Andre_Leca_89 Posts: 92 Match Maker
edited March 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hi all

Just wanted to share this with everyone,

2* characters from level 15 to level 94 cost 69524 ISO and 5.000 to promote

3* characters from level 40 to level 166 cost 119919 ISO and 7.500 to promote

4* characters from level 70 to level 270 cost 365896 and 12.500 to promote

5* characters from level 255 to level 450 cost 551296 ISO and 20.000 to promote

I'm putting this out here because I championed my first 4* about 7 weeks ago, I was shocked that 4* characters cost three times as much as a 3*, since then I've championed 3 more I worked out that it takes me roughly 2 weeks to collect the necessary ISO to champion a 4* by finishing top 10 in every PVE sub top 10 in PVE overall, PVP is complicated then there's deadpool daily quest

Why such a high cost for 4* I already have 7 characters fully covered some 12 covers, I am sure some of you can relate

What is you're thoughts

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    When you need to champion a bunch of 4*s, it's stressful.

But for me, I've made it over the hump. Now I have championed all of my fully-covered 4*s, so my surplus of ISO continues to grow. I'm at around 520,000 iso now, and I don't have anything to spend it on. I'm sometimes soft-leveling some 5*s or using it to maintain my 2* champ farm. When I get more 4*s at 13 covers, it will be easy to champion them quickly, unless that happens with a bunch at once. We'll see. But if I need to throw away some 4* covers, it's not that big of a deal, since I already have a bunch championed, so I'll pull through.
  • rawfsu
    rawfsu Posts: 291 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I've started token and ISO hoarding myself and this is a huge help!
  • St1nkf1st
    St1nkf1st Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I have 12 4* at 13 covers, all are between level 70-110. I stopped opening LTs and using CPs and had to put some (ISO) love into my 2* farm, so starting from the bottom with ISO earning once more. Even not that accurate for my case, let's take your 4* champ amount *12.

Makes you think.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I have over 1 mil isos at all times so I can level/champion whatever I need in a pinch.

I don't spend isos at all unless I need to. I don't level my characters except in chunks. Like my latest champion was 3* Strange. I got covers, and I used them. Once I got to 13, I maxxed and then championed. Otherwise, the character stays at the default level.
  • TheDrStrange
    TheDrStrange Posts: 89 Match Maker
    Options
    I've gotten 16 of my 4-stars championed. Most recently, I got Wolverine and Cyclops done. Luckily, my 2-star farm was getting maxed out which allowed me to do both at one time, but now I need to spend some time getting the 2-stars back to earning me rewards. I also have my Thanos to champion as I recently pulled that 14th cover. Until then, I'm banking Legendary Tokens (12) and CP (215). It'll be a fun little token binge when I get everything back to normal. I'm guessing I'll have 15 or so Tokens and 300-400 CP.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Andre MPQ wrote:
    Hi all

Just wanted to share this with everyone,

2* characters from level 15 to level 94 cost 69524 ISO that includes 5.000 to promote

3* characters from level 40 to level 166 cost 119919 ISO that includes 7.500 to promote

4* characters from level 70 to level 270 cost 365896 that includes 12.500 to promote

5* characters from level 255 to level 450 cost 551296 ISO that includes 20.000 to promote

Your prices are a little off. The costs to level to champ are correct but do not actually include the promotion costs. Those are additional.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,723 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As I said before, ISO flow rate in general is good but the 4* cost needs to be halved now. With two per month and probably more 3*'s coming 750-800k ISO per month to just keep up with the new covers let alone making headway into others is absurd. Reduce the 4* cost and let people champ toons they normally wouldn't bother with.

I'm not interested in the 5* game at all, but I'd love to work my way through the 4*s. Joining the game a year and half late, I have no chance at almost 400k per toon.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah it is kinda odd that:
    Jump in price from champ 2* to champ 3* = 172%
    Jump in price from champ 3* to champ 4* = 305%
    Jump in price from champ 4* to champ 5* = 151%
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What's funny is that 4* costs have already been reduced.

It used to be 420K for a 4*.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    What's funny is that 4* costs have already been reduced.

It used to be 420K for a 4*.

But so were 3s, which used to be 160k.
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Does anyone know what a max champed 3 star sells for?
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Well, cost of championing is equal to amount of ISO you get from promoting so even is numbers are weird, there is actually a strict rule how it is counted.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Arphaxad wrote:
    105K.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:

But for me, I've made it over the hump. Now I have championed all of my fully-covered 4*s, so my surplus of ISO continues to grow. I'm at around 520,000 iso now, and I don't have anything to spend it on. I'm sometimes soft-leveling some 5*s or using it to maintain my 2* champ farm. When I get more 4*s at 13 covers, it will be easy to champion them quickly, unless that happens with a bunch at once. We'll see. But if I need to throw away some 4* covers, it's not that big of a deal, since I already have a bunch championed, so I'll pull through.

I'm curious how long the "hump" went for. I've always had at least one 4* in queue with 13 covers waiting to be championed since at least October. Now I'm at 22 champs and 10 more at 13 covers and it seems like this will last for at least another 4 months, especially since more characters will hit 13 covers before those other 10 get championed. It feels like I'm going to spend almost a solid year of always having a 4* cover ticking down about to expire. That's a long time to be watching the queue.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    HaywireII wrote:
    mpqr7 wrote:

I'm curious how long the "hump" went for. I've always had at least one 4* in queue with 13 covers waiting to be championed since at least October. Now I'm at 22 champs and 10 more at 13 covers and it seems like this will last for at least another 4 months, especially since more characters will hit 13 covers before those other 10 get championed. It feels like I'm going to spend almost a solid year of always having a 4* cover ticking down about to expire. That's a long time to be watching the queue.
    A year if you play PVP and PVE for T10 each time.
    I've just finished the 4* tier after starting with 5 champs last January.
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:
    105K.

How much HP?
  • MaskedMan
    MaskedMan Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yes 4* are stressful partially because as you make the transition you start with a few low 4*'s that need little ISO then you get one who levels high, then suddenly you have a bunch that are leveling and you need crazy amounts of ISO to keep up and not waste cards because you didn't champion (or you have to stop turning in for months while you level up).

So part of the problem is the ever increasing number of characters involved too. Basically if new characters come out faster than the average player (not power players in top alliances you can't build game around them) gains enough ISO to champion those new characters, then the average player is going to constantly fall more and more behind no matter what they do (other than spend silly amounts of money since the return for buying ISO is terrible once you get out of 2-3 star land).

This is kind of what I thought about the Deadpool changes. Nice to get Control Points but a lot of those points are going to end up getting turned into 1,000 ISO when I can't use the card.
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I've got a recycling 2* farm, well established. All 42x 3* champed. And 32/47 4* champed. I'm working on my 33rd (C4ge), with a 14th cover in queue. I've got three other 4* at 13 covers, and all the rest (except Coulson, just available today) on my roster with at least a handful of covers, each.

I feel like HaywireII, above. I always seem to have a 14th cover expiring in queue, and am working to champ that next 4*. It's been that way since I champed my first 4* back last May. I have been unable to reach a hump where I'm hoarding ISO, waiting for the next cover. I keep hoping that'll happen, with each 4* I champ, but so far, it hasn't.

I've tried periods of hoarding LT and CP, but the 14th covers keep coming from Progression Rewards or a lucky Heroic/Event token... So I mostly stop hoarding (well, that and I get bored/anxious and dive in to opening my stash icon_cool.gif )...

I've seen the pros and cons to opening... I understand it's currently the "Best" way to get 5*... But, I enjoy opening tokens. I also enjoy improving my 2, 3, and 4* rosters. Some day I'll tackle the 5* tier. Until then, though, there's no doubt about it... I do wish 4* were cheaper to champ (and/or ISO was more plentiful in the game).
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This is a great resource and something handy to keep bookmarked in your browser (I don't know who made it, but it was not me).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... E/pubhtml#

That being said, it's the long game. Eventually you'll champ them all. My rewards really increased once I got my 2* farm going, then increased even more when I got all my 3*s champed.

I'm at 33 4*s now, with #34 (Fury) happening within the next two days.

Then it'll be time to hoard all the iso in the event that I can max cover another 5* or to champ whatever newer release 4s that have recently become cover maxed. I'll probably keep a minimum stock of Iso at 550k then just apply levels whenever to undercovered 4s.

It's a long term plan though. Day 1086 and counting.
  • Bowgentle
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Arphaxad wrote:
    105K.

How much HP?
    500 HP.

Both not worth it since 3* PVP is still a thing, so going from a 266 to something much lower paints a gigantic target on your back.