Most covers before getting a 2nd color?

tgibbs40
tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So the question is what is the most covers you've gotten in one color before finally getting a first cover in a 2nd power? Feel free to submit your 2*, 3*, 4*, or 5* records.

The one I have that made me even think this is my 5/0/0 Winter Soldier, which is actually a 10/0/0. So I've got 10...and counting...

Comments

• Ouch, 10/0/0 is pretty bad. Worst one for me is 4pool 8/1/0
  • 11 straight Phoenix green covers.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    only had one useless 4 star cover prior to getting a second color (Punisher MAX)
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    it's not quite the same thing, but my 0/0/3 Teen Jean was a 20+/0/3 before my first Blue cover.
  • bob554
    bob554 Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    my drax was once 5/0/5 before quite recently.

as for 2nd colour only, worst for me has only been 4/0/0 5Cap before I finally got to 5/1/0 (pre-re-work)
  • Akari
    Akari Posts: 492 Mover and Shaker
    I had 7 straight Goblin yellow until I got 1 purple... and that's where he is still, 0/1/5.
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 493 Mover and Shaker
    I pulled about 12 Mr. Fantastic Black covers before either other color. Then of course the next one I pulled was Yellow, one of the worst powers in the game (even after the "update").
    Mine is still 1 2 5, and I've pulled at least 20 Black covers...
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    This thread makes me feel better about my **** pulls.

Thanks, guys <3
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    My 4Cyke is currently 7/3/0. I'd really like to use him.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,156 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got about 13 Iceman blueflag.png covers before I got a second color cover. He's now 2/5/3, but I still pull blue more than anything else (so that's over 13 blues and counting!)

And to be fair, RNG has almost exclusively given me blue. Recently the Day 865 S.H.I.E.L.D. Resupply also gave me blue. All of the other color covers I got from placement or progression rewards, with maybe one exception.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Oh, now that I think about it, I am having trouble with my 2* farm, as my new Magneto is 0/1/8. Clearly this is not the correct season for me to start planting a Magneto crop.
  • MushroomGenius808
    MushroomGenius808 Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    My X-23 is really weird... it was 5/0/0, now it's 5/0/5. Those red covers just elude me.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have ten Professor X covers currently applied, and another five - all purple - that have been wasted. Of those five blue covers, I believe one was a pull, one was a daily resupply drop, one was a champion reward, and one was an exchange Customer Service allowed me when I pulled a Silver Surfer when 5* were new, and wasn't ready to roster a 5*.

I'm not sure where the fifth came from. It has to either have been a pull, or an SCL reward at some point.

Either way, 2/12 is the max on non-purple cover pulls for him. He has yet to pull a single yellow.
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    My Drax is currently on a run of 7 reds with no other colour.
  • tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Anyone else who still wants to contribute, feel free. For those who have already contributed, thanks! This has made me think of another follow up question now though. Is the character you can't/couldn't get a second cover in one that you really wish you could use?

I actually consider myself lucky that Winter Soldier is a character I only roster because I try to collect everyone. He's not someone I actively want to use. To go back to a few of the comments for examples: If I were to have this luck with 4* Deadpool, 4* Cyclops, 4* Jean, 4* Iceman, or 5* Phoenix I would be angry (but that's a different topic and we've all seen those).

The Professor X example interested me too. Although I haven't really tracked my #'s on him (because I have 2 colors: purple and blue) my best guess is that I have something like a 7/8/0 version. I cannot get a yellow cover either, so I feel you there! icon_lol.gif
  • klonewarrior
    klonewarrior Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    So far 5 black Silver Surfers. Not only is the the highest covered 5 star I have, its also the most useless.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Back in the 2*-3* transition, my 3* Cyclops started something like 0/15/0, and finished 3/24/5. I just bought the last red cover because I was tired of seeing those yellows.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can't remember. But I've had a couple of 5/0/5's, which I would think would be even more rare. In fact, my SS was 7/0/5 before going all the way to 7/1/6.
  • Tilesmasher
    Tilesmasher Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    9 wasp yellows before pulling anything else, now I have her at 5/5/0, it's ridiculous.

I've been waiting a few months to use moon Knight, one of my favorite heroes.. He's at 3/3/5 and I've pulled at least 6 greens in a row now, this week alone I pulled 4 greens for him.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    Similar to many here, but my Nova had 8 yellows before any other colors. My 3* falcon I only got the yellow powers from deadpool until he was champed - so 9 complete DDQ covers to champ - starting with a 0/5/5.