Best Comeback: Star-Lord
    Supporting Female: Scarlet Witch
    Supporting Male: Dr Strang3
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Best Sound - I have no idea, I have it turned off.

LoL so do I, I had to turn the sound off because it kept playing in my head all day and night I couldn't sleep because of it.

Have you ever turned off the music and left the sound effects on? The mission select screen sounds like a tricorder. That has to be the best sound.

MPQ doubles as a tricorder app. Annoying if you want to listen to music on train and play though.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - Which lady carried the heaviest load for you in 2016?

Scarlet Witch probably. My 4* Jean Grey wasn't championed until after Thanos was out for a few weeks.

Best Male Superhero - Which fella did the job for you in 2016?

Old Man Logan. I've been grinding with my 6 cover OML for months since he was released.

Best New Superhero - There were a lot of great new character releases last year. Which one do you think deserves a trophy?

Doctor Strange. He's a bit different than lots of characters where they just hit for hit damage. I think 4* Captain Marvel will win this in 2017. I really like her.

Best Comeback of the Year - The developers began changing a few characters, trying to bring them up to snuff. Which one made their way back into your rotation?

Invisible Woman. Only because she's the only one I kept. I sold my TA Hulk and Starlord ages ago (and am rebuilding since).
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 975 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - Captain Peggy Carter by a mile. She was my first 4* champ and she still is my primary go to for PVE and often PVP too even if she isn't boosted. When she is boosted it is a thing of beauty.

Best Male Superhero - 4* Punisher. Much like Peggy, once he got champed I started using him a lot. He's my go to if Peggy isn't on the team and can easily handle things on the solo.

Best New Superhero - Outside of Peggy who already won something I'd say 4* Capt. Marvel. I'm very psyched to finish covering her, she really seems to be top notch.

Best Comeback of the Year - Invisible Woman. She was much maligned by the forums for a long time but the re-imagining made her pretty tough.

Best Supporting Female - Quake. Completely takes the teeth out of Muscle and Kishu and compliments most teams pretty well. When boosted is a force of her own with that Green AOE.

Best Supporting Male - IM40. Hands down the best battery in the game. Plus has the side benefit of hiding behind Peggy who tanks all his colors so rarely needs healthpacks.

Best New Story - Webbed Wonder. The story was pretty funny and I always like it when the hero becomes a villain which definitely happens when Spidey and Howard ruin everyone else's good time.

Best New Gameplay Feature - Shield Clearance Levels. More ISO and rewards for higher tier players and that massive Christmas like ISO present when it was first released jumped my roster forward 3 months in a day.

Best Forum Poster - aesthetocyst. Charts, charts and more charts. Plus he's often funny. Honorable mention to Brigby.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - I started playing the game in early 2016, so I'd have to go with Original Black Widow. Good ol' Fishnets carried me in 2* land and into the 3* transition. I can't use her as much any more, but when she was broken for Combined Arms last month it sure brought back some good memories. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Best Male Superhero - Since I spent the majority of 2016 in 3* land, I'd probably go with Iron Fist here. I spent 20 commandpoints.png to champ him early in my 3* transition (back when that felt like a lot), and I never regretted it. IF+Quicksilver has to be one of my most-used pairings over the life of the game. I have multiple 4* champs now, and Fist is still useful.

Best New Superhero - This has to be Peggy - I liked her as a character before she was added to the game, and the MPQ version is just a powerhouse.

Best Comeback of the Year - Definitely Amadeus Cho. When I started playing, he was referenced literally any time anyone had bad luck pulling a token. It was a running joke in my alliance, and I am sure many others. He is now very usable, and in fact he packs quite a punch when boosted.

Best Supporting Female - She is not just support, but I would give this one to Quake. Her AOE nullification passive is just so damn awesome against Kishus, Spies, and even Muscles and Nameless Ones. Certain PVE nodes got way easier when she came around.

Best Supporting Male - I don't know how I could give this to anyone but IM40. When I was in the 3* tier, I relied on him to fuel Steve Rogers for basically ANY tough PVE node. Nowadays Cyclops and Peggy are among my champed 4*, so you better believe he still gets a ton of use.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - 4Thor, powerful performance all round

Best Male Superhero - 4Cyke, what a beast

Best New Superhero - 4 star.png Captain Marvel, can't wait to max-cover and champ

Best Comeback of the Year - Mr Fantastic! Starlord getting all the love but I was already using him a lot already. Mr F made a fantastic (heh) comeback not just to Carnage nodes but also to my regular PVP team!

Best Supporting Female - 4 star.png Jean Grey, protects and makes everyone else better

Best Supporting Male - Rhulk, quietly doing his thing in the background before stealing the show with a hammer & anvil
  • shadowyoshi
    shadowyoshi Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - 4* Thor (Beats out X-23 barely)

Best Male Superhero - Punisher MAX (RNG blessed me with his covers early and he has been the main staple ever since I champed him in October)

Best New Superhero - Punisher MAX (Given what I have usable it was either PunMAX or 3Strange)

Best Comeback of the Year - IM40 (Duh)

Best Supporting Female - Scarlet Witch (Considering her semi-nerf doesn't count here this is easy)

Best Supporting Male - Antman (I use him on a wide variety of teams. Early in the year it was lack of options as he was one of only 2 4* champs. Later because he does a lot of things that work well with others especially in PVE)
  • vinnygecko
    vinnygecko Posts: 243 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Best Female Superhero: Thoress. As my first 4* champ, she really helped me get further into the 4* transition. Honorable mention to Quake.

Best Male Superhero: Big Pun. Truly one of the most fun characters to use - he's an absolute beast when boosted. I was beyond happy when I was able to champ him. Honorable mention to 4Cyke and OML.

Best New Superhero: Peggy, hands down. I finally have her fully covered, and she's next in line for me to champ. Honorable mention to 3* Dr. Strange

Best Supporting Female Character:While Switch is the popular choice, I gotta go with Kamala Khan. The green battery and health bursts go a long way.

Best Supporting Male Character:IM40. Best battery in the game.

Comeback of the Year: Star-Lord. Went from "oh, he's still there" to "i gotta champ this guy now" when he got buffed.

Most Fun Combo: Quake and 4Pool. Honorable mention to 3* Blade and 3* Sam Wilson/XFW with 4Pool.

Liftetime achievement Award/Earned a Vacation: Iron Fist, 3* Cage and C-Mags. They were my solid rock when I was still mostly at the 3* level, my go-to for Big Enchilada and Shield Sim.

Villain/Big Boss of the Year:Kaecilius. As painful as it was to play against him, gotta say that he was probably the most challenging boss I've faced in 3 years of playing the game.

Best Sound Design: Nova. I actually don't know what sound he makes, but the "pew-pew-pew" that i hear in my head is good enough.
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Best Female Superhero: La La Land. Wait -- I mean Peggy. I think a case can be made for Thoress, or possibly (stealth candidate!) Jessica Drew... but Peggy is awesome in all aspects.

Best Male Superhero: La La Land. Hold it -- wrong envelope. Obviously it's Bagman, but since he's out of the rotation I think he doesn't qualify. So I'll have to go with IM40. THE one indispensable character in MPQ. If your roster doesn't have him, you're not going anywhere. Period.

Best New Superhero: La La Land. Dangit... It's actually Doctor Strange -- two flavors, both of which are great.

Best Supporting Female Character: La La Land. WHO KEEPS GIVING ME THESE ENVELOPES??? It's Kamala Khan and her wicked useful heal.

Best Supporting Male Character: La La... NOPE. IM40 is out as he already won above... so I'll go with my man Iron Fist. Drip... drip... drip... drip.... MEGAPUNCH!

Comeback of the Year: Moonlight. Oh, you mean in MPQ? IM40. From one of the least used/developed characters to indispensable? Yeah, that's a comeback.

Most Fun Team: Emma Stone and Ryan *snip* PRICE WATERHOUSE GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER. You want some fun? Run Carnage, Patch, and Devil Dinosaur, and spam DD's purple until you can pop Patch's green. You may win, you may lose, but for sure the match will be short, ugly, and highly entertaining.

Lifetime achievement Award: The reliable 2* combo of Black Widow, Daken, and Ares. The DC-3 of MPQ.

Villain of the Year: La La Land. Or Kaecilius. Whatever.

Best Sound Design: This game has sound?

Beast of the Year: Beast.
  • fnedude
    fnedude Posts: 382 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    For me:

Best Female: Peggy Carter, essential in PvE to preserve health packs
    Best Male: Punisher
    Best Supporting Female: Switch
    Best Supporting Male: OML (sorry, mine's 1/3/2 so not prime time material)
    Best Ensemble cast: Punisher+OML+Nova (disgusting when either 4* is boosted)
    -- Runner up: Jean Grey+Cyclops+Switch/Peggy

Best New Movie (event): Strange Sights, new baddie with new way to take out, new minions
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,927 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I feel like IM40 sweeps the awards

Best male? Highest rated character in the most recent forum rankings

Best supporting male? Consensus best battery in the game.

Best comeback? He was once rated worst 3* and is now the best. No one has made a leap this big.
  • morph3us
    morph3us Posts: 859 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Best picture: The new DDQ background.

What? Whaddya mean that was the wrong envelope?

Ummm...
    [Image redacted]

We'll try that again, shall we?

Best picture: Bonus heroes!

What? Ah crud.

[Image redacted]
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - 4* Jean Grey.

Best Male Superhero - Started out as Red Hulk, but switched to 4* Cyclops for more diverse play style. Plus Rhulk doesn't pair with Jean!

Best New Superhero - EDIT: 4*: Peggy Carter! 3*: Doctor Strange

Best Comeback of the Year - Star-Lord.

Best Supporting Female - Scarlet Witch.

Best Supporting Male - Professor X. (EDIT: shoot, this really should have been IM40.)
  • smoq84
    smoq84 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - Thoress

Best Male Superhero - Iceman

Best New Superhero - Peggy Carter

Best Comeback of the Year - Star-Lord

Best Supporting Female - Switch

Best Supporting Male - IM40
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - X-23 (my first 4 Star, my favorite in the comics and my most used character)
    Best Male Superhero - Thor (when in doubt send in Thor)
    Best New character - Strang3 (i started in july when Peggy was already in game)
    Best Supporting Male IM40
    Best Supporting Female - Spider Woman
    Comeback - i think ChoHulk
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - Which lady carried the heaviest load for you in 2016?

The Winner is.... Peggy Carter! Far too many reasons why to list here, so I'll just say, Peggy kicks tiny kitty tail. Plus I really, really, like the art work. icon_e_wink.gif

Best Male Superhero - Which fella did the job for you in 2016?

And the award goes to... huh?, ... Well, it looks like we have a tie folks. PunMax, for his power house, one man army, kill everyone offensive abilities. And 3* Captain America. Steve Rogers is one of the most versatile characters around. He has damage, stun, protect tiles, Ap generation, overwrites enemy tiles, and places countdown tiles that others can use.

Best New Superhero - There were a lot of great new character releases last year. Which one do you think deserves a trophy?

It was a close vote, but the winner is..... Carol Danvers. Making 5k and 10k strike tiles is soooo fun. icon_lol.gif

Best Comeback of the Year - The developers began changing a few characters, trying to bring them up to snuff. Which one made their way back into your rotation?

I don't even need to check the envelope for this one. IM40. All the way. Never used him before, but now, half the teams I use have him on them.

Best Supporting Female - Which lady made everyone else shine?

icon_lol.gif Once again, the award goes to... Carol Danvers. Strike tiles, special tile buffs, insane damage potential, and Ap generation.

Best Supporting Male - Which guy always got to tag along?

The final award of the night goes too.... OML. He can take a lickin' and keep on kickin'. He is a great protector and his offense should not be underestimated. Logan can make some nice strike tiles, and he may be getting old, older than most other characters in the game, but he is still at the top. Which is pretty awesome considering how old he is. icon_lol.gif
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best Female Superhero

Jean Grey was one of my first 4* champions, and has been a mainstay of my primary team since. Oh, sure, sometimes she gets swapped out if I have boosted 4* champions in a given week, but invariably when that happens, a critical cascade will benefit the AI and I'll wish I'd brought her along.

Best Male Superhero

Star-Lord. He packs a punch even unboosted, REALLY packs a punch boosted, and facilitates so many of the different combos I've tried since his rework. The old "he works well with everyone" joke isn't a joke any longer.

Best Supporting Superhero, Female

Scarlet Witch. She was a mainstay of my Big Enchilada team for most of 2016, along with 3* Steve Rogers and 5* Green Goblin, and even served me well in multiple alliance events. I don't use her as much now as I used to, partly because of the team-up tile change and partly because, well, I'm up to ten 4* champions. To the extent I bring along a 3* for my main team anymore, it's IM40. But she was a rock star for me in 2016.

Best Supporting Superhero, Male

IM40 gets the nod here. That battery for just 6 AP is amazing. I love trotting him out there with Star-Lord and Jean Grey. I mean, yeah, I miss out on rainbow coverage, but Star-Lord encheapens his own red, IM40's yellow and blue, and Jean's purple and green, while IM40 provides red, blue, and green in spades, and a smattering of purple for good measure.

Best New Character

Imma go with Captain Peggy here. Mine isn't close to being fully covered, but she IS at the top of my wishlist. I can see her stepping right into her rightful place at the center of my "A"-Team once I get some more covers. Doctor Strange gets honorable mention because I have been using the heck out of him since getting his 3* variant championed. There were several other excellent releases in 2016, but those are the big two for me.

Best Comeback of the Year

Toughest category, IMO. Invisible Woman is pretty incredible now. Star-Lord, we've been over. But I think I've gotta go with IM40, if only for this reason: prior to his rework, IM40 was one of just two 3* I flatly refused to roster (Sentry being the other). Just wasn't worth the resources. Invisible Woman and Star-Lord both had homes on my roster prior to their reworks; what they earned was regular playing time. IM40 earned not just that playing time, but a roster spot at a time when I was well past the 'cheap' roster spots and that was 1000 HP spent on a spot that might have gone to somebody else. He had more obstacles in his path to get to where he's at now for me, so he gets the nod here.

Best New Story Content

Webbed Wonder is hilarious. Doctor Octopus' rant about online dating will never not be funny.

Best New Event

Strange Sights, on the other hand, is easily my favorite event in the game. The story is a bit throwaway, as so many of them are, but a choose-your-own-adventure path through the event is a neat twist, and my lord the tokens how they rain.

Best New Feature

S.H.I.E.L.D. Clearance Levels Everybody talks about the ISO, and that's a legit bonus, but the addition of 4* covers to progression rewards has, along with the addition of Command Points to the same, just turbo-boosted my 4* roster growth. After languishing for the better part of two years, in the last six months my 4* roster has gone from 7 characters at 7+ covers to 10 characters championed, two more at max covers, and close to another 20 at 7+. It's night and day for me. I *think* Command Points were introduced in 2015, or else this category would be a tie between those two features, because it's really hard to disentangle the two on that front.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - X23. My first 4* champ and she has made life so much easier for me.

Best Male Superhero - 3* Cyke. He fell off a bit towards the end of the year as I was able to champ Fury and XF Wolvie , but he was a fixture in my squad for 8 solid months this past year.

Best New Superhero - Strange. Both versions. That's how you make a new character in this stage of the game.

Best Comeback of the Year - IW. Likely an unpopular opinion but since her reworking she has been a go-to whenever she'said been featured. Her damage increase with strike tiles and party invis has been a lifesaver.

Best Supporting Female - Thoress. As I've now been able to field a fullot squad of champed 4* she has been a great filler for my team that has been able to wreck PVE and enchiladas.

Best Supporting Male - Sharing this award is Fury and XF Wolvie. Despite his green being lackluster, XFW's black has been devastating for to use as filler, while Fury was my solid #2 for the better part of 6 months.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    Best Female Superhero - Jean Grey
    Best Male Superhero - Punisher MAX
    Best New Superhero - Dr. Strange
    Best Comeback of the Year - Totally Awesome Hulk
    Best Supporting Female - Scarlett Witch
    Best Supporting Male - Nova
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,629 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options