Updates to Rewards for 7-Day Events (3/1/17)

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very nice improvement! I approve and appreciate!
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is a nice change!

My one request going forwards is to update the cover rewards so that they only feature vaulted 3* and 4* characters which we will now have infinitely fewer opportunities to earn. Gwenpool is already one of twelve 4* characters we'll all be seeing too much of in our tokens in coming months, as are Rocket & Groot and Deadpool as two of the twenty 3* characters we'll be pulling over and over. If I'm going to grind for progression and placement, I'd like it to be for something I couldn't easily achieve otherwise.

Alternately, keep this as-is but offer more token stores as I noted elsewhere:
    mega ghost wrote:
    Make the Latest Legends tokens focus on the 12 new 4* characters (so for 25 CP you have the 85% chance of pulling one of them), and the Classic Legends focus on the the older 4* characters (for 20 CP you can pull any older 4*, but the newest 12 will be excluded from this pack.)

Similarly, offer two Heroic token stores now: there will still only be one Heroic token, but we can opt to pull it from either of the stores, one which has odds for the 12 newest 4* characters and 20 selected 3* characters, and one that has odds for all the rest and that excludes the newer/selected characters in the other Heroic store.

To simplify things, Elite tokens could just focus on the 20 selected 3* characters (which, as I noted in a previous post, I hope is a rotating list.)
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously people are complaining ?

Forum : 7 day events have worse prizes!

Devs : here have more prizes on 7 day events

Forum : we want even more prizes on 7 day events.

Forum : we want more control over our progress and less token dilution

Devs: ok we have massively reduced the token pool and slightly increased your ability to control your progress

Forum : waaaaaa we want to be able to cover all the old characters that we have been COMPLAINING ABOUT FOR OVER A YEAR.

Some people really need to stop playing this game as they will clearly never be pleased at all.

If you don't want to bother addressing the legitimate concerns that have been raised by players, reduce them to strawmen!

The point I was making is that this forum is impossible to please.

It often seems like unless every vet is suddenly rewarded with a team of fully maxed and champed 5* they will always complain.

My approach is simply to be grateful for what I do have rather than mourn what i could have.

I think it was aes that recently said "what you have is always better than what you MIGHT have"
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like more rewards. Thanks!
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously people are complaining ?

Forum : 7 day events have worse prizes!

Devs : here have more prizes on 7 day events

Forum : we want even more prizes on 7 day events.

Devs: ok we have massively reduced the token pool and slightly increased your ability to control your progress

Forum : waaaaaa we want to be able to cover all the old characters that we have been COMPLAINING ABOUT FOR OVER A YEAR.

Some people really need to stop playing this game as they will clearly never be pleased at all.

Be very careful or you might get lumped into the sunshine pumper crowd.

Truth is this forum is all about entitlement. And if you mention that you'll just hear dozens of entitled voices telling you that you are wrong and they deserve compensation for whatever the newest change might be.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Nice change btw devs. Thanks.
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Again a change that gives more rewards. I think that's three in a row over 2 weeks.

I think I'm happy... yeah, I'm probably happy.
  • Berserk_Al
    Berserk_Al Posts: 411 Mover and Shaker
    I'm all for this. Now, will we have some people actually asking to have long event more often?
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards

Massively reduced does not mean improved though when you look at how many top tier characters have been discarded in the purge and that there are trash characters like the Wasp who are new enough to be in the chosen 12, the bonus hero system will only allow you to progress with one of those missing heroes before you end up worse off than under the old system.

The championing system has also been around long enough that people have adjusted to the situation and have spent a lot of iso on mid-tier characters to avoid the continuing annoyance of wasted covers, this latest change means that this approach is wasted and all those heroes will grind to a halt prior to people getting into the higher levels where the rewards are better.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good..two 4 Star rewards
    Better...not the same color
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very nice change, and particularly nice that they are starting with Gwenpool who is one of my least covered fourstars. icon_e_smile.gif
    I agree that it would be very nice if the CP rewards could be increased to match the rewards of a 3 + 4 day event. Maybe instead of having 5 + 5 + 15 CP rewards it could be 10 + 15 + 25 to make it 50 over the course of a week?
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    This is a good change. Not a huge fan of Gwenpool so the first instance isn't super exciting for me, but down the line this should be great.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Good..two 4 Star rewards

EVEN BETTER... neither are her green (my 2/3/5 GwenpoolIcon.PNG approves)
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Clearly the CP need to be updated and then we are fine with the 7 day event. I still prefer the 3-4 day ones (especially if it's a new release) but adding a cover makes the 7-day ones bearable. Adding the extra CP would make them great again icon_e_smile.gif
  • Slothkins
    Slothkins Posts: 58 Match Maker
    Great change, thank you!
  • Tee
    Tee Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Double 4* and tossing the Standard? I'm on board.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Add me to the list of people saying "Thank you for a good change" while at the same time being puzzled that the command point rewards for a 7 day event weren't increased to equal a 3 day event and a 4 day event. Even with this change I still feel like 7 day events are inferior because of the 25 command point deficit versus split 3 day and 4 day events.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made a topic about this after the last 7-day event.
    They went away for a while.
    they come back and they impliment a lot of the ideas I suggested.

Now, I'm not saying I was entirely responsible for getting this change through. That's for you guys to say about me.

You're the real bonus hero.

Without hyperbole that's honestly the nicest thing anyone's said to me for some time.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    Tatercat wrote:
    Good..two 4 Star rewards

EVEN BETTER... neither are her green (my 2/3/5 GwenpoolIcon.PNG approves)

My gwenpool with 5 in purple (thanks to opening two LT's under the new system and both being gwenpool purple icon_e_sad.gif ) is less keen on one of them being purple, but at least it is only one of them.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    These changes are good. But CP and iso are the most treasured resources for me and most vets. Am I missing something, or do these changes do absolutely nothing to address the 25CP and several k iso that don't get whenever they run a week-long pve.

Yay for the good changes! (seriously) But please don't think this solves the problem demi.