How likely are you to recommend MPQ? [Survey Feb 2017]

firethorne
firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Survey time again. Where do the forumites land?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    This game is my crack. Darn near the perfect combo of long term RPG building and immediate match-3 fun.

Love it.
  • METT-T dependent
    METT-T dependent Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    I am addicted to this game. I wouldn't wish that on my friends.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I will play this game daily until they shut it down. But with the current character dilution in the 3-star and 4-star tiers, I would never, ever, recommend this game to anyone. I can't imagine facing the seemingly insurmountable task of rostering, max covering, and championing them all if today was DAY 1.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    I wouldn't mainly because, while it's a solid neutral ranking for me and an ok time killer, it has too many issues.

I can't recommend it because it's a bit repetitive to the point where there are multiple events and weeks that I'll just do DDQ and stop if I can even muster that, (hell sometimes I won't even do the enchilada out of boredom). I did 2 nodes of DDQ vs marvel and stopped already. I don't even want a new character i won't cover for a year+.

To top it off progression while sped up went from sloth speed to the speed of a turtle with a walker.

Random elements are getting worse,
    the 4 star tier is getting bloated to astronomical heights and is the biggest decider in most competitive modes. (which is everything but DDQ and 3 pve events that they still are better in)
    Champions widened the gap more than any players are willing to admit, especially with the weakening of the 3 star tier and the relatively untouched 4's and not even gonna talk about the problems with 5.

Because of the glacial progression, it feels less like building a team of heroes i love and more of a checklist.

We're getting close to a pay money or wait a year + to catch up, and hope nothing will be introduced in that time period.

Summary
    -Repetitive gameplay with rare innovations.
    -Repetitive events
    -RNG runs rampant to achieve 3* rosters and above, even when paying money
    -Glacial progression improvements
    -Pvp unfeasible below 4 star tier, with awards that don't reflect the time needed to get there
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I put 4. I really enjoy the game, but I sometimes wonder to myself "Do I keep playing solely because I refuse to throw all the past work away?" That's never a good sign. Or I sometimes think the only reason it is fun for me is that I don't have to spend much money anymore, and that my roster is somewhat developed already.

Also, if I recommend this to someone, that means they would possibly start playing, from scratch, tomorrow. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. The constant stream of new releases but no easy way to get them? The enormous and ever-growing pool of 4*, with no surefire way to acquire enough of them to use? The constant bugs, QoL losses, no one besides Brigby listening, 5* being almost mythical... not to mention the pure fact that there are over 120 characters total in this game, so just to roster them all would be tedious and expensive.

Basically, the game is fun for those who are already established. To start now is just too steep of a climb. They did a great job with the original DDQ, helping people fill out the 3* tier faster. SCL also helps. But once you have the 3* tier complete, which can take well over a year of dedicated playing... everything else is a **** shoot. 4's are really tough for people to fill out if you are just starting that tier, 5's can be damn near impossible. Until the developers decide that "Hey, it's no fun for players to keep running into a brick wall... and all we do is make the brick wall thicker..." and they decide to actually change something, I would say anyone starting from scratch today should just walk away while they can. And let me say again... I actually still like the game! That's the weird part.
  • catcusvader
    catcusvader Posts: 93 Match Maker
    Crnch73 wrote:
    "Do I keep playing solely because I refuse to throw all the past work away?"
    That is what my motto is (for this game). Overall I gave it a zero. Lack of support for steam users, and just overall sense of neglect for steam in general.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    I'll continue to give them a 1 on this survey until they find a better model for the 4* tier. Too much to invest (time and/or money) to play more than semi-casual in either PVP or PVE at this point for a new player. A continually diluted character pool makes it impossible to roster build to be competitive in PVP or able to sustain grinds in PVE in any reasonable amount of time.

They've treated 4*'s as a class above 3*'s in term of rarity but never gave any means of making purposeful progress on 4*'s like they did for 3*'s. I've been playing basically from the beginning and the fundamental model of 4* release and acquisition hasn't changed at all. It has only gotten worse with the constant dilution of token odds for 4*'s.

At this point, SCL7 and 8 should definitely be giving all three covers of a 4* in SHIELD Sim. One 4* in PVE progression/event isn't going to do it and 900 in PVP isn't really an option most of the time for those that don't already have at least a decent stable of 4*'s.

I continue to play because I enjoy it but for a new player, I'd say 100% of the time to steer clear.
  • JablesMc
    Crnch73 wrote:
    I put 4. I really enjoy the game, but I sometimes wonder to myself "Do I keep playing solely because I refuse to throw all the past work away?" That's never a good sign. Or I sometimes think the only reason it is fun for me is that I don't have to spend much money anymore, and that my roster is somewhat developed already.

Also, if I recommend this to someone, that means they would possibly start playing, from scratch, tomorrow. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. The constant stream of new releases but no easy way to get them? The enormous and ever-growing pool of 4*, with no surefire way to acquire enough of them to use? The constant bugs, QoL losses, no one besides Brigby listening, 5* being almost mythical... not to mention the pure fact that there are over 120 characters total in this game, so just to roster them all would be tedious and expensive.

Basically, the game is fun for those who are already established. To start now is just too steep of a climb. They did a great job with the original DDQ, helping people fill out the 3* tier faster. SCL also helps. But once you have the 3* tier complete, which can take well over a year of dedicated playing... everything else is a **** shoot. 4's are really tough for people to fill out if you are just starting that tier, 5's can be damn near impossible. Until the developers decide that "Hey, it's no fun for players to keep running into a brick wall... and all we do is make the brick wall thicker..." and they decide to actually change something, I would say anyone starting from scratch today should just walk away while they can. And let me say again... I actually still like the game! That's the weird part.
    While I totally understand, and agree with you about, not wanting to lose the progress you've made, I've also checked into deleting my progress on ONE of the devices I play on(I have android and an Ipad), as I would like a second account to start fresh with. Unfortunately, since both devices are linked to the same facebook/e-mail account, in order to do this I would need to delete my entire account, which I am unwilling to do.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    JablesMc wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:

While I totally understand, and agree with you about, not wanting to lose the progress you've made, I've also checked into deleting my progress on ONE of the devices I play on(I have android and an Ipad), as I would like a second account to start fresh with. Unfortunately, since both devices are linked to the same facebook/e-mail account, in order to do this I would need to delete my entire account, which I am unwilling to do.

Uninstall then reninstall the app on one of the devices and don't connect to to facebook when reinstalled, or connect it to another facebook account
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    3/4 seems right to me.

There is a lot to like about the game so i can't say that i would not recommend it.

But anyone just starting the game now would have a totally different experience than i do with 118 roster slots and 25 4* champs. So i don't think that i could offer any recommendation without significant caveats.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    JablesMc wrote:
    Crnch73 wrote:

Couldn't you just uninstall/reinstall on the device where you wanted the fresh start and use a second facebook account there, leaving the other device alone with your original account intact?
  • JablesMc
    firethorne wrote:
    Couldn't you just uninstall/reinstall on the device where you wanted the fresh start and use a second facebook account there, leaving the other device alone with your original account intact?
    When I've tried this in the past, it didn't work because the iTunes/play store is linked to my e-mail address, and restored progress before I even had the chance to choose whether or not to connect to the facepage. Maybe I'll try it again on my ipad when I get home.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would give a higher recommendation once they resolve dupe 5* covers and provide a non-rng way to get the 5* cover you want (not counting 720 cp).
  • irwando
    irwando Posts: 263 Mover and Shaker
    2 - I told someone last week not to bother. Why?

1. Bugs. Quality Control is terrible. There are constantly bugs with new releases, some minor, some game-breaking.

2. Economy. Even if I wanted to buy ISO to level up characters it would be $400 to level up a 4*? Nope, waaaaay too much. You whales, go you, but no.

3. PvP punishes you for playing. Yes, I'm talking about getting hit multiple times while playing one match. This is just a terrible, terrible design. Any games that tells you the best strategy is to not play is just bad.

Even just fixing 1 & 3 would go a long way to improving things.

Unfortunately, this game will always have the flaw of many mobile games - the later you jump in the harder it is to catch up without massive spending. It would be so much harder today to roster every 2-3-4* than a year ago. Thats just the nature of these games.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    I put 7 because:
    Positives:
    - I have recommended someone and still would.
    - The game is fun.
    - Playing with friends enhances the experience.

Negatives:
    - Way too time consuming, there are some friends I would never recommend this too because they'd never give it more than a week before they quit.
    - Way too many bugs and general sloppiness.
    - Not enough urgency giving to fixing chronic issues effecting the game (namely tier bloat, mostly of 4* and 5*, but now they are adding 3*s again so coming soon?)
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    I gave it a 5/10. In the optional comments I said, "overpriced goods and randomness to covers that allows free players to have better characters than paying customers".

That's just the response I would give whoever is in charge of the MPQ surverys, because I truly don't believe they care. If a friend asked me about the game. I would say, "Its totally worth giving a shot. I think its a fun and a good time killer. However, I would never spend a dime on it, if I had it to do over again. Would you buy an XBox if you knew it would break weekly/bi-weekly? Exactly! So don't buy this".
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker

Too much to catch up. In short, i would not start playing today.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    tgibbs40 wrote:
    I gave it a 5/10. In the optional comments I said, "overpriced goods and randomness to covers that allows free players to have better characters than paying customers".

That's just the response I would give whoever is in charge of the MPQ surverys, because I truly don't believe they care.

in a nutshell, this is their business model, isn't it? Throw enough **** against a wall and hope something sticks. In the first-person-shooter games, this is known as "spray and pray".

"if you get 1000 LT pulls, you are bound to get something good! but oh wait... not necessarily. Sorry, try again!"
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sometimes I hate it, sometimes I love it.. Would I recommend it to a stranger? Sure, but not my friends. When I first started playing, I got a few of my friends to join me.. in the end, MPQ destroys real life friendships! I don't want to deal with that ever again. Even if I notice I receive a FB gift from a friend I didn't know played MPQ, I won't even reach out them about it. It's my own addicting guilty pleasure that I will never recommend to anyone else again.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    it's always going to be a 0 until steam users either get the chance to migrate to mobile or stop getting screwed in terms of resources (from not having shield intercepts or facebook link) There still isn't a great reason why they couldn't implement the steam intercepts without ads for VIPs like they do on mobile :/ (it totally makes sense not being able to do it in general though as the ad company likely doesn't work with steam)