1.5% chance to get the *5 level card. where is the fix?

8punch
8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
This is getting rediculous. natasja moved to the right side.

we now only get a 1.5% chance to get a level 5 card for 20 stars. but 0.5% to get the level 5 card for a color. when will this be fixed? how on this planet is it even possible for new players to champ old man logan. jean grey, silver surfer etc?

i have a higher chance of finding an unicorn then get older level 5 cards champed.

why not create new brackets like we have now for thanos, black panther, doctor strange? sure cost 25 stars, but at least have a much higher chance to champ those cards.

older cards are now near impossible to champ.

end rant!

Comments

• Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    8punch wrote:
    how on this planet is it even possible for new players to champ old man logan. jean grey, silver surfer etc?

You aren't meant to! You should be working on 2*s & 3*s. 5*s should only start being a concern 2 years down the line.
  • Gmax101
    Gmax101 Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    But as a 2 year player with no older 5* covered other than a 2yellow OML, how do I get blacksmith spiderman or goblin or phoenix or red/black OML...

I agree that new players should still build rosters, but the original point that classic tokens make covering old 5* a total luck fest still stands

But then that ain't new news icon_e_smile.gif
  • IlDuderino
    IlDuderino Posts: 427 Mover and Shaker
    I think this applies to anyone that doesn't currently have any / many covers, they have almost no chance to cover OML, PHX etc even if they are established 4* players, and that is fair comment. It was easier to become a 5* player a year ago. Now you have to hoard CP and tokens for months / years and that is to get the latest 5*s. It is past time they divided the old 5*s between types of LT (e.g an old legends token with a 3.75% chance for SS, OML, PHX, BSSM, a not so old legends with a 3.75% chance for GG, CA, IM and BBHulk etc).
  • Nick441234
    Nick441234 Posts: 1,496 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, I get that its frustrating for older players. New players shouldn't be worrying about this though, they have a roster to build first. Rostering 5* characters as a new player would be a disasterous thing to do as your scaling would go through the roof.
  • creepo
    creepo Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    8punch wrote:
    how on this planet is it even possible for new players to champ old man logan. jean grey, silver surfer etc?

I've been playing for 3 years and I haven't champed ANY of those! My closest is OML with 8/13 covers.

New players won't get to champ 5-stars for a LONG time without a serious real money investment.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    You guys are missing the whole point here. The fact is, you do not want champed 5s.

Right now, the 4* game is the end game. 5s are there for whales to spend money. If you have 5s champed, then that's literally all you'll use. All your other characters will be too low level for the enemies you'll be facing.

I am a 3+ year player, well into the 4* game. 17 champed 4s, all 3s (except Thanos) champed. I have all the 5s except for Panther, between 1 and 8 covers each, but they're all at level 255. I never use them. I don't want to.

I remember a time where certain 3s were scary to go up against. Cyclops, Hulk, Luke Cage, Blade, fighting these guys in pvp meant I'd need a health pack. Now I dont consider them a threat. They don't have enough HP or do enough damage for me to worry about them. And the only time I use them on my own team is when they're required or powered up.

I don't want this to happen to my 4s yet. So I'm not touching my 5s. Not until they balance out the power gaps between tiers. And I don't see them doing that any time soon.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gmax101 wrote:
    But as a 2 year player with no older 5* covered other than a 2yellow OML, how do I get blacksmith spiderman or goblin or phoenix or red/black OML...

I agree that new players should still build rosters, but the original point that classic tokens make covering old 5* a total luck fest still stands

But then that ain't new news icon_e_smile.gif

holy cow there's a blacksmith spiderman!
  • OneLastGambit
    You guys are missing the whole point here. The fact is, you do not want champed 5s.

Right now, the 4* game is the end game. 5s are there for whales to spend money. If you have 5s champed, then that's literally all you'll use. All your other characters will be too low level for the enemies you'll be facing.

I am a 3+ year player, well into the 4* game. 17 champed 4s, all 3s (except Thanos) champed. I have all the 5s except for Panther, between 1 and 8 covers each, but they're all at level 255. I never use them. I don't want to.

I remember a time where certain 3s were scary to go up against. Cyclops, Hulk, Luke Cage, Blade, fighting these guys in pvp meant I'd need a health pack. Now I dont consider them a threat. They don't have enough HP or do enough damage for me to worry about them. And the only time I use them on my own team is when they're required or powered up.

I don't want this to happen to my 4s yet. So I'm not touching my 5s. Not until they balance out the power gaps between tiers. And I don't see them doing that any time soon.

Couldn't agree more. However when the day comes to move to 5* it would be nice to have a variety of different 5* token packs to choose from and therefore semi-target my progress.

Just arrange them in groups of 3 like latest are and scrap classics.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    My 5/1/5 OML cries reading this... only 0.5% to pull!

Additionally, my 5/1/5 SS cries, as does my 2/4/5 PHX and my 5/2/2 IM. The odds are too small that I'll pull the covers and colors that I need, but I'm incredibly good at pulling 6th covers of those characters. I hate being punished for trying to get to 5* land.

I already have 36 championed 4*s, so I think I've proven that I have what it takes to maybe champion a 5* some day. In fact, it's harder to champion the last 10 four-stars, because odds get lower and lower that I'll pull a non-championed 4*, which isn't a huge deal, but it is an issue.
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I'm putting out the argument that I am one of the players that needs help getting 5* at my point in the game.

I am currently entrenched in the 4* realm, with 25 champed 4*s, 7 fully covered but unchampioned 4*s, and the rest of my 4* with less than 13 covers (curse you RNG for holding back on improving my 1/3/4 Peggy).

I thought at this point I should be setting my sights on 5*s, since I started building my 4* roster at around the same point for my 3*s (half were maxxed by then). It doesn't look that way for me now. My best 5* is a 300 3/2/4 Black Bolt, and it was only through 3 months of spending all my CP on latest legends. I now look at him wistfully in my roster, wondering when will he ever be fully covered.

My short term goal for MPQ right now is apparently chasing ISO to champion the rest of my 4*s, which is a consistently moving target, what with new characters being released every 2 weeks and me getting enough ISO to champion one 4* is also roughly every two weeks.

Currently still tolerable, but the more difficult it is for me to develop my 5* roster, the less motivated I get to actually progress.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I see arguments made against people wanting 5* progression. Saying that it will lead to limiting your roster. Why? What about soft-capping 5*s and pairing them with 4*s?

I remember seeing a player with plenty of 5*s fully-covered but soft-capped, probably to pair them with championed 4*s. That is the goal I have with my roster (for now). Meanwhile my interest in new 4* Champs are dwindling, and my 5*s aren't even half-covered.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

Couldn't agree more. However when the day comes to move to 5* it would be nice to have a variety of different 5* token packs to choose from and therefore semi-target my progress.

Just arrange them in groups of 3 like latest are and scrap classics.

Just wanted throw my hat in here as well. From everything I've heard from those that are in 5* land it's a dark and desolate place filled with weeping and nashing of teeth. You generally get stuck using the same 3 characters, fighting teams of the same 3 characters, scaling is usually broken, progression gets so slow it feels like you're going backwards, and so on... If I was given the option to get 3 5* champions now for next to nothing or get a 4* cover or two, I'd choose the later in a heartbeat.

My hope is that by the time I finish up 4*s or get halfway, 5* acquisition and the tons of other issues start getting addressed, but I'm certain in no hurry.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Day 464 and Old Man Logan Yellow is the only cover that was in game when I started playing that I have never pulled even once. He sits at 2/0/1 gently weeping in the corner. My only mistake was finding this game a year too late; I wouldn't mind a little help in getting past that.
  • OneLastGambit
    Kjempen wrote:
    I see arguments made against people wanting 5* progression. Saying that it will lead to limiting your roster. Why? What about soft-capping 5*s and pairing them with 4*s?

I remember seeing a player with plenty of 5*s fully-covered but soft-capped, probably to pair them with championed 4*s. That is the goal I have with my roster (for now). Meanwhile my interest in new 4* Champs are dwindling, and my 5*s aren't even half-covered.

The difference with 5s is that their abilities don't gain much damage from extra covers. All their power comes from being high level. They are less useful than a champed 4 when softcapped. 4* tend to gain big damage jumps from 4-5 covers that doesn't happen with 5*
  • Ruinate
    Ruinate Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    I have a level 420, 11 cover Spiderman and Ironman. I've given up chasing after both. That's how stupid this system is.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    As if this thread needs another bump.

To put this in context if you have a 9/13 classic, missing 4 covers.. at 1.5% rate that's an average of 266 pulls.
    ^ This worsens if you have a skewed build

For the ~same amount of pulls you can max 2-3 latest starting with zero covers.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    HaywireII wrote:
    Day 464 and Old Man Logan Yellow is the only cover that was in game when I started playing that I have never pulled even once. He sits at 2/0/1 gently weeping in the corner. My only mistake was finding this game a year too late; I wouldn't mind a little help in getting past that.
    Starting a year earlier wouldn't have helped - everything before 5s were introduced was rendered meaningless by them and replaced by luck of the draw from LTs.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually pulled an OML red a few days ago which put him at 13 covers without ever selling any dupes.

BUUUUTTTTTT I also got a bunch of his covers back when he was new.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    edited February 2017
    8punch wrote:

You aren't meant to! You should be working on 2*s & 3*s. 5*s should only start being a concern 2 years down the line.

I'm 3 years down the line. Day 1215 on Daily resupply. Shield rank 92. Average almost 2 pulls a day from latest tokens now. All 3*s champed. 28 4*s champed. Only 8 of the 18 4*s not champed are not max covered. Steady 2* farm. I have 98 5* covers across all 13 5*s. Sold 5 5* covers so far. I still don't have my first champed 5*. Yesterday my 6 cover Black Widow joined the other 9 lost causes in classics.

I want to be able to score more than 900 points before needing to start shield hopping. 1 champed 5* and a bunch of 4*s over or just short of unboosted level 300 i think stillbgived me plenty of options.
  • 8punch
    8punch Posts: 97 Match Maker
    i think once you have level 5 cards champed the game becomes much more fun.

battles dont take forever. you could climb in pvp to 900 points in about 30 mins. then to battle for place 1 till 5 another 30 minutes. dont need to worry about not enough points. since you be able now to hit like 99% of the people except champed level 5 cards. now you could play for like 3 hours and barely end up in the top 100.

PVE will be more easy as well again save time. although i dont like PVE much. hitting same node over and over again is boring as hell.

so no at the moment i am saving up all my tokes and stars and when i have 255 something i am going all out and hopefully max 2 level 5 cards and go all out. screw the level 4 cards screw the level 3 cards. i want maximum damage, maximum carnage!!! Thanos style!!! icon_e_biggrin.gif