Classic Legends should have "classic" 4*s

2»

Comments

• killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    i think the best solution over all would be:

Bonus characters same as "described".

-Latest Legendary tokens have newest 3 (5*) and 12 (latest 4*'s).
    -Classic Legendary tokens have rest of 5* and 4*.
    -Have "new" drop rate of 4* still be 1:14 but have all 4*'s except "new and limited" characters available in Heroic/Events tokens.
    -Switch out Half 3* (21) every season so "new" drop rate stay about the same for them for all tokens they are in Standards, Elites and Heroic/Event tokens. so every character can drop every 2 seasons.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Lately all I want to pull is classic 5* characters and newer 4* characters. The way they have it now works great for me right now. I imagine I'll still get champ levels for my older characters from placement/progression/bonus favorite.

I am a little worried that I may get too many covers for the 12 in the pool. After today's spending spree I have 4 of them fully covered and the rest at 10 to 12 covers. I don't want to pull covers that I have to sell for ISO so I may get stuck in a pattern where I have to hoard tokens to avoid wasting covers just like I have been under the old system. I'll probably have to change to a system where I always champion the 2 releases from last season.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Thoughts...

I kinda wish I hadn't re-upped VIP this morning, and I might retire at the end of the season.

How did you pay? If you payed through google play contact them and they will definitely refund it to you. Don't know about any of the other platforms though.
    That would be dishonest, and probably against the TOS.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    DayvBang wrote:
    Thoughts...

I kinda wish I hadn't re-upped VIP this morning, and I might retire at the end of the season.

Why wait? Ha! Seriously season have held no meaning for soooo long.

Rest of season will serve to give it a little time.

This has undermined the roster goals and farming dynamic hat was keeping pointlessness at bay.

Let's see if that bulwark gives way and lets the pointlessness reign over all.

The reinvigorating of interest in other interests, and the warming weather, both bode ill for MPQ in aes' life.
    I don't want to ditch my alliance mid-season. It gives Demiurge a couple days to realize they've pooped the bed, which they won't, and I can lazily keep my season score growing a bit through the weekend.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    DayvBang wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Thoughts...

How did you pay? If you payed through google play contact them and they will definitely refund it to you. Don't know about any of the other platforms though.

Dayv,
    Although, I don't want you to leave. It would not be dishonest. You purchased a VIP which advertises TWO legendary tokens as well as other items for the purchase.
    The Legendary Tokens count as an in-game currency item, and the value of what that in-game currency item can purchase has been changed, without warning.

You asking for your money back, is NOT dishonest.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I thought it should have Ben done that way from the start. All 1 latest 4 stars in LT and all other 4 stars in classic. A least tgen we would get a chance. No idea why both 4 star pools have to be the same...
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I haven't even started the 3->4 transition yet, so I'm not speaking from practical experience, but I thought one of the big issues with the legendary packs was dilution, especially of 5 star.png s. Moving older 4 star.png s to the Classics helps with the until-now dilution of the 4 star.png s, but does nothing for the 5 star.png s, and the dilution problem would creep back up on us as new characters get added every two weeks. So just making the classics have the older 4 star.png s and 5 star.png s would be a temporary solution, not a permanent one.

I'd still support it being done immediately so I can get the 4 star.png s I'm missing for PVE, but I think there really needs to be a bigger change, with more packs that have different pools. Demiurge seems to really not want to have packs that are guaranteed all of one star.png level for some reason, but what about something like "released in 201X" packs? Or something else that evenly divides up the possible draws without making any characters unavailable or diluting one pack too much?
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    DayvBang wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:
    Thoughts...

Actually when they completely f'd up ddq the first time they changed it right after I made a decent size purchase and complained it was what I was told to do by D3. If they totally screw you over right after paying with no warning like this you should be entitled to a refund no matter what.
  • ZorroRooster
    ZorroRooster Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    drag0n41 said:
    Nepenthe wrote:
    The bonus & favorites part of the new change is great. The limiting 4*s from tokens to only the latest 12 is not so great. My suggestion:

Latest Legends have the new 12 as the available 4*s.
    Classic Legends have all the older 4*s.

This makes the 4*s in LTs operate like the 5*s do, and let's players pick which pool of characters they'd rather pursue.

Thoughts?
    How about just 12 random from the 4* not in latest. The list should change each season.

Right now there would be 29 4* in classic which still contributes to the dilution of the odds to get specific covers.
    Yes. This. I've been whining at my guild mates about it for the past few weeks. We need separate chances for other 4* characters beyond bonus chances, event rewards, and daily shield drops. Otherwise I have a bunch of 2/2/2 loadout 4*s and not much higher. I'm not quite competitive enough to be able to place well enough for the 4* end of event this placement rewards.
  • DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,203 Chairperson of the Boards
    Stop making sense.... 
  • Rob216
    Rob216 Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Agreed. Those of us who were still working on covering the old 4*s dont have a means to dump our hard earned cp into them.  A 12th or 13th cover on a classic is so much more valuable and gratifying than pulling a cover on a useless low covered newbie
  • SpringSoldier
    SpringSoldier Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    I actually disagree that the devs should stop releasing new characters. They should release new characters even more often, make them easier to get, make the older ones easier to get and have us spending our money on coins for rooster slots and ISO to level up our characters.

I can't speak for everyone, but I'm playing this game out of love of the MCU and X-Men. I'd love to have all characters to play with and fight against, unlike the current system where PVP fights are almost always against Old Man Logan, Thanos and Dr. Strange 3*.