How has the new DDQ affected your roster/plans?

Comments

• beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:
    Interesting that the perspective on forums is of having all 4's.

Most lower tiered players don't have the option of just "swapping 2's out" they may have all the 2's and not have the 4's or 3's. And this is the main reason its a poor QOL addition, it's more things for players that already have everything and the resources to change things on the fly.

a 3 star players who's never drawn sam wilson or whoever the 4 star happens to be has to pray on legendaries, (lol heroic %'s are a joke) for that 4 to appear, or for the character to appear once every 43 pve's.

I'm a 3+ year player so yes it may sound condescending when I share from my perspective. There was a time when DDQ was first introduced when I did not have the necessary 3* for DDQ or have them high enough to be able to beat The Big Enchilada. Or when I couldn't beat the first cycle of Crash of the Titans nodes because all I had was a barely covered Xforce Wolvie. But eventually by taking advantage of the opportunities in-game, my roster advanced and now can handle the challenges presented and take full advantage of the resources given. Why shouldn't I expect those just starting out to do the same, be patient growing their roster and revel in the personal progress as they hit those same milestones with now even more opportunities that I didn't have when I was starting out? Why look a gift horse in the mouth?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i have every possible behemoth burrito character rostered
    since all my 3's are at least level 127 and only 1 (Thanos) isn't max covered (3/5/4) i seem to be set here. i only have 4 2 star champs and still haven't needed the fourth
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,700 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:

Most lower tiered players don't have the option of just "swapping 2's out" they may have all the 2's and not have the 4's or 3's. And this is the main reason its a poor QOL addition, it's more things for players that already have everything and the resources to change things on the fly.

a 3 star players who's never drawn sam wilson or whoever the 4 star happens to be has to pray on legendaries, (lol heroic %'s are a joke) for that 4 to appear, or for the character to appear once every 43 pve's.

I'm a 3+ year player so yes it may sound condescending when I share from my perspective. There was a time when DDQ was first introduced when I did not have the necessary 3* for DDQ or have them high enough to be able to beat The Big Enchilada. Or when I couldn't beat the first cycle of Crash of the Titans nodes because all I had was a barely covered Xforce Wolvie. But eventually by taking advantage of the opportunities in-game, my roster advanced and now can handle the challenges presented and take full advantage of the resources given. Why shouldn't I expect those just starting out to do the same, be patient growing their roster and revel in the personal progress as they hit those same milestones with now even more opportunities that I didn't have when I was starting out? Why look a gift horse in the mouth?

Um, thank you.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    It doesn't change my plans at all other than speeding up taco and CP hoarding slightly. I already had all 4*s rostered, all 3*s championed, had 2* farm running such that I'll never not have a 2* champed (other than Bag Man of course)
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2017
    GurlBYE wrote:

Don't take anything here as rude.

You have to understand, no it isn't condescending at all.
    It's a different perspective, and that's fine, but if you are unwilling to remove your own personal experiences from us discussing his then there's not much to say. I can't find it condescending because, i've said in a separate post, i personally don't care to spend the cost associated with the 'rewards. So if this was aimed at me not "earning my keep" or something along those lines, hopefully we've squashed that idea.

They want new players, they want us to recommend the game to friends. they want people to install and not look at the game and decide to uninstall one they grasp the slow grind ahead of them, with littler differentiation happening at fast paces.

You shouldn't expect anything of new players, because you aren't a new player.
    You've been here not for a long time, but literally months off of the entire history of this game.
    Like think about that, the game came out in late 2013. And you've been here 3 years in 2017.
    Realistically that's not a reasonable rate of progression and to top it off, the things you see now didn't exist when you started. You can't use a map that didn't exist to decide how long it should take the people after you to get there. If 5 stars were here since the start, sure, thats fine. Hell if 4's existed that'd be fine.

The new opportunities available have moved at such a glacial pace compared to how fast the game's advanced, you can't even champ a 2 star with the 100 dollars worth of ISO.
    the new characters released have passives that can literally destroy everything in the tiers below them when leveled up.
    They've bloated the 4 star tier farther then we've ever thought would happen when we were mid 4 tier.

now, why look a gift horse in the mouth?
    It's no different from another old cliche, but looked at differently.

One man's trash is another man's treasure.

People can not agree with you.
    That doesn't make either opinion worse.
    That doesn't devalue what either has to say.
    It's nothing more than that.
    My bluetile.png to your purpletile.png

In my personal perspective on changes, most changes in game need to be to smooth progression for those who come after me, because those changes automatically make my experience better. More people to play with, more money flowing into the game, ideally more generosity and support from the devs.

The more top heavy the changes, the less likely I am to have friends look at the game as more than a giant grinding marvel stamp collection with a match 3 game attached.
  • broll
    GurlBYE wrote:

It's totally doable, but it takes time and planning. I've only been playing about 350 days and I have virtually everyone rostered. I did spend some IRL money the first month to buy a bunch of seed HP and that really helped, but for a while I played around with a totally f2p roster and was able to reasonable keep pace.

Things to help if you're newer and struggling to keep up with slots:
    1. 2* farm should be your first priority. It's tempting to get the 4 and 5s early especially knowing how rough RNG is but doing so is shooting yourself in the foot. You are saying no thanks character that is both usable and lays golden eggs, id rather carry around this useless bolder for the next year. If you invest in the 2* and 3* champions it will dramatically help you HP such that you get to a point where HP is never a problem.
    2. If you can afford it VIP is a great value for newer rosters. You get close to 1000 HP a month plus the added bonus of rewards without ads (unless you're on steam, legit sorry)
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    broll wrote:
    GurlBYE wrote:

It's totally doable, but it takes time and planning. I've only been playing about 350 days and I have virtually everyone rostered. I did spend some IRL money the first month to buy a bunch of seed CP and that really helped, but for a while I played around with a totally f2p roster and was able to reasonable keep pace.

Things to help if you're newer and struggling to keep up with slots:
    1. 2* farm should be your first priority. It's tempting to get the 4 and 5s early especially knowing how rough RNG is but doing so is shooting yourself in the foot. You are saying no thanks character that is both usable and lays golden eggs, id rather carry around this useless bolder for the next year. If you invest in the 2* and 3* champions it will dramatically help you CP such that you get to a point where CP is never a problem.
    2. If you can afford it VIP is a great value for newer rosters. You get close to 1000 CP a month plus the added bonus of rewards without ads (unless you're on steam, legit sorry)

I am not personally struggling for slots.

I'm simply bringing in a perspective that, HP does cost to get started, 2 champs aren't super feasible when people are in the 2 star tier.
    I understand WE are currently flooded in 2 stars.
    but newer players don't receive them at the same rate.

At this point I'll stop, but I'm posting as an idea that reflects the player base that isn't on the forums.
    I just got my first 4 champ.

I've got no HP issues (Cp which you're mentioning are different and still never going to be super easy to get)

I'm bringing up the idea that 'hey yeah we can farm 2 stars, but for people in lower CL's they don't just get 2 stars jumping at them out of every which corner, and don't get them fast enough to turn them into hp farms.

Kinda hard to sell a 144 2 star, when its your strongest character. (NOTE THIS IS NOT MY ROSTER)
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    GurlBYE wrote:
    In my personal perspective on changes, most changes in game need to be to smooth progression for those who come after me, because those changes automatically make my experience better. More people to play with, more money flowing into the game, ideally more generosity and support from the devs.

The more top heavy the changes, the less likely I am to have friends look at the game as more than a giant grinding marvel stamp collection with a match 3 game attached.

If you think about it for a second, smoothing progression would actually mean adding modes like this one that will help more with the higher transitions than early in the game because the simple fact of the matter is that you do progress quite readily at lower tiers and things mainly bog down as you move through 3 and onto 4.
  • broll
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I am not personally struggling for slots.

I'm simply bringing in a perspective that, HP does cost to get started, 2 champs aren't super feasible when people are in the 2 star tier.
    I understand WE are currently flooded in 2 stars.
    but newer players don't receive them at the same rate.

I understand what you're trying to do and as someone who regularly does exactly that I'm dissagreeing with you. You may indicate that my advice doesn't really apply to you the quote below contradicts.
    GurlBYE wrote:
    I don't really need another shot at the giant slot machine and don't hoard, so nope.

I'm good.

I'll miss some tacos and CP.

Don't have the iso to farm the rest of the 2 stars too.

Also there are too many 3's on my do not roster list to care. (punisher, psylocke, squirrel, collosus etc), it'd cost me multiple starks to catch up lol. So I know WHY they did it, I just don't think it was needed.

You're overstating the plight of the newer players because you don't seem to understand how powerful the 2* farm is. Now there's something to be said that the 2* farm strategy isn't something that people who don't come to the forums would think of and that might have more merit. To play this game optimally you really have to do your homework and I wish the devs did more to make that not the case. But encouraging new players to roster every 2*, 3* , and 4* for this node actually is a step in the right direction there.
  • purplemur
    purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
    My leg fell asleep the last two days during my morning "routine" due to that big nasty burrito.

14cp a week at a trans point where I am cashing in for a classic as soon as I bank it. Hugely helpful.
    At least 3500iso extra, longer crash times! Progressiv awards for an elite:Thats farm fertilizer and newb food right there!
    This has been a great update to the dailies. Grateful for any extra resources
    juggs-spidey-yelena
    marvel,hawk,mags
    1/1/1oml,pair-a-doc's=TCB@TBE
    Also maxchamp 2* and a good 3* can win with a low cover 4; makes burrito approachable for the transitional group among us.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Not gonna say a thing since it might impact prizes.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    purplemur wrote:
    My leg fell asleep the last two days during my morning "routine" due to that big nasty burrito.

14cp a week at a trans point where I am cashing in for a classic as soon as I bank it. Hugely helpful.
    At least 3500iso extra, longer crash times! Progressiv awards for an elite:Thats farm fertilizer and newb food right there!
    This has been a great update to the dailies. Grateful for any extra resources
    juggs-spidey-yelena
    marvel,hawk,mags
    1/1/1oml,pair-a-doc's=TCB@TBE
    Also maxchamp 2* and a good 3* can win with a low cover 4; makes burrito approachable for the transitional group among us.

I basically completed the first Behemoth Burrito with level 127 Beast and level 111 Sam Wilson (poor level 15 Bullseye did make two strength 15 Protect Tiles)
    I see one coming up that scares me a little (I'm pretty sure level 127 Beast is better than level 127 Dock Ock or Loki, although Loki's powers aren't affected by his level)
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    GurlBYE wrote:

Don't take anything here as rude.
    I don't and I appreciate your post expressing your POV. Maybe it's just the limitation of using this thread to communicate but I don't see things in the same way you do, which is fine as you said. I've tried to put myself in a new player's place by starting a newb account on Steam a year ago and see that it's progressing faster than I had initially with my main mobile account. Maybe I can attribute that to the experience and definitely to the additional opportunities for resource gathering, but that newb account is doing just fine for where it is, scaling and placement wise. Yes it can't beat everything MPQ throws at it yet but I think that just takes time. Which is the limiting variable here. The more time dedicated in game, the more resources you get. You can close the gap between you and others who have joined ahead of you by pouring in money for HP and CP (via Buy clubs), never for ISO. If you feel that it is not progressing fast enough for new players, then we can disagree there. Consider that there may be new players like me when I started, that are casual players, patient and feel the rewards are enough to keep coming back for on a daily basis.

To keep this on topic, I love the Behemoth Burrito node. I am tackling this first everyday for the challenge and the novelty. I finish it and I get tokens
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    Well, when I started, I couldn't even win the first node. LOL. I remember struggling to win That Guy From That Place with level 15 IM35. And it was worth 149 points IIRC. In a way, DDQ is a ribbon by which to measure my personal advancement in the game. Slowly, I got through to Round Two, then Three. Then sometimes I was able to try Big Enchilada; only to get wiped because my roster was not good enough.

So, yeah. I've come to a place where Behemoth Burrito is nothing to be scared of. I think I've got all the required 2*, 3* and 4*; and am sure my roster can handle BB just find.

Whether you want to clear all the DDQ nodes, that might come as a personal preference. But the way Devs give back to those who choose to roster every character in the game, that's commendable. Of course Devs want the players to roster everyone, the HP spent would help the company's bottomline. The way they nudge players towards this goal, that is smart. And us, who have already rostered nearly everyone, can do nothing except shouting: THANK YOU!
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    Honestly, I've been trying less hard at DDQ with the change. Up to last week, I did it to completion literally every day without fail, but I have all 3*s champed now and lots of excess roster space, and the bump in rewards isn't really enough to make the 4* transition any more fun with the amount of time I can devote to the game, so I've been drifting away from playing the game at all, really.

It honestly doesn't help that BBurrito as a node is soooooo easy. I was looking for them to introduce something more Clash level, and instead they put in a node that OBW could probably beat on her own.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    I don't plan on changing any adding any characters, but i may have to shuffle some around in my opening slots. I don't believe in 2* farms, I'd rather focus on c hamping my 4*s where the champ rewards are much better. I've dabbled in 2* farming before, but I'd rather focus on getting all of my 4*s champed so I don't have to burn those covers.
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    The main change for me is that I'm actually considering rostering the Carnage cover in my queue.

I already have all of the 2*s and 3*s, so it's just a matter of reaping the benefits and engaging in an occasional bit of hate-rostering.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    I'm actually torn on what to do with my roster. As it sits, I have all of the 4* necessary for the Burrito save 6 of them (Carnage, SpiderG, Medusa, Wasp, Blade, AVenom), while I only have half the 2* (my farm is rotating since I only have 96 slots w/ all 3* rostered [40/42 champed]). I currently have 1 rotating 2* spot for required nodes.

So now I'm trying to figure out what I should do when my next roster spot opens up (in <200 HP): use some of my CP in hopes of rostering a 4* I don't have so I can do more burritos? Or slap another 2* I'm sitting on to expand my farm? I have about half of the 5* rostered so I'm worried about pulling a new 5* that wastes my one open slot with zero benefit. I don't PVP so my resource generation is limited to DDQ and "Story Mode".
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I did so far:
    - I got all 2*,
    - champed all 2*, while starting adding 3*,
    - sold all 1*, only kept Iron Man,
    - got all 3* but one and started farming,
    - champed some 3*

So my plans didn't change at all:
    - next is getting all 4*, Bagman and I'm still waiting to add Mystique,
    - get all 4* to level 180
    - start hoarding Iso-8...

As long the 3* is good enough, the new node should not be a problem with a low levelled 2* and 4*. I won the ones, I could make. There maybe exceptions, but I think I can live with it.

I have only twelve 4* and I will like most other beginners not be able to make every day the Burrito node. But I had the same issue with the 3* before I got all 3* and still have the same problem with the Crash Titans node. So it is not really new for me. For DDQ I find this ok, but for other story events I do not like it at all, to have at low SCL the need of 3* or 4* to make the special nodes.

I really enjoy the changes and new extras in DDQ I can already get!
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    I have all the 4*, 3* and 2* characters rostered. I've also got most of the 5*s at this point. I was just starting to look into having some duplicate 2*s for my farm. Progression from 0 covers is streaky, with you sometimes getting over a dozen covers before finding the one you need to finish the character, so I was planning to have one in the lv135->144 range to soak up covers I don't need right then while I'm building up their replacement. It shouldn't take too many slots, since I only have 3 or 4 near the end of the champion process at the same time anyway.

Mostly this change is pushing me towards putting more HP towards that now, rather than later. 2* characters just do a lot more when champed than not, and my 4* roster has some significant weaknesses to it. I'm not looking forward to the DDQ BB coming up with Venom / 3* Bullseye / Moonstone in the near future, since both my Moonstone and Venom are currently really undercovered, and 3* Bullseye only really works if he has the right partners, or is up against the right team. Getting an additional punch of damage from Photon Blast would be appreciated.