How has the new DDQ affected your roster/plans?

DesertTortoise
DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Before the addition of the Behemoth Burrito, I kept five 2-star max champs on my roster for clearing DDQ (Hawkeye, Ares, Thor, Storm and OBW) and had two open slots I used to cycle out the 2-star required for the upcoming PvE. I currently have every 3-star champed and every 4-star rostered, so this change meant I had to begin a 2-star farm to make the most of the new DDQ format. Here are the changes I've made since:
  • Kept OBW, Thor and Storm as max champed 2-stars. I'll farm their dupes.
  • Sold Ares and Hawkeye
  • With the two current slots I use and the cleared slots of Ares and Hawkeye, I'd need 9 more slots to roster all 13 2-stars (sorry, no Bagman)

This comes out to 9,000 Hero Points and it'll take roughly 970K iso to champ them all. I've already rostered all of the 2-stars and I'm sitting at 575K iso. I'm luckily at a point where I don't have any fully covered 4-stars that I want to champ so I'm hoarding LTs and CP for the time being so I'm not forced to make any tough iso decisions.

So the total damage will be around 8,750 HP and 840K iso. I do believe this investment will be totally worth it and is something I'm long overdue to execute, but the new DDQ really forced my hand to make this move.

Did anyone else in a different or similar situation have to change the way they approached their roster?

Comments

• Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I always cover a dupe before selling a 2* and then bump them up to 50 or so with part of the proceeds. Soooo, not at all, really. I'll just make a little more ISO and champ characters marginally faster.
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    The burrito enemy levels are so low that as long as you have the 2* character, and your 3* are champed, you should win easily even without great 4s too. I will just now wait until i get another 2* to replace before i sell off the max champ, as i usually sell the moment they hit 144.
  • mckauhu
    mckauhu Posts: 740 Critical Contributor
    Burrito made me take also last remaining 3-star to my roster icon_ragnarok.png
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I carry every 2-star max-champed (except Bagman, who's only champed) and every 3-star champed.

The new DDQ hasn't affected my roster or plans at all, other than I anticipate earning more ISO and CP from it.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    If you've been 2* farming since the champ feature became available, this should not mean much of a change, just additional resources. You are already in the habit of rotating your 2*s according to who's essential in the next story event; or have all 14 2*s max champed at lvl 144 AND be actively farming with a dupe set of 14 2*s.

The new resources given up, especially the 2 CP and extra Taco, may make it easier for me to commit to some sort of seasonal hoarding plan.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't really need another shot at the giant slot machine and don't hoard, so nope.

I'm good.

I'll miss some tacos and CP.

Don't have the iso to farm the rest of the 2 stars too.

Also there are too many 3's on my do not roster list to care. (punisher, psylocke, squirrel, collosus etc), it'd cost me multiple starks to catch up lol. So I know WHY they did it, I just don't think it was needed.
  • drayviper32
    drayviper32 Posts: 123 Tile Toppler
    edited February 2017
    Doesn't change any of my plans. Never farmed and have no plans on doing so.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    No change for me. I already have all 14 2*s rostered. I sell them off when they get to 144 and I have an extra cover available to re-roster them. Even a 1-cover 2* is fine since the 3* and 4* can win the node easily by themselves.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    No changes, I had all 2*s champed already and only sell one off when I have enough covers to champ their replacement.
  • Pants1000
    Pants1000 Posts: 484 Mover and Shaker
    No change for me. I already kept every 2 star rostered. I sell them at 144 when I get the next cover unless it's the current or next PVE essential. Even a 1 cover level 15 will work fine, since I have all 3's champed and all 4's rostered.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    If you've been getting by in most of the game just fine without all 2*'s rostered already, there is no reason to need to champ (or max-champ) them to still win the BBurrito. This must mean you have many champed 3*'s and at least some 4* that are playable.

So here's a plan (I do strongly suggest starting a 2* farm, however), all you need to do is manage 1 open slot and keep 2+ of each 2* character in your que for their 14 day cycle. They come around often enough to always have a good supply.
    Simply recruit the 2* essential of the day - look at the list to help manage characters that are coming up soon. As stated by others, you can win the BBurrito with a good 3*, a 1-cover 2*, and any level of the 4* character.
    Then simply sell out the 2* you don't need the next day as you recruit the next one that is needed.
    No need to champ anyone, no need for extra slots after the first one.

To be clear, I doubt anyone who used to farm 2*'s has ever quit farming them, thinking it's better to hold all 2*s at max-champ level. I used to be one of those who thought it was crazy to ever sell a max-champ 2, but after doing it, the rewards truly progress the rest of your roster more efficiently.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Aside from Coulson and Bagman, I've got every 2*, 3*, and 4* character rostered, so I look forward to getting my burrito on.
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    so basically the general consensus is...

the new change hasn't made us change anything at all, at least not people with a full/close to full roster. In reality, even if we had to make changes, I can't say I would spent a few thousand HP just to earn 2CP a day. The new change is a nice change of pace, with tiny rewards that were better than nothing, but that is all it is. New scenery, same location... It's like we just moved to a new park bench instead of sitting on the same one as always. The view is mostly the same with a few small, nice differences... but it's the same damn park as always.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    Big change for me. Previously, the only 2* I kept was a champed Ares as he was enough to clear the 2* DDQ nodes on his own. I kept a slot open for a rotating single-cover 2* as well, for whomever was needed in PvE. A couple of weeks ago I decided I needed to start 2* farming, so I opened up about five more roster spots for them. So far I have a champed Storm. But with this new change it seems like I'll just have to bite the bullet and roster all of them.
  • GurlBYE
    Interesting that the perspective on forums is of having all 4's.

Most lower tiered players don't have the option of just "swapping 2's out" they may have all the 2's and not have the 4's or 3's. And this is the main reason its a poor QOL addition, it's more things for players that already have everything and the resources to change things on the fly.

a 3 star players who's never drawn sam wilson or whoever the 4 star happens to be has to pray on legendaries, (lol heroic %'s are a joke) for that 4 to appear, or for the character to appear once every 43 pve's.
  • GurlBYE
    Crnch73 wrote:
    so basically the general consensus is...

the new change hasn't made us change anything at all, at least not people with a full/close to full roster. In reality, even if we had to make changes, I can't say I would spent a few thousand HP just to earn 2CP a day. The new change is a nice change of pace, with tiny rewards that were better than nothing, but that is all it is. New scenery, same location... It's like we just moved to a new park bench instead of sitting on the same one as always. The view is mostly the same with a few small, nice differences... but it's the same damn park as always.

general forum consensus, which happens to be the largest collection of players at the 4 star level and above in one place.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    No changes for me. Only characters I am missing are 4* Coulson and 5* Thanos, BP & Silver Surfer. Already running a 2* farm with plenty of extra slots so that I can take any given 2* to max and then flip the new one in.

For me it's just a couple of extra resources and maybe an extra minute or two with the changes to how TBE works and adding TBB.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I farm all my 2*'s but I don't always max level them right away, I try to wait until I have at least 10 pending covers of a specific character or they're a PVE essential. Anyways, today I beat the Behemoth Burrito node with my lvl 15 Torch with no problem. The enemies are low enough that you can easily beat it with just your champed 3*.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,791 Chairperson of the Boards
    No change, I was already flipping them all. I roster a 2nd when they hit 140 and dupe covers going into the level 140. Not once I have I had cover dying on the vine that way. Everyone should be flipping 2*, I can't believe how it's accelerated my tokens, HP and 3* covers doing it.
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    It hasn't affected my roster or plans at all. 2 star champion farming provides far too many benefits to pass up for a non-whale. Also, it doesn't feel bad to draw a 2*!