How likely are you to recommend MPQ? [Survey Feb 2017]

2»

Comments

• revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gave it an 8. I've recommended it to a few friends all of whom still play but much more casually than I do. Which is great.

While I enjoy the game enough to grind it hard plenty of my buddies who play just log in occasionally to kill a few minutes. The game works for both hardcore and casual play so I have no problem recommending it.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Love the game! : +11
    Disparity between platforms: -2
    Customer support: -8, -VIP, -$50/HP sale

EDIT: So not terribly likely.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    5, as much as I love the game it's too far along for new players. Which will ultimately be it's death, one I'm convinced they want to reach anyway. Milk it and move on. The only way I could recommend this to a new player is if they gave out a enough roster slots for every single 1* 2* and 3* at one cover each to get them started. Then scales the HP cost from 0 to 1000 per slot from there.

With the increased HP costs in the UK there's literally no way I want to start as it currently stands. Daily rewards also need back filling to speed up the progress more in line with where people are at and what they require.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    I used to recommend this to everybody. I rated it highest in app store, sent in thank you emails back to d3, would bemoan when a work shift interrupted my play. i would have gone all Nigel Tufnail and been like 11!

Then I noticed some broken parts and contacted Customer Service. That was the worst CS outside of rental cars and airlines. Greyhound bus lines has better response and kinder people. So I stopped rating it when prompted. I stopped mentioning it.
    Then came the forums: I was able to enjoy this game more but I was made aware of how poorly run it actually is. Then another run-in with CS. Then another forced release. then coulson came out early, free for some and the fanboy in me rebelled. Gone is any sense of narrative, Gone is any sense of team-work in req'd nodes. Power dynamics are way off of cannon. CS is still the worst(late night drive thru bad). There is blatant player inequality when it comes to steam(iOS solidarity!). Very limited approachability to a starting player since 4* is the only tier that sees any sort of love and also the ceiling. Top end players seem really unhappy. Basically I am questioning the whole dang thing!

right now I rate it equal to hours I play per day: 3
    I want to give it a 7/8. I want my friends to play it too. I want it to win national recognition and have a mighty groundswelling of new players with every movie and TV show. I am rooting for MPQ. but it feels like i'm a a 49'ers/Bulls fan; i keep telling myself it'll get better, they will get back to their previous glory. just have faith in the system.
    so until the Cleveland Browns or Sacramento Kings win a championship: make mine Marvel!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zero. Despite any fun I've had in the game, I couldn't recommend it. From increasingly customer unfriendly moves like removing single pull options from vaults, to RNG progression, to frequent bugs (my alliance chat has been broken for the past day), to the insurmountable 150 or so characters behind a new player would be. It just isn't a game for a new player starting out. They'd need to make a lot of changes for that to make sense.
  • Xalthim
    Xalthim Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Necessary fixes to recommend:
    1. new users start with a much better roster.
    2. classic legends cover cost halved (360 cp)
    3. Dupe covers sold for cp (especially 5*)
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,762 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    I will play this game daily until they shut it down. But with the current character dilution in the 3-star and 4-star tiers, I would never, ever, recommend this game to anyone. I can't imagine facing the seemingly insurmountable task of rostering, max covering, and championing them all if today was DAY 1.

Same here, I'll keep playing till the bitter end, but as I'm only on day 464 I already feel it's impossible to catch up with the veterans. As another newer player wrote "I get punished for playing PvP", so I mainly play PVE and even though I play several hours a day I never get further than t50. I can't imagine what it's like to start the game now, unless the SCL really help new players?
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd give it a 7. It depends on the type of person you are though. If you are the "I want all the best things so I can finish the game as quickly as possible" type of person, then MPQ is definitely not for you. If you are like me, and dont mind spending years gradually moving along in a career type game not worrying about whether you have the best characters, then MPQ is very much a fun game for you.

It could definitely use some more regular new content for PVE though. That has got stale for me after a couple of years of playing.
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    JablesMc wrote:
    firethorne wrote:
    Couldn't you just uninstall/reinstall on the device where you wanted the fresh start and use a second facebook account there, leaving the other device alone with your original account intact?
    When I've tried this in the past, it didn't work because the iTunes/play store is linked to my e-mail address, and restored progress before I even had the chance to choose whether or not to connect to the facepage. Maybe I'll try it again on my ipad when I get home.
    Nope.

Didn't work.
    *sad face*
  • Yoik
    Yoik Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    I voted Extremely likely to recommend.

As of today I have played for 1,165 days. There are times I have been frustrated with the game. E.G shield hopping and being sniped. Cascades of maximum annoyance etc. But these are part of the game. There are times with technical issues where I have also been annoyed. E.G the time when no one could get into the game for a few days. That was a while ago now. And when you go into a match and the app just crashes. These are technical annoyances but I can live with them.

I wish I had more iso, I wish I had better 5 star coverage. These are just personal gripes.

However. I have played for more than 3 years. That in itself is an endorsement. Ive not yet got to a stage of boredom. Some days I cannot be bothered to do a clear and if that’s so then I don’t.

It has everything I want from a game that I play in my spare time. New players have a lot to do and occupy themselves with and if you are looking to play a game with leveling and hoarding then this is it. These games take time. End of. I think existing and veteran players have the regular events and pvp to look forward to. It would be nice for additional items to be introduced to provide a little more variety . As the game is still being worked on / maintained / regularly updated im in high hopes.