Who is going to Boycott the VIP due to the change?

whitecat31
whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The new change to how covers for characters are pulled from the Legendary Classics and Legendary token seems to have bothered a LOT of people.
The chance to get a five star pull is still at 15% although it changes in appearance 14.25 + 0.75 (bonus).
On the other hand the chance of getting a 4 star has increased ever so slightly.
The problem is, only a select dozen newer four star characters are now available from token pulls. This completely ruins the reason why many people champed various characters so covers would not be wasted as well as peoples progression.
The Legendary tokens can no longer purchase any random four star, and must be used for the newest releases. You now have roughly a 4 percent chance to get a different 4 star, depending on who you add as a favorite. Your odds of getting a random five star are actually at least three times better than getting a cover for a non new four star.
I have seen many people complain about the fact that they just did a VIP purchase.
So who is going to boycott the VIP?

Please note that as of right now there has been NO CHANGE to the star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png odds in either token_legendary.png. Displayed odds have almost always been approximate due to decimal places not being shown. The 1/7 odds that some people are seeing in game is reflective of them rounding 6.66... to 7. Since you can't pull a part of a token, 1/7 is displayed.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• So people complained about the draw rate for 5* classics, and D3 improved that by leaps. Now people are complaining about the 4* draw rates in legendary token packs, when they're already awarded in progression at a normal rate.

Seems like people just look for a reason to complain.

I'll keep my VIP and gladly welcome the new changes.
  • TheAlphateam
    TheAlphateam Posts: 25 Just Dropped In
    I'm so very glad for these changes. This is far beyond what I even imagined. I like how it limits what covers you can get from a token pool. With so many covers to draw from it makes it near impossible to get someone fully covered. With the limited covers it makes it much easier to get them. If you want a particular cover favorite that one and you still have a chance. Plus you can get them from vaults and progression rewards. I don't see one downside.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    Im happy and plan to keep mine.
  • Ducky
    Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
    Horrorshow wrote:
    So people complained about the draw rate for 5* classics, and D3 improved that by leaps.

I think this is a bit of a stretch. I'm not sure what you consider leaps, but I don't think an additional 5* cover every 20 purple cover pulls (if you happen to have average luck) is a huge leap forward. It helps a little bit, but it won't be making anyone's progression move along that much faster that wasn't already brute forcing it with money.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Eh. I'm not thrilled with the vaulting, but this doesn't strike me as boycott-worthy. It's still extra covers, and if I really want one of the older characters, I can set them as the bonus hero. In the interim, I can cover the newer heroes faster than I might otherwise have, and considering one of those is Peggy, I'm okay with that.

That doesn't mean I'll always feel this way about token composition, but for right now, it's not even in the top three for game issues that rile me.
  • whitecat31
    Horrorshow wrote:
    So people complained about the draw rate for 5* classics, and D3 improved that by leaps. Now people are complaining about the 4* draw rates in legendary token packs, when they're already awarded in progression at a normal rate.

The 5 star draw rate was NOT improved. It was lowered from 15% to 14.25% That is what 1/7 is. That bonus chance, which translate to roughly 0.75% gives us that 15% again.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was already boycotting it due to the Shield Intercepts thing.
    I'll think about restarting it when Steam users have parity with their mobile brethren.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am. If not boycott playing entirely
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't mind at all.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Me, I'm buying double VIP!

Or maybe not, because that's not actually a thing.

But this has actually increased my enthusiasm quite a bit.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    what does VIP have to do with menopause?
  • whitecat31
    Already eschewing vip for other reasons. However this change is by itself not cause for passing on vip. Wheres that option?

For those that needed a "I Tried VIP once and didn't like it and this doesn't change my opinion about it option."
    Please use "I never bought the VIP, and I don't plan on it."
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    DuckyV wrote:
    Horrorshow wrote:
    So people complained about the draw rate for 5* classics, and D3 improved that by leaps.

I think this is a bit of a stretch. I'm not sure what you consider leaps, but I don't think an additional 5* cover every 20 purple cover pulls (if you happen to have average luck) is a huge leap forward. It helps a little bit, but it won't be making anyone's progression move along that much faster that wasn't already brute forcing it with money.

I Think it's less about how many covers you get and more about the fact that when you do get a bonus it will DEFINITELY be what you want it to be.

Yeah your odds of encountering a bonus aren't spectacular but we're people honestly expecting a system whereby every pull is what you want it to be? Even a system where every 20th pull is what you want it to be is good.

Ignore for a second the fact that your chances of getting a bonus are low and focus on the fact that at some point...you will 100% get the draw you want. Doesn't that seem good? Does to me
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Horrorshow wrote:
    So people complained about the draw rate for 5* classics, and D3 improved that by leaps. Now people are complaining about the 4* draw rates in legendary token packs, when they're already awarded in progression at a normal rate.

The 5 star draw rate was NOT improved. It was lowered from 15% to 14.25% That is what 1/7 is. That bonus chance, which translate to roughly 0.75% gives us that 15% again.

Yeah you're kind of right (if you ignore the fact they say approx 1:7) BUT when you get a bonus it's an additonal 5* to the 1 you just drew. I feel kind of like people keep ignoring you're getting 2 for 1 and not just a cover of your choice. You get a random 5* AND a 5* of your choice.
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I'm already boycotting vip because I'm a steam player, how will they tell what I'm protesting with my wallet now icon_cry.gif
  • Xenoberyll
    Xenoberyll Posts: 647 Critical Contributor

I Think it's less about how many covers you get and more about the fact that when you do get a bonus it will DEFINITELY be what you want it to be.

Yeah your odds of encountering a bonus aren't spectacular but we're people honestly expecting a system whereby every pull is what you want it to be? Even a system where every 20th pull is what you want it to be is good.

Ignore for a second the fact that your chances of getting a bonus are low and focus on the fact that at some point...you will 100% get the draw you want. Doesn't that seem good? Does to me

It's not every 20th pull it's every 20th pull of a 5star which translates to every 133th pull. And that one can still be a 12th of the same color that you already sold so often.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    whitecat31 wrote:
    The new change to how covers for characters are pulled from the Legendary Classics and Legendary token seems to have bothered a LOT of people.

It does, but people are whingers.

"Stop releasing new characters because I'll never get them covered" becomes "you bastards you removed my championed characters from the rotation".

"I'm sick of pulling useless four stars like Elektra" becomes "I can't pull Hulkbuster" even though your odds of pulling a bonus Hulkbuster if that's what you want are better than your odds were of pulling one.

I will pull more 5 stars on average after this change. I will pull more 4 stars on average after this change. I will pull more 3 stars on average after this change. I will have some modicum of control over the 4 stars I get after this change.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't play a lot of new games so 10 Bucks a month is OK with me
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    My VIP expired yesterday and I renewed because I like the change.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    I renewed, only because VIP is going to be one of the few sources of HP now that most of my champed 4*s are gone from tokens.

Before this, I was HP self-sustaining. If I can't keep that up under this new system, that's it. I'm going FTP at best.