Updates to Rewards for 7-Day Events (3/1/17)

Comments

• Nabistay
    Nabistay Posts: 146 Tile Toppler
    smkspy wrote:
    What is the aversion to making gwenpool ' s green a progression reward. The second time she comes around as a progression award in a recent pve and still no green. The second cover is nice as I'll have at least one usable cover now...

# make4starprogressionawardsclassiccharactersonlynow

#colorlessCoversPlease
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Koffitok wrote:
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Great change, why not double the CP reward as well? Its twice as long as a regular event, why not double the CP?

Its not like we'd get more than usual, just the same. Why not?
    You only get CP in sub rewards, which are already given out every day (and are doubled for 2-day subs). So not different than 3/4 day events.

You get CP in progression. And since a 7 day event takes up 2 3/4 day events where you'd get 25 CP in each, you're only getting half of what you'd normally get. Hence the request to double it.

Maths is fun.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seriously people are complaining ?

Forum : 7 day events have worse prizes!

Devs : here have more prizes on 7 day events

Forum : we want even more prizes on 7 day events.

Forum : we want more control over our progress and less token dilution

Devs: ok we have massively reduced the token pool and slightly increased your ability to control your progress

Forum : waaaaaa we want to be able to cover all the old characters that we have been COMPLAINING ABOUT FOR OVER A YEAR.

Some people really need to stop playing this game as they will clearly never be pleased at all.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler

Devs: ok we have massively reduced the token pool and slightly increased your ability to control your progress

Forum : waaaaaa we want to be able to cover all the old characters that we have been COMPLAINING ABOUT FOR OVER A YEAR.

Some people really need to stop playing this game as they will clearly never be pleased at all.

Or you can realize that the forums are not a good representation of the actual player base. Many of the people that complained were ones that already had everything and changes don't have a major effect on or is completely positive. For the majority of players, who normally rarely go on the forums if at all, largely don't have a lot of these characters and need these covers they are trying to take away from us. So what happens the players like myself that don't normally come here log on to ask why they would do something so stupid that screws a good portion of the player base. I'm better a lot of people complaining aren't the ones that are here every day and base their lives around this game. I'm sure there are others that come here for information but rarely post that are now vocal because they are getting screwed.

Yes, doing stupid changes that screw players isn't the way to please players
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    These are solid changes to PVE, but they're a teaspoon of water on the raging tire fire that is the "bonus hero" system.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Jarvind wrote:
    These are solid changes to PVE, but they're a teaspoon of water on the raging tire fire that is the "bonus hero" system.
    I respectfully disagree. BH ain't the issue. It's the vaulting across all tokens.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    JablesMc wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:
    I respectfully disagree. BH ain't the issue. It's the vaulting across all tokens.

Unfortunately Bonus heroes will get drug down because they decided to make an incredibly stupid change at the same time and tie them together.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    JablesMc wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

Unfortunately Bonus heroes will get drug down because they decided to make an incredibly stupid change at the same time and tie them together.

Yeah, I totally agree with this last part. I can pick a few choice characters that I will have a chance, granted incredibly small, to get a free cover of theirs when I open tokens? Cool! Anything free is nice! But they vaulted a bunch of older characters. I haven't seen one comment or person on the forums who likes this part of it.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    4* cover instead of an event token? Nice change.

With the change to the 5th and 9th progression rewards, it comes out to a 4* cover instead of a STANDARD token, overall. That's even better!
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    I'll jump in and say thank you to this change! This is a good thing!
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,178 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Gwenpool that has only 2 green covers and nothing else really likes this.

I'll likely still try and grind for T10, but I'll certainly be much less upset if I don't happen to get it, especially since my first sub clear wasn't exactly optimal.

I don't think we would be mad if similar changes were implemented for all events going forward. Or for SCL 9 and 10. *wink wink nudge nudge*
  • zonatahunt
    zonatahunt Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    JablesMc wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

Yeah, I totally agree with this last part. I can pick a few choice characters that I will have a chance, granted incredibly small, to get a free cover of theirs when I open tokens? Cool! Anything free is nice! But they vaulted a bunch of older characters. I haven't seen one comment or person on the forums who likes this part of it.

Here's my comments liking that part of it:

Eight pages of thoughts and comments, and no one has mentioned what this has accomplished for the longevity of the game. By minimizing possible 4* pulls to the 12 newest, they've substantially slowed championing progression at that level. For the life expectancy of the game it's a good thing. I have all but six 4*s champed and my highest 4* is PX at level 325. In a little over a year I've gotten PX more than halfway to his leveling demise. This vaulted feature of only including the 12 newest 4*s slows my march towards level 370, and ultimately will give me more time to collect useful covers before I'm forced to either recruit a new PX or sell an unusable cover when he becomes champ-maxed. I have to assume they make good money with this game, I enjoy playing it daily, so a feature that can increase the life expectancy of my favorite game is a welcome change to me. Also, in PvP-land, a non-champed character paints a red target on your butt. I'd rather increase my ability to get 13 covers of the newest characters so they can be champed, as opposed to praying to the RNG gods that another IW doesn't pop up instead of a cover I need for a new character not at 13 covers. Sure, this feature slows progression to champed characters, but it greatly increases the rate at which you can cover-max newer characters. Lastly, yes, when a 4* is buffed, and they're champ-maxed they can be a force that can take on a 5*...but generally 5* characters fight against other 5*s...so who cares if progression of champed 4*s slows substantially?
  • Lukoil
    Lukoil Posts: 266 Mover and Shaker
    I haven't seen one comment or person on the forums who likes this part of it.
    Here the comment:
    I like that they made tokens only 12 pool heroes. Why? Because i want new characters to cover, rather then old characters to champion. When i got almost all top tier 4* chracters to campion level My interest in legendary tokens start to decrease because...well it is pretty boring to get 1 champion level to be honest. And if i want to cover some old character i just put him in favorite list.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    they should have increased 2X CP given in a 7 day pve cause; a 7 day pve takes the place of 3 and 4 day pve. so CP progression should be doubled.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    JablesMc wrote:
    Jarvind wrote:

I was referring to the whole deal since they went hand-in-hand.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor

If you don't want to bother addressing the legitimate concerns that have been raised by players, reduce them to strawmen!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made a topic about this after the last 7-day event.
    They went away for a while.
    they come back and they impliment a lot of the ideas I suggested.

Now, I'm not saying I was entirely responsible for getting this change through. That's for you guys to say about me. But what can I say, except...
    moana-first-song-clip-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-youre-welcome.gif
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    I made a topic about this after the last 7-day event.
    They went away for a while.
    they come back and they impliment a lot of the ideas I suggested.

Now, I'm not saying I was entirely responsible for getting this change through. That's for you guys to say about me.

You're the real bonus hero.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    they should have increased 2X CP given in a 7 day pve cause; a 7 day pve takes the place of 3 and 4 day pve. so CP progression should be doubled.

Especially since Kate and moon knight are on the chopping block already. I need all the cp that I can get!
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Great changes! Unfortunate that placement is so cut throat. Even with ridiculously fast clear speed (just over an hour, with 12 minutes to spare), it's looking like I won't get the top ten to get more build on Gwen Poole. But getting 2 (different!) covers for her is excellent.
    Waits sec. this is the MPQ forum. Ahem.
    Surprise changes r bad! Teeny-tiny puppy! Demand compensation.
    Thank you for more covers.