah your odds of encountering a bonus aren't spectacular but we're people honestly expecting a system whereby every pull is what you want it to be? Even a system where every 20th pull is what you want it to be is good.

Ignore for a second the fact that your chances of getting a bonus are low and focus on the fact that at some point...you will 100% get the draw you want. Doesn't that seem good? Does to me

It's not every 20th pull it's every 20th pull of a 5star which translates to every 133th pull. And that one can still be a 12th of the same color that you already sold so often.

You still missed my point. Its not about how many pulls you'll get...it's about the fact that when that bonus comes along it's whatever you want it to be. I agree that it would have been nice if you could have chosen colour as well but there is absolutely no denying that getting a guaranteed character of your choice at some point is better than never getting the one you want (highly possible before).

Everyone before was making endless pulls and not getting what they wanted. The same exact same circumstance still exists...only now...at some point (maybe when we're all beyond thunderdome) you absolutely 100% WILL get what you asked for. It is better than before.

In my opinion I'll happily sacrifice all those damn elektra etc pulls in favour of this. If I want to work on an older character I'll just win them in PvP or pve , they come along as prizes far more often than new ones do
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please note that as of right now there has been NO CHANGE to the star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png odds in either token_legendary.png. Displayed odds have almost always been approximate due to decimal places not being shown. The 1/7 odds that some people are seeing in game is reflective of them rounding 6.66... to 7. Since you can't pull a part of a token, 1/7 is displayed.
    [citation found]

Without an official statement on this, we really can't prove this. I do believe you're right, but my version of the game says "1 in 7". It doesn't say "~1 in 7" or "about 1 in 7" or "3 in 20" or "approximate odds", it says "1 in 7". Denying this argument is up to D3 and Demiurge at this point.

Edited to add: Devs have since stated that the odds have not changed, and "1-in-7" is just an approximation. They are still the same 15% as before.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Unfortunately for me, my VIP was renewed before this change was announced. So I don't get to drop until next month. But yeah, I'm done paying. This change isn't the sole reason, its just the last straw. I am not longer satisfied with paying for this product so I won't.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    as a person with only a month in game if this changes is permanent I can not continue with this game. They have waled away some of the best characters basically making new players fodder for the elite players with tons on the best characters. Keep the hero bonus, DROP the vaulting of characters.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    My screen says "1:7" no Tilda. We need devs to clarify whether this was a change or just a display change. We don't need forum admins to assume for us.

Seems to me that people are upset because of ISO and 5 star transition. The question a lot of us face is when to stop putting the most precious resource (ISO-8) into the 5 star tier and not the 4 star tier.

I was at a point where I had 28/4x 4 stars champed. That gave me pretty good odds that when I pulled a four star it would be useful. Another 2.5 months or so, I'd be at 40/5x. With those odds you start to feel comfortable opening Legendaries that you likely won't waste a cover. You're considering stopping with the 4 star tier and moving to 5 star.

But with the change, I have 4/12 champed. And I can work my butt off to get that up to 12/12 champed, but the next month, I'll be down to 10/12 champed. And it will never end. Will I ever catch up? Will I ever be able to move onto 5 stars?

Obviously this is from a mind-set that having to sell a 4 star card is bad, which is the mind-set we've all been operating under for the last 14 months since they introduced champ system!!!

Anyways, I didn't have VIP before and don't plan on getting it now. <3
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    [citation needed]

Without an official statement on this, we really can't prove this. I do believe you're right, but my version of the game says "1 in 7". It doesn't say "~1 in 7" or "about 1 in 7" or "3 in 20" or "approximate odds", it says "1 in 7". Denying this argument is up to D3 and Demiurge at this point.

Oh dear. Mod voice fight.

And very interesting. Yesterday, at least on Steam, after BH was pushed, it said "~1:7".

I recall snarking on LINE that "I can't believe they went there; no one understands tildes" .... because, IME, no one understands tildes when used with numbers. (Americans generally don't understand tildes, period)

Today the display is "1 in 7".

For pity's sake, stop overthinking. "2:5", "4:7", etc, works for Vegas. "2.5:1" works in UK gambling circles. It's "3:20". Good enough for gambling, good enough for mobile gamblin—er, gaming.

Well I did not mean to start a Moderator argument. Although, I guess I can knock that off the bucket list, I never knew I had. I really don't understand the editing Jamie is doing. I specifically said the percentage chance in the "long hall" is a 15% draw rate. I think he is arguing against my 14.25% statement for a "single draw" percentage when drawing for a 5 star, and that is a question that should be answered by the dev team and not assumption. So either the "long haul" draw rate for 5 stars from legendary tokens is 15% or it is 15.75% with the bonus. Color me jaded, but I don't imagine the dev team giving us an extra 0.75% for the end game material.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    [citation needed]

And very interesting. Yesterday, at least on Steam, after BH was pushed, it said "~1:7".

I recall snarking on LINE that "I can't believe they went there; no one understands tildes" .... because, IME, no one understands tildes when used with numbers. (Americans generally don't understand tildes, period)

For pity's sake, stop overthinking. "2:5", "4:7", etc, works for Vegas. "2.5:1" works in UK gambling circles. It's "3:20". Good enough for gambling, good enough for mobile gamblin—er, gaming.

Well I did not mean to start a Moderator argument. Although, I guess I can knock that off the bucket list, I never knew I had. I really don't understand the editing Jamie is doing. I specifically said the percentage chance in the "long hall" is a 15% draw rate. I think he is arguing against my 14.25% statement for a "single draw" percentage when drawing for a 5 star, and that is a question that should be answered by the dev team and not assumption. So either the "long haul" draw rate for 5 stars from legendary tokens is 15% or it is 15.75% with the bonus. Color me jaded, but I don't imagine the dev team giving us an extra 0.75% for the end game material.
    Anthony confirmed that the star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png draw rate is still 15% without the bonus to me via PM this afternoon. The draw rate has not changed. They are simply exploring alternative ways of displaying it.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Horrorshow wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Horrorshow wrote:
    So people complained about the draw rate for 5* classics, and D3 improved that by leaps. Now people are complaining about the 4* draw rates in legendary token packs, when they're already awarded in progression at a normal rate.

The 5 star draw rate was NOT improved. It was lowered from 15% to 14.25% That is what 1/7 is. That bonus chance, which translate to roughly 0.75% gives us that 15% again.

Actually, 1/7 odds are far greater than 1.5% Vlassic Legendaries before the change. The 15% mythical draw rate for 5* would only be legitimate if you drew 100 covers at 1 time. Otherwise, your draw rates would be 5% for current and 1.5% for classics based on a single pull. If the draw rate were given for a vault, say an 80 reward vault, the draw rate could be seen as finite. But since the Legendaries have unlimited or infinite chances at rewards, the draw rates can only be counted on a single pull basis.

Are you the guy who made the Timecube website? This post is very similar to that, in the way that I'm evenly split between being unable to grasp what your post is trying to say and just being pretty sure that *whatever* it is, it's really, really wrong.

I was always curious with the Timecube guy if anyone was ever going to figure out what he actually was trying to communicate, so I could resolve that.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Folks need to do more than boycott VIP - they need to boycott ALL SPENDING if they don't like what's happening.

I liked how things were going, and gave a bit of money during anniversary!

You can darn well be sure that this vaulting won't be short-lived in my memory. NEXT anniversary, if I (or the game) are still around, I won't have given any money and I won't BE giving any money.
  • Horrorshow wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Horrorshow wrote:

Are you the guy who made the Timecube website? This post is very similar to that, in the way that I'm evenly split between being unable to grasp what your post is trying to say and just being pretty sure that *whatever* it is, it's really, really wrong.

I was always curious with the Timecube guy if anyone was ever going to figure out what he actually was trying to communicate, so I could resolve that.

No, I'm not. But if you took a class on statistics the above wouldn't be "really, really wrong." Your single token draws don't come from a set or finite number of rewards, so the draw rate for any given 5* will be 5%. Adding 3 options of a 5% draw in an infinite number of possibilities will never add up to 15%. It will always stay 5%. If the rewards were set to 100 possible outcomes that reset after every draw, then yes, the draw rate would be 15%.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    [citation needed]

I believe they prefer listing odds as 1:x to avoid implying that you'll get anything other than one at a time (plus bonus covers, which are confusing enough on their own)